Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road
Post [Compilation] - ABCD of Alizée

Well, I have to post this information here in this thread about ABCD of Alizée which was found in from Alizée India Forum... well thanks to Alizée Dreamer! what an excellent Compilation

Quote:
A as in Alizée
No, this pretty name that is reminiscent of vacations and the beach isn’t a pseudonym. Passionate about sailing, her parents named her in honor of the wind of the same name. Alizée is proud of her name and is very attached to it. As for her family name, it’s Jacotey. The second single from Gourmandises, her first album, is entitled L’Alizé, and quickly became number 1 in sales with more than 500,000 copies sold.

B as in Brad Pitt
If you ask Alizée who her favorite actor is, she’ll tell you without hesitation Brad Pitt! She discovered him in Legends of the Fall and she adored him as much in Meet Joe Black as in Fight Club. She also admires Julia Roberts for her talent and her naturalness.

C as in Numbers
Alizée was born on August 21st 1984. She has 1 younger brother, Johann. She sold 800,000 copies of her first album, and in total 1.5 million singles in France. Alizée sang in front of 40,000 people for the queen of Netherlands’ birthday. She has sold more than 300,000 albums and 700,000 singles abroad. Alizée is 1.6 meters tall. More than 30 websites are dedicated to her on the Internet…

D as in Dates
Here are Alizée’s next concert dates:
Friday, December 19th
Beauvais / Elispace
Saturday December 20th
Reims / Parc des Expositions
Saturday, January 17th
Paris / Zénith

E as in School
Alizée recognizes that she misses school a bit: the ambiance with friends, the everyday routines, having class all the time, having things to revise… She even misses the teachers! But she prefers the life she has now.

F as in Mylène Farmer
Mylène is a little bit of everything in Alizée’s life. She discovered Alizée, she writes her songs, and she is her producer along with Laurent Boutonnat. At the same time, Alizée can confide in her as her best friend. Whenever she has a problem, Mylène tells her, “I’m going to give you the advice of a big sister, the advice of a friend, the advice of a mother and you choose which one you prefer…” Alizée can call her at any time of the day or night; she’ll always be there. And it’s reciprocal.

G as in Gourmandises
In November of 2000, the album Gourmandises was released and, in barely 3 months, became a platinum record with 300,000 copies sold. It’s also the title of the album’s 4th single, released August 14th 2001 in France, Switzerland and Belgium; a song that gets stuck in your head from the time you first hear it. Remixes for this single are also available on Maxi CD and Maxi vinyl. Note that Gourmandises is Alizée’s homage to the sweets that she is fond of even though she admits that the sweets that the song mentions are actually the first stirrings of love…

H as in Horror
Alizée hates snakes and spiders!

I as in International
After having conquered the hearts of the French, it was normal that the lolita tackles the world. The frontiers opened for her and her album Gourmandises, became a platinum record in three months with 300,000 copies sold, being released in several European countries, as well as in India, Canada, Russia and Japan. If Alizée was absent for a long time, during a period of 6 to 8 months, it’s because she was in other countries doing promotion for the album. And at the same time, she was preparing her second album, which also took several months. On that subject, Alizée is particularly proud of having won over the British public; that’s not just given to any French-speaking artist!

J as in J’en ai marre and J’ai pas 20 ans
Those are the two first singles from Alizée’s new album: Mes courants électriques. For those titles, Alizée feeling like pushing a little “coups de gueule”, she wanted to denounce the attitudes that she reproves, showing that she has changed, grown and matured.

L as in Look
The look of Alizée is one of her assets. Mini-skirt, boots, big belt, small colored dress, top à frou-frou [I have no idea what this is…] or tight-fitting blouse…Her freshness and her clothes, a bit sexy, have made her fans melt, in particular the guys. The young girl is stylish and claims it [not quite sure about this one either]!

M as in Mes Courants Électriques
It’s the title of Alizée’s latest album, released on March 18, 2003. As usual, the lyrics are written by Mylène Farmer and the melodies by Laurent Boutonnat. Three singles have already been released: J’en ai marre, J’ai pas 20 ans and A contre-courant (the remixes of which will be available in the future). The other titles on this album: Toc de Mac, Amélie m’a dit, C’est trop tard, Hey ! Amigo !, L’e-mail a des ailes, Youpidou, Cœur déjà pris. Through this new album, Alizée wishes to show her evolution, the passage of the young girl that she was to the woman that she becomes. She really appreciates Mylène’s lyrics and holds in high regard that they correspond to her well.

N as in Gummi Bears
Her weakness: gummi bears covered in chocolate. Alizée is also crazy about all the little jelly and multicolored candies. She can’t pass by a candy store without going inside to buy a bunch of candies.

O as in Olympia
Alizée won the bet to fulfill, from August 26th to September 4th [ugh, this phrase was hell to translate as you can see from the jumbled mess that results from it Razz], the stage of L’Olympia of Paris with a very beautiful show. She arrives on stage on a giant high-heeled shoe in reference to her new album, but also a wink to her new status of young woman. Like most singers, the stage is a real revelation for the lolita, who from now on is part of the adult world. One isn’t really a singer as long as one hasn’t encountered her audience.

P as in Parler tout bas
Less rhythmic than the ones before, Parler tout bas, the 3rd single taken from the album Gourmandises, released on April 24th, 2001, will have mixed success accordingly since Alizée’s appearances during summer vacation were a little more rare.

Q as in Indiscreet Questions
Alizée doesn’t like to be asked indiscreet questions, particularly if they concern her private life, and therefore sentimental. Like everyone, she has her secret garden and doesn’t let anyone in there.

R as in Restos du cœur
For Alizée, les Enfoirés was huge. It’s a big family and she thought that to be accepted, she had to have a big career. In fact, the artists of the Restos were very welcoming her first year singing. The young singer admits that she always recorded the shows and bought the albums. So participating in it was an honor.

S as in Success
The secret to Alizée’s success? Songs that talk about adolescence, about her doubts, and about love too… with a bit of impertinence and mischievousness. From then on, it’s impossible to escape the phenomenon that is Alizée. The TV shows fight over her. Everywhere, you see only her, her sexy little dresses, her “farmerienne” choreography… The little siren keeps stringing together the hits and the performances.

T as in Theatre
Like dancing and singing, Alizée also took theatre classes. Having fallen into the pot when she was really young, she is passionate about anything and everything that has to do with the arts. She even won a drawing contest at 11 years old and saw her masterpiece reproduced life-size on an airplane renamed “Alizée”!

U as in USA
USA, here I am! Such could be Alizée’s battle cry one day. But in the meantime before conquering the United States, she has lived one of her dreams of going to New York. For this nice little trip, she needed Mylène Farmer who knew about her wish to see the Big Apple. What’s more, is that the English recordings of her songs could let her win over the American audiences (see Y).

V as in Videos
Whether it’s on TV or on Alizée’s official site, you can admire the videos for the three singles from Mes courants électriques. As usual, there are choreographies galore.

W as in Web
Alizée surfs the Web as long as she has the time for it. She regularly consults the mail that her fans send to her via her official website and selects about twenty questions which she responds to personally. Passionate about computer science, she would have loved to become an engineer if she hadn’t become a singer.

X as in XXL
Even if you’re not familiar with songs like XXL or L’instant X, you can’t miss the signature of Mylène Farmer in Alizée’s songs. The childlike expressions (“C’est pas ma faute à moi", "Je donne ma langue au chat") as well as the "mylènien" word games remind us of Maman a tort or Plus grandir and the musical arrangements combining the keyboard and rhythm, come close to Désenchantée. Without a doubt, the redheaded singer leaves her mark on the songs of the brunette!

Y as in Youpidou
It’s about the 10th song from Alizée’s new album Mes courants électriques. Like J’en ai marre (I’m Fed Up), J’ai pas vingt ans ! (I’m Not Twenty), Amélie m’a dit (Amelie), Youpidou is one of the songs that the star recorded in English.

Z as in Zinedine Zidane
Alizée is a fan of the Marseillais of Real Madrid and the team from France. Athletic, the beauty proudly admits that she loves football (soccer)!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

WTF mate? Since when does numbers have a C in it? Jk, but seriously, C should stand for Corsica, where she is from. For E, just change school to education. N should stand for numbers, instead of C. But Im just nitpicking here, its a great list and must have taken a lot of work to put together. There are a lot of things on there I didnt even know about her. Thanks alot for posting it! BTW I love the one for U.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
WTF mate? Since when does numbers have a C in it? Jk, but seriously, C should stand for Corsica, where she is from. For E, just change school to education. N should stand for numbers, instead of C. But Im just nitpicking here, its a great list and must have taken a lot of work to put together. There are a lot of things on there I didnt even know about her. Thanks alot for posting it! BTW I love the one for U.
My guess is this list was originally written in French. C could have been "chiffre" for number. E could have been "école" for school.

Last edited by lefty12357; 07-04-2009 at 11:35 AM..
Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
well mind the word's dude! just read what i have posted and be happy... don't post anything rude... appreciate the people who have created it! from next onwards keep your words clean and post it clean seen.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:39 PM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uméesha View Post
well mind the word's dude! just read what i have posted and be happy... don't post anything rude... appreciate the people who have created it! from next onwards keep your words clean and post it clean seen.
Ummm...wow you can't detect sarcasm if it hit you in the face with a semi- truck, now can you?!

And yeah it seems it was originally written in French, I realised it when it said " E for School(école)"
But I can't seem to figure out what N originally stood for, Nutella maybe?! (Remember J'en ai marre's behind the scenes video!!)

Last edited by lilly; 07-04-2009 at 02:44 PM..
Old 07-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Sorry... It was just a joke. I do appreciate the people who posted and I didnt mean to offend anyone.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:15 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncliningPizza View Post
Nice list... well thought out... but...

Tour dates? When was this announced?
Read M and answers you shall find

<3
Old 07-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

awesome little list there! and reading A.. i've asked this before, but i haven't gotten a clear answer, how is Jacotey pronounced?

is it Ja-coat-ee? Jah-ko-tea? jah-ko-tah?

Old 07-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I believe that list comes from here:
http://www.amazon.fr/Aliz%C3%A9e-%C3...dp/2843431506/
Old 07-05-2009, 09:51 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncliningPizza View Post
Nice list... well thought out... but...

Tour dates? When was this announced?