Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-03-2007, 02:48 PM

blueskyy is on a distinguished road
Default the next cd release, and concert?

Is it safe to assume that Alizee will do another concert tour after the release of her third cd, or has she said she will not tour anymore? I remember reading that she said the tour wore her out, and she was not interested in coming to the USA.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyy View Post
Is it safe to assume that Alizee will do another concert tour after the release of her third cd, or has she said she will not tour anymore? I remember reading that she said the tour wore her out, and she was not interested in coming to the USA.
I would expect promotional performances in conjunction with the new CD but no concert tour. I would assume that a new concert tour would preferably be made from mostly new material and one album generally doesn't provide enough. Also, the sales of the new album would be used as a litmus test for Alizée's continued marketability and it's success or failure would be used to make decisions about any future concerts. So no, don't expect any concerts if you ask me.

According to our more reliable French sources, Alizées status among fans may be as high as ever, but in the eyes of the general French public, luke warm at best. A lot rides on the success of the 3rd album with regards to any future performances/concerts/albums/etc.

Last edited by CFHollister; 02-03-2007 at 03:16 PM..
Old 02-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think CFH is right. I think Alizée could put together material for a concert, but without some assurance that she can fill those seats, no one is going to be willing to put up the capital required to put a show on the road. Look at her last concert - they produced all those souvenir items up front, and then there’s the musicians, rehearsals, lighting and tour support, dancers, props, etc. I’d hate to see her risk her own money, and it’s hard to say just how much money she put away from her career so far. Of course she could probably scale it way down and play small venues. But I think this would all be determined by the response to her comeback and sales of her new CD.

My fear is that the general French public may be less than luke-warm, they might be down right resistant. They’ve seen her come and go, and then come and go. They might be tired of it and want something new and different. It takes more than fans - it takes fans that are willing to part with their money.

That’s why I think that if all else fails for her in Europe she could still consider the USA and North America. She would be a new phenomenon here. If she could test this market with a low initial financial cost, it might be worth it. She would need English versions of her CD. She could do Letterman, Leno and maybe SNL. I’m not talking about a concert tour, just see if she can sell some CD’s here.

What are Alizée’s expectations? Is she hoping to regain superstar status? Or maybe all she wants is to sell a modest number of CD’s and do a few TV shows. I don’t know if her record company will be satisfied with that, though. I personally hope she is a bigger hit than ever, but I admit I’m very nervous about the whole thing. I believe in Alizée, but I’m just one person.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

If anyone wants a short answer. She won't be doing a concert after third album as she probably won't be having enough of songs. Also chances of coming to US are very bleak.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I believe in Alizée, but I’m just one person.
I think we all believe in Alizée... it's just I have less faith in the masses.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

You are not alone lefty
Old 02-03-2007, 11:10 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Talking Have Alizee, Will Travel

This topic has been covered before, but if she does surface for any public performance, be prepared to travel. A few of us fans here have looked into saving up for the big travel to Paris. An easy grand for most. But, Alizee is worth every penny. I hope she is comitted to eventually get back in the groove of touring, at least a limited number of cities.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I've noticed some concern as to whether Alizée would be able to perform her previous songs. Mylene belongs to SACEM, which is an organization that collects performance royalties for it's members and many, if not all of the Alizée songs are listed there. It's a simple matter of issuing them your set list and paying for the songs you will perform. I doubt if anyone would interfere with this process. After all, their purpose is to make money, not turn it down. There are similiar performing rights organizations such as ASCAP and BMI. You may notice this on your various CDs. This is the main way most songwriters get paid.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I've noticed some concern as to whether Alizée would be able to perform her previous songs. Mylene belongs to SACEM, which is an organization that collects performance royalties for it's members and many, if not all of the Alizée songs are listed there.
Where can you see the list of the songs ? I got lost on the French site...
Old 02-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Born for Liberty

Peeler19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
According to our more reliable French sources, Alizées status among fans may be as high as ever, but in the eyes of the general French public, luke warm at best. A lot rides on the success of the 3rd album with regards to any future performances/concerts/albums/etc.
I wonder to what extent is a favorably disposed public an important factor in Alizée's comeback? If the public is indeed lukewarm about Alizée now, does that mean that she used to be fairly popular with them, and that that had been vital for her success? I'm thinking here, for example, of Eminem, who is not necessarily regarded especially favorably among members of the general public but who nonetheless is quite successful. (Not to mention that Lili is infinitely more charming.)

The question, it seems to me, is whether she has retained the loyalty of old fans and is capable of recruiting new ones. On both counts, the answer is probably yes. Her fans have apparently only grown in number since she went on hiatus thanks to the availability of her old performances on the internet, which means that she has never completely disappeared from the spotlight.

I am optimistic that Alizée's new album will finally bring together all her fans--old and new--who have been waiting desperately for her return, and that this pent-up demand will play a major role in her success. At least that's what I'm really hoping.