Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-11-2007, 03:49 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
I indeed do apperceive an obligation to acknowledge that you, my good sir, have superseded my undertaking to utilize a voluminous vocabulary, though I do concur with your allegations of Garçoncanadien having designated an impressive undertaking. Respectable dalliance, CFHollister.
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to use unusual vocabulary. I just chose the words with which I could best express my thoughts on the matter. Clearly they have fallen on deaf ears:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
lol wow you people just waste your life going to school and to work but within 60 years you will be 6 ft. under the ground and have wasted your ONLY life on stuf you will never need lol wow
Based on these further remarks, I have further choice words for you, Justin, which would be unbecoming of my position in this community. Needless to say, however, in my relatively few years in teaching and working with children, I have encountered toddlers with more wisdom than you.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:44 AM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Based on these further remarks, I have further choice words for you, Justin, which would be unbecoming of my position in this community. Needless to say, however, in my relatively few years in teaching and working with children, I have encountered toddlers with more wisdom than you.

If you recall some of his remarks a few weeks ago that lead to a temporary ban, it is pretty obvious you can't reason with him and that he also just likes to get people riled up. At this point it would probably be best to stop responding in such a manner and farther provoking him and this silly arguement to contiunue, especially in a thread dedicated to someone like garçoncanadien. I just vote to ignore the stupid remarks and maybe he'll shut up?

But anyhow back on track. Hang in there garçoncanadien, I've always enjoyed reading your posts even back when I was just a guest lurker. Your contributions to the French learning section have really helped me a ton. We are all rooting for you. Stay in touch.

Last edited by Calisto; 10-11-2007 at 08:47 AM..
Old 10-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I love you lili

Dylan is on a distinguished road

dude whats up with Justin??? I know him in real life and he has NEVER acted this way before like he does on here. hes always quiet and nice to everyone. but whatever
Old 10-14-2007, 10:59 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Anyway, moving back on topic, We are cheering for you GC. Hang in there.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Well my block 2 scores (second exams) have come back and I feel like such a ridiculous failure. I have never felt so horrible in my whole life. I know all the pep talk tricks to keep myself happy, but failing eight exams really gets me down. like 62% fail. I have never been such a loser in my whole life - Im really sorry guys to tell you this I know it seems out of character.

Bottom line - I need to get my butt into shape for my third and fourth exams or I repeat the class again. 5 years in medical school. What on earth do I need to do? What on earth is wrong with me?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:32 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Hi GC,

I suspect it's a watershed, sink-or-swim environment. I remember Advanced Calculus: people who were used to acing HWs and tests were getting 60% on everything. They don't want everyone to become doctors; they need to find people who can take a beating, get knocked to the floor, and drag themselves up for another round of punishment. Medicine's tough; you'll never cure everyone, your tools will never be good enough, you'll never know enough, and the latest state-of-the-art treatments you learn today have a ~ 50/50 chance of being considered cruel medieval leechings in 20 years. You have to be able to handle that kind of burden to do your job effectively and I suspect they want to burn that into you with a trial by fire. So few people even make it in; you made that cut, and you're doing your very best to make the next one. Give it all you've got; if it's what you really want to do, then you'll push yourself as hard as you can and get as far as you can.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:35 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
Well my block 2 scores (second exams) have come back and I feel like such a ridiculous failure. I have never felt so horrible in my whole life. I know all the pep talk tricks to keep myself happy, but failing eight exams really gets me down. like 62% fail. I have never been such a loser in my whole life - Im really sorry guys to tell you this I know it seems out of character.

Bottom line - I need to get my butt into shape for my third and fourth exams or I repeat the class again. 5 years in medical school. What on earth do I need to do? What on earth is wrong with me?

There is nothing wrong with you. Keep trying and work hard. They will throw a lot at you. They are trying to filter out those who don't have the stick-to-it-iveness to persevere.

In the end, either you will be successful or you won't. Either way you will know you gave it your all.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Homework, Boo! More Alizee please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
There is nothing wrong with you. Keep trying and work hard. They will throw a lot at you. They are trying to filter out those who don't have the stick-to-it-iveness to persevere.

In the end, either you will be successful or you won't. Either way you will know you gave it your all.
Speaking of which, I've got homework to do...damn

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:18 AM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

i just hope to SEE you here anyways...you are one of these members who are very near my heart. thank you for everything what you did as a fan and as a human. (btw, you have to come because soon i'll release "my" "L'alize", today i am going to record it in studio) take care, we will always love you.

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:59 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
i just hope to SEE you here anyways...you are one of these members who are very near my heart. thank you for everything what you did as a fan and as a human. (btw, you have to come because soon i'll release "my" "L'alize", today i am going to record it in studio) take care, we will always love you.
oh sweet so you are recording it today and really soon we can expect to get a hold of it? I can't wait