Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-07-2012, 12:45 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
Default The Next Alizee

FINALLY !!! I think I finally found the next Alizee - she has all the characteristics in my oppinion that Alizee has.

ALIZEE EFFECT:
1-VOICE
2-ADORABLE/BEAUTY
3-LANGAUGE
4-PERSONALITY

CAROLINE COSTA, HURT
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fFhUUOjuehI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-08-2012, 02:13 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

She's very, very talented, no doubt there. And cute as Little Debbie.

So I hope this opinion doesn't make me sounds too "parental", does it? : I'm just picturing her when she was a baby in the cradle, howling the paint off the walls with those lungs. Seems like only a couple years ago, too!

MZR, my friend, mdr. You can't just say "the next Alizée" on this forum, not if there's still "the incumbent Alizée". You just can't. Next time it happens

Okay, 1) voice - great, but not amazing. Amazing for a girl her age, sure, undoubtedly, as can also be said about Susan Boyle.

2) Adorable/Beauty

(no comment)

3) Language - yes, it's good to have one. Or more than one, if you prefer.

4) Her Personality - I don't know, I hope she has a nice one. Lindsay Lohan did at that age, too, though... Showbiz can be rough.

One thing probably going for Caroline Costa is that at least she isn't trying to make it in the U.S. Here, she'd get swallowed up whole. She'd be ingested into the belly of the DisnyIckelodeon and come out the other end as Justin Timberlake. No i mean as a "new" Christina Aguilera. She'd get spat out as a sad, lonely, miserable, impoverished, has-been and... Okay, bad example, forget what I'm saying. Root for who you wanna root for.

This video did suddenly give me something a new appreciation for Mylène Farmer. If this kid doesn't get a good manager or mentor, and a really good songwriting team, she's going to have a very tough time ahead, if her singing career is to continue. For nearly four years(?), Mylène and Laurent were the ones doing those duties and more. Gotta hand it to them. [But i still so will always despise "Youpidou" however you spell it.]

Okay, MZ, take this girl away from my sight now, or I shall taunt you a second time!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:50 AM

Wow, harsh. This may be a Alizee forum, but is also a MUSIC forum, and do believe your Off Topic is considered for anything not Alizee. So you back off. Not like I was pushing this person onto you. I think this girl has a great voice and will as great as Lilly. There I said it, and I wont back down from you at all. I am not one to cause trouble, but also wont tolerate your threats.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Wow, harsh. This may be a Alizee forum, but is also a MUSIC forum, and do believe your Off Topic is considered for anything not Alizee. So you back off. Not like I was pushing this person onto you. I think this girl has a great voice and will as great as Lilly. There I said it, and I wont back down from you at all. I am not one to cause trouble, but also wont tolerate your threats.
Is this a reply to Chuck's comment, or was there one that got deleted?

Old 01-08-2012, 02:55 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Is this a reply to Chuck's comment, or was there one that got deleted?
Good question! But I'm pretty sure he's just responding to me... Please correct if I'm wrong, MZ !

And please accept my apologies. I was attempting to be funny, but I maybe overstepped.

As far as my threats go, were you worried about the flamethrower smiley? I wasn't really going to use that on anyone. Worried about my threats to "taunt you for a second time"? I'm sorry, that's a quote from a movie, not something I would ever really come back and try to do to you.

Misunderstandings? Probably. MJRacing, I joke around a lot. I can't even help it. But seriously, I don't want you or anyone here to leave because they're mad, or feel threatened or abused or ridiculed. So again, I'm sorry. As a wise guy once said:
Old 01-08-2012, 03:51 PM

It was sarcastic response to a sarcastic reply. No offense taken.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:03 PM
amateur phlebotomist

I'm glad we're more straightened out here, then, MZ! (also, sorry for accidentally writing "MJRacing" earlier, that was a typo, no dis intended)

On the other hand, I would still have to assert that NO ONE* is ever going to qualify as "the next Alizée", at least imho. This all should just be under the "other videos and clips" thread. It's like you were saying you'd discovered golden-platinum-plutonium-covered biscuits, then gave us some foil-wrapped chips ahoys! Predictable, but still a letdown.

Maybe we should have a poll about this: should the phrase "the next Alizée" be hereby banned as blasphemy? I'd vote yes!

So I'm not hating, just distancing. You can like this girl all you want, even start more new threads or your own fansite about her, feel free to do that, I encourage that. But for me it'd be like I feel about that K-pop stuff. Just not all that captivated.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

She sang a really hard song to sing and she is very talented... I think she will be the first Caroline Costa!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
She sang a really hard song to sing and she is very talented... I think she will be the first Caroline Costa!
Agree with this. I never think of anyone as the "next so-and-so".. there's only one you.

(and even if I had to pick a winner for the "next Alizee" category I'd put my money on Annily. )

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Okay. Sorry again, MZ and all. Next time, I promise I'll just say something like "nice video but not my cup of tea."

(Awwww who'm I kidding?)