Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 05-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I also think that while yes everyone knows of their relationship by now and they're not trying to "hide" it, they don't exactly want to wear it on their sleeves either, so to speak.
An understatement, if anything. They have just about the least visible relationship of any two comparably famous people I can think of. They're seldom seen together in public, or at least not photographed together, she seems to travel to Corsica regularly without him, he also travels without her. Yet he's apparently working with her on the new album, which argues against a split, as does the general lack of fireworks. (If they are split, I'm bloody envious, because none of MY break-ups have been that amicable by a long shot!) It's an odd relationship in several ways, starting with the fact that they got married in America instead of France -- what the hell was that about? Not that it's any of our business, of course.

But yeah, they don't have the kind of gooey, hearts-and-flowers relationship that would lend itself to sentimental gestures like doing duets to make people cry and get all sappy. Or, if they do, it goes on where nobody can see. We don't know what their relationship is like, and it's pretty obvious that's the way it's intended to be. And that, by itself, may be the reason why there have been no duets. If so, there probably won't be.

On a different but related subject (literally related), I was browsing through the photo gallery the other day and came across a magazine article about Alizée and Annily published when the latter was 3 months old. What struck me was that in every picture the article had, Annily's eyes were blanked out. I immediately thought of Alizée's saying several times how superstitious she is, and of the Corsican belief in the Evil Eye, and thinking that blanking out her eyes would prevent anyone from using the picture to put the Eye on Annily, since that requires eye contact. Or is disguising small children a normal practice of the French media? Can't see why it would be.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 05-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

Jeremy said in a interview that they got married on a whim so I don't think they went to America planning to come back married!
As for eye blurring thing, I doubt that the media really cares about any old Corsican belief or would take the time to research it. I think it is more likely that it is some sort of privacy law, although I don't really know for sure.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead2gold View Post
I think it is more likely that it is some sort of privacy law,
Right. Not that they have to hide the face or always do, but the magazine can be sued for each person that they publish an unauthorized picture of. So it's covering themselves legally and financially.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

These were not unauthorized pictures, though, not some paparrazzi snaps. They were photos of Alizée and Annily taken for a published article specifically about them. (Which I read to practice my French, and if you want something gooey and romantic, read that -- I practically went into sugar shock!) So there should have been no legal hassles.

No, the magazine wouldn't have cared about Corsican beliefs, but Alizée might have and what I'm saying is that hiding Annily's eyes might have been a condition of publication laid down by Alizée.

In that interview, did Jérémy say what they were doing in Las Vegas other than getting married? Or was this a "whim" that involved intercontinental plane scheduling?

Last edited by Deepwaters; 05-26-2007 at 11:10 AM..
Old 05-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
In that interview, did Jérémy say what they were doing in Las Vegas other than getting married? Or was this a "whim" that involved intercontinental plane scheduling?
I've often wondered the same thing. At what point was the "whim"? Did they fly to Vegas to get married on a whim. Or where they already in Vegas and just got married on a whim? Again, not that it's really any of our business.

Back on topic. Everyone's been making good points. It's just personally, I'd like to see one duet, sometime, if not for the album.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
These were not unauthorized pictures, though, not some paparrazzi snaps. They were photos of Alizée and Annily taken for a published article specifically about them. (Which I read to practice my French, and if you want something gooey and romantic, read that -- I practically went into sugar shock!) So there should have been no legal hassles.

No, the magazine wouldn't have cared about Corsican beliefs, but Alizée might have and what I'm saying is that hiding Annily's eyes might have been a condition of publication laid down by Alizée.

hey i want some sugar shock
where can i get it?
Old 05-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
hey i want some sugar shock
where can i get it?
It's in one of the user galleries, Garçon, I'm not sure which. Browsing through them will be enjoyable, though.

There are several pics in it, Alizée holding Annily, pushing her in a stroller (while talking on her cell phone, of course), and so on.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
These were not unauthorized pictures, though, not some paparrazzi snaps.
Quote:
There are several pics in it, Alizée holding Annily, pushing her in a stroller (while talking on her cell phone, of course), and so on.
Those are paparazzi pictures. There have been no "approved" photos of Anny-Lee, nor I doubt will there ever be.

Heck, there hasn't been anything other than paparazzi shots of Alizée period since 2004.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Heck, there hasn't been anything other than paparazzi shots of Alizée period since 2004.
Fan photos.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Fan photos.
... Lucky Bastards