Old 11-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
BBC Northern Ireland piss me off.
It's a long story.
Interesting, I was about to post something somewhat related O.o

It pisses me off that I didn't win a contest to travel to the UK and attend the recording of an episode of Top Gear
Old 11-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Almonds.

I'm tight with Marcona almonds though, those things are like little nuggets of crack and butter.

Normal almonds I just don't like.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:53 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Getting your hours cut. I only work 32 hours a week now (4 nights). So while I do enjoy having 3 days off, It gets really, really, really boring after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Almonds.
I love almonds. Especially if you dip them in Nutella. They are only the greatest nut ever, followed closely by peanuts.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post

I love almonds. Especially if you dip them in Nutella. They are only the greatest nut ever, followed closely by peanuts.
I can't really describe it... to me, almonds compared to other nuts taste like they're burnt or something.

Peanuts? 'licious.
Cashews? 'licious.
Marcona almonds? Oh good christ
Macadamia? 'licious
Almonds? I'd rather pet a cat.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I can't really describe it... to me, almonds compared to other nuts taste like they're burnt or something.
I can see where you come from, as I've heard that from other people. Compared to most, I have rather dull taste buds so it doesn't bother me; I also like grapefruit and black coffee so that burnt/bitter taste is enjoyable.

That reminds me of another thing that pisses me off:

Fancy Starbucks "coffee" drinks. If it only includes a shot of coffee, it isn't coffee, its sugar.

Coffee should be drunk black or, at the absolute most, a little cream and sugar.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Comic Book Publishers...they pi*s me off.
Just when one is really getting into a series....it's cancelled.
I'm looking at you Image!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:58 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can see where you come from, as I've heard that from other people. Compared to most, I have rather dull taste buds so it doesn't bother me; I also like grapefruit and black coffee so that burnt/bitter taste is enjoyable.

That reminds me of another thing that pisses me off:

Fancy Starbucks "coffee" drinks. If it only includes a shot of coffee, it isn't coffee, its sugar.

Coffee should be drunk black or, at the absolute most, a little cream and sugar.
Except Starbucks burns their roasts so their coffee black tastes awful. Nothin' wrong with a latte as a tasty caffeine jolt, but nothing beats a freshly ground well-done french press.

/snob
Old 12-01-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Except Starbucks burns their roasts so their coffee black tastes awful.
I just avoid Starbucks altogether. The ones near me are full of that "hip-young-college-'educated'-neo-hippie" crowd (of which I am not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Nothin' wrong with a latte as a tasty caffeine jolt, but nothing beats a freshly ground well-done french press.

/snob
I guess I should have reworded it. It's not the drinks that piss me off, it's when people call it coffee. It's not coffee, it's a sugary beverage with coffee flavoring. It would be like calling chocolate milk "chocolate milk" if they only put a drop of chocolate syrup into the mix. Coffee is meant to taste bitter. If God wanted it to taste sugary, he would have made it such.

So when I want coffee I drink it black, when I want something sugary, I'll take hot chocolate.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 12-01-2011 at 03:45 AM..
Old 12-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
I just avoid Starbucks altogether. The ones near me are full of that "hip-young-college-'educated'-neo-hippie" crowd (of which I am not).

I guess I should have reworded it. It's not the drinks that piss me off, it's when people call it coffee. It's not coffee, it's a sugary beverage with coffee flavoring. It would be like calling chocolate milk "chocolate milk" if they only put a drop of chocolate syrup into the mix. Coffee is meant to taste bitter. If God wanted it to taste sugary, he would have made it such.

So when I want coffee I drink it black, when I want something sugary, I'll take hot chocolate.

You.... you get me...

I've been known to splash some milk or some sugar in my coffee from time to time, but if it doesn't taste strongly of coffee I feel like I'm drinking the milk leftover from three bowls of Frosted Flakes.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
You.... you get me...

I've been known to splash some milk or some sugar in my coffee from time to time, but if it doesn't taste strongly of coffee I feel like I'm drinking the milk leftover from three bowls of Frosted Flakes.
Yes. Thank You. Someone under 50 that gets it. Flavored coffee, lattes, mochacrapafrapaccinoettacina whatevers in general aren't really my thing (though I am partial to a little hazelnut creamer).

That and sweet tea. Especially if it is made poorly. While I drink and make tea plain, if all a restaurant has to offer tea-wise is sweet tea, I'll take it. I went somewhere once...I swear to God it was a cup of sugar with enough water to make it aqueous. I couldn't drink it without gagging.