Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentFox View Post
So there you go man! You know what it means
yeah i got it now! its a traditional festival!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:06 AM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

well yes Happy Halloween, and again sweet sig Umeesh i love how it changes from one from another.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:15 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

Happy Halloween and yes I suppose you could say its a pagan holiday but it actually began as more or less a Celtic festival on a day where it was believed spirits and dark creatures could cross into the living world so people would dress up in animal furs and wear animal heads and generally Halloween costumes to blend in with the spirits. I did a report on this for school like 6 years ago so my information might be a bit off but thats generally the idea

Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhehe View Post
well yes Happy Halloween, and again sweet sig Umeesh i love how it changes from one from another.
Edit off topic :thank you joey! i have made that one in image ready (PS CS2)
Old 10-31-2007, 11:47 AM
I love you lili

Dylan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I REALLY hope you do not "actually" think that is real about the "spirits visting the physical world" and about the "magic spells" being real. Like I said before. when them religions were made up (about the witchcraft) people were stupid back then. they did not know anything about how the world works or anything. its impossible to say some words and dance around then your cancer is healed. im sorry it doesnt work that way. also there have been TRILLIONS of people that have lived on earth. so why havent I seen TRILLIONS of Ghosts? ever realized that when someone "claims" they have seen ghosts NO ONE seen it with them and they have NO video proof of it? hmmmmmmmm.... im sorry but witchcraft isnt real,magic isnt real, etc. It was all made up just like "a God controling Water" there is no God that controls water. they just made that up because they had no explanation on how water was falling from the sky. so people that "pratice witchcraft" are doing nothing but being stupid and wasting there time on somthing that is impossible. im not a cave man. but it is fun Teepeeing peoples houses
Old 10-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
I REALLY hope you do not "actually" think that is real about the "spirits visting the physical world" and about the "magic spells" being real. Like I said before. when them religions were made up (about the witchcraft) people were stupid back then.
Of course he does. Unlike yourself, he actually has experience with such things, and is not going purely on speculation and presuppositions about "the way the world works" (as if anyone really knows that to such a degree that they can exclude whole categories of reality from existence).

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
I REALLY hope you do not "actually" think that is real about the "spirits visting the physical world" and about the "magic spells" being real. Like I said before. when them religions were made up (about the witchcraft) people were stupid back then. they did not know anything about how the world works or anything. its impossible to say some words and dance around then your cancer is healed. im sorry it doesnt work that way. also there have been TRILLIONS of people that have lived on earth. so why havent I seen TRILLIONS of Ghosts? ever realized that when someone "claims" they have seen ghosts NO ONE seen it with them and they have NO video proof of it? hmmmmmmmm.... im sorry but witchcraft isnt real,magic isnt real, etc. It was all made up just like "a God controling Water" there is no God that controls water. they just made that up because they had no explanation on how water was falling from the sky. so people that "pratice witchcraft" are doing nothing but being stupid and wasting there time on somthing that is impossible. im not a cave man. but it is fun Teepeeing peoples houses
Oh you are soooOOOOooo in for it! We have a couple (at least) practicing pagans/witches/magicians on this site that i know of! And while i'm TERRIBLY sceptical of anything that i can't sense/record or duplicate, i'm also willing to give peeps with different beliefs than mine room to experiment/believe what they want to - as long as they don't try to set up society at large according to their beliefs.

All Hallows Eve was the night tradition (celtic/anglo-saxon mainly - but i may be wrong).... that the "wall between the living and the dead" became thinner - so that spirits and "ghosts" might cross between the worlds/realms almost at will..... So people dressed as spirits or apparitions themselves..... Its now (in N. America) a time when children dress up, and walk door to door saying "TRICK OR TREAT"..... It is now considered bad manners to trick the children....... However, the occasional house does get "toilet paper'd.." (taking a roll of toilet paper, start unrolling it, hold the free end in your hand, and throwing the roll over the house, letting the roll unroll as it flys...)....

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Of course he does. Unlike yourself, he actually has experience with such things, and is not going purely on speculation and presuppositions about "the way the world works" (as if anyone really knows that to such a degree that they can exclude whole categories of reality from existence).
Deep - you know I respect you and your opinions, but I will say "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs"...... (((THIS IS JUST MY OPINION - NOT PERSONAL!!))) - "If it can't be duplicated, its suspect".....

Let the flames begin!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-31-2007, 12:04 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

i'm not praying for Dylan.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road