Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-12-2008, 02:45 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I don't like how every A uses the fancy logo. It should only have one- either "Alizée" and "America" should share the A, only "Alizée" should have it, or you could do the large A and then "AlizéeAmerica.com" underneath but without the fancy As.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:26 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
Is this what you're going for Roman? Or splitting the URL from the larger logo (front & back)?

It's not bad. Would you stick with red or do purple?

Yeah, but the point is to have it as large as possible. Well, I did the other shirt in Purple. We'll see how that shows up. I don't know, maybe red will be the USA color since no one else has used that (that I know of) and the red does look good, though yes, I like the idea of using her official colors. So, there's the two tone purple with some white... anything else. I can't think.

@radioactiveman, well, at least I cut off the big loop for the small A's. The thing is horizontally this is more compact which allows it to be bigger on a t-shirt. In this particular design, I think the two A's look better than plain A's.

I was planning on buying this through zazzle or customink.com just for me. customink has a minimum 6 for group orders (think I've already said all this) which then has a screen printing option. That might be better quality.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-14-2008, 12:39 AM

Wow. Careful with Zazzle people. They refuse to print images of Alizée. Well, actually I ordered three or four things with images of Alizée. Not exactly sure what they canceled yet. I think it was my cool buttons. So, I wasted a lot of time creating those. It looks like here in the US we may have a real challenge promoting Alizée. Maybe we'll just need to skip Zazzle as they will not print anything with any celebrity. Real bummer.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Why not "Moi-Alizee.us"?

Did I miss a memo?

Just wondering - I think it looks good Roman.

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 05-14-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Why not "Moi-Alizee.us"?
Did I miss a memo?
Ed
Well, that works just find if one's primary concern is just promoting this web site.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-14-2008, 02:12 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why not "Moi-Alizee.us"?
AlizeeAmerica.com and Alizeeusa.com are much simpler and descriptive domains.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:15 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

It's the AMERICA part that has to get Lili's attention
Old 05-14-2008, 03:26 AM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why not "Moi-Alizee.us"?

Did I miss a memo?

Ed
tres cheers for Edcognito's post!!! Roman's idea + moi-alizee.us = win!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:53 AM

Oh, in case any of you don't realize it, alizeeamerica.com, alizeeusa.com and moi-alizee.us all go to this web site, just different domain name registrations. I guess I was in a hurry before. To answer better, since we call this web site Alizée America (abbreviated AAm) and to promote the defacto regional group that is the people living in the US, it looks better (in my opinion partly because of the ability to use the two A's) and it is clearer that one is from America by using the term Alizée America and/or AlizeeAmerica.com. It is unfortunate that that clashes with the historical use of moi-alizee.us which was a good idea at the time. No offense to all you people not from the US, but in the interest of promoting the fact of her fan base here I thought it might be nice to do that. I use alizee-forum.com as well and actually we all get information from people in other parts of the world, especially the French and recently the Mexicans; so, to acknowledge them and show off the great number of sites that have been created to celebrate Alizée I put a bunch on the back of my shirt. Many of those aren't really significant or even active sites, but I didn't want to pick and choose; so I put as many as I could find on there trying to put those insignificant ones lower and smaller.

I do wish that the world of Alizée fans could communicate and cooperate even better, but there are various reasons they don't. But, that aside, there are reasons that have nothing to do with us that Alizée's team will choose to go to a particular region or country. So, whether it's to get promotion and communication in English, not have to travel to foreign countries, get some chance to meet Alizée in person, or just for the good reason of getting better sales for her, we can choose to try to promote her here in the US. I'll admit that going to a foreign country with a shirt that says Alizée America seems to be more to let her and others know that we are interested rather than getting others here interested in her, but the above includes some reason to do that as well in my opinion. It also shows some semblance of us being able to at least show some significant interest. Ok, for me the thousands of dollars that I've spent on Alizée merchandise and the trips I've gone on should say enough, but some of us still need to do more.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

muttonchops80 is on a distinguished road

I'm darn interested in the shirt. How much we talkin'?