Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-21-2015, 04:06 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée Italia is closed!!!

Grazie a tutti voi che in questi 8 anni avete contribuito alla crescita di Alizée Italia.

Ho scelto, a malincuore, di chiudere il sito ed il forum... le ragioni della decisione sono semplici: utenti attivi drasticamente in calo, novità riguardanti la carriera musicale di Alizée assenti, minor tempo a mia disposizione da dedicare alla Community!

La mia passione per la cantante francese rimane invariata. Continuerò a seguire Alizée e a condividere con voi le news rilevanti qui ...su FB!

L'avventura continua...
Buona Estate a tutti!

Thanks to all of you who in these eight years have contributed to the growth of Alizée Italy.

I chose, reluctantly, to close the site and the forum ... the reasons for the decision are simple: users active drastically declining, news about the musical career of Alizée absent, less time available to devote to the Community!

My passion for French singer remains unchanged. Alizée will continue to follow and share with you the news relevant here on FB!

The adventure continues ...
Happy Summer to all!
Old 07-21-2015, 04:22 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

C'est la vie... many fanpages (FB, forums or sites) ended this and past year. Most of them which I know from Cinq era are closed or no more updated. People are waiting for new album, or gave it up cause the there is nothing new and can be nothing for a loooong time.

Last edited by Lucas; 07-21-2015 at 04:33 AM..
Old 07-21-2015, 09:31 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That's bad news. We see the same thing happening in AF though there are other reasons for that forums decline. We see things slowing down here. I try to do different things to keep interest up, but it's no use without news from her. I also don't think it's a case of more people following facebook and Instagram, etc. Maybe she'll be a part of DALS in some capacity this season, but that would probably just add a little more life to her fans fading interest. I'd rather see her in Les Enfoires where at least we would get to see her sing and dance and I think it would do her more good, but even with that, I think she's losing fans. Is she aware? Does it matter to her? She said she wants to sing again, but is that something she has a passion for, something she's striving for, or is it something if it doesn't happen, "C'est la vie!"? Maybe Greg can light a fire under her behind. I think he's probably more aware their careers still have time to capitalize on their DALS successes, but that window of opportunity will close soon and I believe "he" does not want to have that happen. The DALS honeymoon is over. Vacation time is here. August would be the perfect time for a wedding. Come September, it's time to get back to work, but at what????
Old 07-21-2015, 10:49 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

She's losing fans, her loyal fans... who supported her, were buying her music, were there in good and bad times. She can have thousands of fans on social sites, but without loyal fans she is out... and we know the amount of fans interested to buy her music is each year lower.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:54 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think she's losing fans.
Hi Scruffy Well, she lost me when "Blonde" came out I'm afraid. I considered her performances of that song to be bordering on pitiful. That, combined with a whole host of other lack-lustre appearances around that time, left me wanting.

I'm still enjoying French music but Alizee just doesn't cut it anymore for me. I started listening to Vanessa Paradis a while back and although I wasn't a fan of hers before I have warmed to her quite a lot. Comparing the career trajectories of these two is interesting. They both started out at a similar age but Vanessa has matured and continues to pump out some seriously good music and is also a consummate live performer - something which cannot be said for Alizee sadly IMO.

Anyway, hope you're keeping well David

Take care
Old 07-21-2015, 07:00 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's unfortunate about Alizée Italia. This may be what the future holds for the Alizée fan base if nothing new starts to happen.

Since Alizée hasn't been doing anything musically, I've been keeping up with Marina Kaye. She is constantly doing live performances, she's got a tour scheduled and her first album which was released this spring has already gone platinum. To say she is passionate about her music and performing is an understatement. Since my main interest has always been the musical side of things, it's nice to have someone to follow who has been really out there going for it.

I have no idea if Alizée will continue her musical career or not. But after watching what Marina is willing to put into it, it may be more than Alizée is willing to do at this stage in her life.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:37 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This is the first year since I discovered Alizée about 8 years ago where I've listened to other artists more than I have her. I'm desperate for something not just new, but good, with either good videos or good live performances to go with it. There's so much talent still there, but she can't find a way to bring it out.

I find myself listening mostly to songs of Les Enfoires. It's kind of funny but I find out about these great singers on that show and I go check out their own music, but it doesn't seem to equal what I experience during the L E shows. As I've said a million times probably, they pick great songs and the best singers suited for those songs.

In just about every case I try and learn the story of each song, but it looks like I'll have some down time for a few weeks starting tomorrow, so I'm hoping to learn the lyrics for of at least a few of those songs in this time. This is one reason I look forward so much, especially if nothing else is going on with Alizée, with her being in the show.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:20 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

AF is beyond help unfortunately. There is simply no activity there to speak of.

Yes, she is in a low point of her singing career. The question is, what does she want to do now? Sing? Dance? Or have babies? She finally has the type of guy she has been seeking - one who can share her love of performing. However, her confidence in her singing is at such a low point that I simply cannot guess what she will decide.

She could do more for Disney, and possibly some acting if she gets something she likes. And, of course, there is always LE if the DALS tours stop for her. Who knows, maybe they will even become the French Donny & Marie?

Last edited by Rev; 07-22-2015 at 03:23 AM..
Old 07-23-2015, 08:21 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

Alizée Italy closing is not such a big surprise. Have you seen the official Alizée website? They hardly update it and it looks more like how it was in 2014 instead of updating it with DALS news or anything else. I guess most websites are tired of Alizée producing absolutly nothing. It's a miracle this website still survives due to a few members and Alizée France beeing the only website that has a closer connection to fans.

I really wonder why AF went so freaking bad
Old 07-24-2015, 03:00 AM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

I am a little confused though as to what exactly people are expecting Alizée to do right now. The shortest period between album releases has been 15 months, and that has only happened once in her career. The average delay is a little over 2 1/3 years, and at most it's been 4 years. Not having new music right now is exactly what people should be expecting. I haven't been around long enough to know the answer, but what the heck did people do in the past every time we were in this exact same position?