Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
I voted the last few days (not much maybe 30 or so votes) even though I don't usually take part in these things.

Anyway I liked the idea one member here posted a few pages back about it making Alizée atleast feel good about herself. Well I'm more down for buying her cd's, but now it seems this voting thing is just futile anyway, unless we buy votes.

I could only afford 10 euro's but i haven't made my mind up yet on whether I should even bother or not.. I was thinking if a few of us here purchased 10 votes that could boost her some though, but would it be enough?

So what's the deal now? I've never been much good with these things.. do we purchase votes or just vote as when we can and feel a sense of doing something good for our girl whether she wins or not?
Please don't buy any votes. It would just be a waste of money. I can't figure out what the prize for Alizée would be anyway. Now that the other artists' fans have started throwing out serious money, they will continue to do so.

I was having fun keeping Alizée in the lead with free votes, but I'll admit it's frustrating when for $3, someone can negate over 2.5 hours of my efforts. On the one hand, if we continue we can show the other fans that we don't have to buy votes and make them continue to, I'd feel great about that. But I'm a little concerned that some Alizée fans will start spending money and I'd feel bad about that, as there doesn't seem to be a prize worth winning for her.

I think it's futile either way. So just vote when you can or when you want to, and we'll see what happens. The top 20 will move on to the next round which will be only a week, and I'm not sure we'll be able to keep her in it after that.

I've voted before in a few one-vote contests for Alizée but not in many. This time I voted many more times than I can count. (I try to guess which captcha is going to come up since there seems to be a finite number of them that are used, and they are used over and over.) When I'm at my desktop in the evenings doing other things it's no big deal. At work I've probably voted more than I should, in fairness to my employer. I probably won't vote as much while working anymore.

And currently each vote is 10,000 weex. Go for it!

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 09-21-2013 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: Going for it!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
I voted the last few days (not much maybe 30 or so votes) even though I don't usually take part in these things.

Anyway I liked the idea one member here posted a few pages back about it making Alizée atleast feel good about herself. Well I'm more down for buying her cd's, but now it seems this voting thing is just futile anyway, unless we buy votes.

I could only afford 10 euro's but i haven't made my mind up yet on whether I should even bother or not.. I was thinking if a few of us here purchased 10 votes that could boost her some though, but would it be enough?

So what's the deal now? I've never been much good with these things.. do we purchase votes or just vote as when we can and feel a sense of doing something good for our girl whether she wins or not?
I have voted too, but it reminds me of a similar thing that went on a few years back. They also allowed you to buy votes. All the Alizée fan sites worked very hard to vote for Alizée and she ended up winning. As far as I know, very few of her votes were bought. The result was that they put her on their wall of fame on their site, or some BS like that. Nothing came of it and nobody outside the Alizée fan world took notice, except for the angry fans of the other artists who lost. Several months later the site was gone, or at least the part with the voting results. It was fun to participate and watch the votes pile up, especially since Alizée won. But I'm afraid that was the only good that came out of it, the fun of a little competition and the good feeling it gave the fans to stand up and be counted for Alizée.

I haven't researched the site who is running this vote, so I don't know if this vote has any value whatsoever. I also find it distasteful that they would sell votes. As far as I know, they are making money off of the fans and returning nothing of value to the artists. And it's the principle of the thing for me. I think the idea of them selling votes is kind of disgusting. In my opinion, the fact that you can buy votes wipes out any legitimacy this contest would otherwise have.

My take on it is to encourage fans to vote if they want to and if they are enjoying the competition. But I guess I wouldn't recommend that anybody buy votes. I can't help but to feel the fans that are paying are being taken advantage of. And in the end, a victory will be much sweeter if we didn't buy it.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

^^

OK lets do what we can then and not take any shit from these swines.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
My take on it is to encourage fans to vote if they want to and if they are enjoying the competition. But I guess I wouldn't recommend that anybody buy votes. I can't help but to feel the fans that are paying are being taken advantage of. And in the end, a victory will be much sweeter if we didn't buy it.
I agree with everything said here. If the top 20 will move on after this, then she's practically guaranteed to move on to the next round, so paying for boosts now wouldn't be in one's best interest, and you probably shouldn't do it at any point. You could spend it on a poster or CD instead. That will probably help her more. In the following rounds is where our votes will count the most
Old 09-22-2013, 02:59 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

I agree with Lefty and Fall above. Buying votes negates every effort, rather spend the money on her music. I am also helping out by voting for her as often as possible.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 09-22-2013, 04:41 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I think we need to keep on voting. I'm not sure if they're going to start "clean" next week. I mean, start from zero vote. If not, then we're going to have a lot of catching up to do. At least, let's keep her within a striking distance.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:53 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Such voting on such sites is everytime the same... I think the only reason why they do it, they know someone will buy votes and they have easy money.
Like Lefty wrote, one artist will win... and that's all.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:28 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Do the math on this one seventeen weeks of competition with Jenifer and Mylenes fans spending roughly sixty dollars a day buying votes. Really folks do you actually think Jenifer's and Mylene's ten or twelve rabid fans are going to spend $7,140 per singer to keep either of those two ahead of Alizée until Jan 12 2014 ?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:52 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Do the math on this one seventeen weeks of competition with Jenifer and Mylenes fans spending roughly sixty dollars a day buying votes. Really folks do you actually think Jenifer's and Mylene's ten or twelve rabid fans are going to spend $7,140 per singer to keep either of those two ahead of Alizée until Jan 12 2014 ?
why not... world is full of people who spent money for more weird things
Old 09-22-2013, 01:47 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post

I agree. The idea here is to plan for the long haul, and not burn out in the first or second efforts. Right now she needs to be in the top 20. She clearly is.

What is more important is to be ready to jump on the next effort, and then the one after that - each time making sure she is well inside the group advancing.

Then, near the end, if we need to push hard, we can. It's a marathon, not a sprint.