Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2006, 12:18 AM

droggo is on a distinguished road

I'm a personal fan of Jenifer Bartoli. I think this a particularly good duo here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...enifer+bartoli

--Droggo
Old 07-08-2006, 01:57 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I watched the video and I wasn't very impressed by the song.
I also downloaded two of Jeremy Chatelain's songs and I was surprised that they were actually half-decent. I guess you can't judge a singer by his hair cut.

I would like to see Alizée do some rock and roll. I'd pay dearly to see her perform "Walk This Way." ♥
Old 07-08-2006, 02:02 AM

scameter is on a distinguished road

I mainly like rock. Without Alizee's personality and talent, I would say that I dislike the pop genre as a whole. Except maybe Elton John, but he's quite varied. I like System of a Down tied with Alizee for number one, then Queen, then probably Staind, then Green Day, then Marilyn Manson's song Beautiful People, then Nine Inch Nail's song Hurt, then Velvet Revolver, the Doors, and so on.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:39 AM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by droggo
I'm a personal fan of Jenifer Bartoli. I think this a particularly good duo here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...enifer+bartoli

--Droggo

Yes, Jenifer performs with Ginie Line in that video at the Festival of Music 2005 in front of the Palace of Versallias. I also like the video, I posted it to Google but unfortunately they didn't let me get away with many other Jenifer videos. I've posted other videos, especially Alizee videos, under the name M16. I cut the song "Ca Va Pa Changer Le Monde" which has Alizee singing from the Les Enfoires 2002 DVD and posted it also.

I really like Jenifer also and found out about her because of downloading the video "Happy birthday Charles" that has both a very classy Alizee and Jenifer singing together. After that I kept seeing pictures of Alizee and Jenifer together at a number of events and in their personal time. Then I read that they were very good friends. But If I had to choose only one it would be you know who.

After that (discovering Jenifer) I purchased the "Les Enfoires 2001 & 2002" DVDs which Alizee participated in. Les Enfoires is an annual charity event, held in February, that helps feed the poor. Not understanding a word of French at the time, I still loved both shows. Because a number of other great French singers also participated in the show I became aware of the French pop music scene.

I've now spread my wings and am downloading many videos of their other musical artists too. To me Alizee is tops with no equal, but Jenifer comes the closest. I guess you'de have to see her concert and be exposed to her music before you liked her. But she is really good. After all, I didn't like Alizee's music when I first heard it, it was so different. After about 3 listens I loved it and have never looked back. I've found that most of my friends also had to hear Alizee's music about 3 times before starting to like it. Alizee likes Jenifer and I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you liked her too.

Last edited by cybersoil; 07-08-2006 at 08:46 AM..
Old 07-08-2006, 06:57 AM

pete2me is on a distinguished road
Default too the guys run this site

to the guys who are putting her video's on here, thank you, on the west coast we dont see her suff here, thanks again,
Old 07-10-2006, 02:14 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

You guys might get a kick out of this. I hesitate to post it here because I'm not sure that it should be under the heading 'Other artists.'

Old 07-10-2006, 02:46 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan
I watched the video and I wasn't very impressed by the song.
Well that's not a Jenifer song. It's a cover of "Tandem", written for Vanessa "Wife-of-Johnny-Depp" Paradis by the legendary Serge Gainsbourg.

Anyway, for other French artists I'd recommend Mylene, of course, and Melissa Mars... both of whom you can find out more about on this French music forum:
http://www.mf-international.com/
Old 07-20-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

I listen to G love and special sauce, Jack Johnson, Bag of Toys, Sublime, Green day, System of a down and other stuff also if you heard of Milk and Cereal thats a song by g love
Old 07-20-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm not twenty

dvtq is on a distinguished road

the corr , billy gil , prince, faith hill , Brad paisley , tim Mc graw , Ronan keating , Eminem , The rion , Lordi , Gérard Presgurvic , Jay Chou , EPIK high , jewelry , .................
Old 07-20-2006, 04:16 AM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

I also like Jenifer Bartoli, Natasha St. Pier, Lorie, Pascal Obispo, Garou, and Marilou along with other French artists.

- Cybersoil

Last edited by cybersoil; 07-20-2006 at 07:42 AM..