Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking wow....perfectly said

Quote:
ORION---The start of the track is mesmerizing. . .it starts silently creeping up to your senses, and then it takes off with a strong beautiful beat. The track also has English and French lyrics . . . . what does that mean!? Hold on a sec! Because I also want to mention the fact that it is the kind of track that can EASILY be picked up in clubs!!! Remember ML!?!?! Now let's go back to the French and English lyrics thingy . . .

Pairing ^that with the sound and the catchy lyrics, and her soft voice that is seemingly picked up by the beat and becomes one, it has all the potential to be picked up in Mexico Italy, Belgium and France, the U.S and even Canada!!! THIS track is THE best thing they could've done to promote not only a new album, but a new Alizée and a new sound.

It's perfect! Well, yes there are some minor problems with the song, but that's up for bloggers and technical mags to go over . . . because as far as the public will be concerned, it will be good enough for her to make a name for herself again. One can only wonder at the rest of the . . . er . . . wonders that make up the rest of the album's tracks we have yet to listen to.

You must also understand, that for people that have forgotten about Alizée during the 4yr break, after MCE and the years over Psychédélices, THEY will have the most say in all this . . . and THEY will be the ones to bring Lili back from obscurity. They will immediately be interested in her due to the new grown-up sounds, and they will also be the ones that will spread interest tothe rest of the masses, as they play her music and it gets played on teh radio more and more.

You can ABSOLUTELY BET on it that it will get HEAVY radio time.

Mark these words folks!
Yah I was snooping around the AF for a bit...and this is what I was looking for, someone to say that this song will get played over and over....Can't wait for the album and hearing it on the radio. Oh wait, I'm in the US, nevermind then

http://www.alizee-forum.com/entry.ph...be-a-HIT.-.-.-.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:53 AM

clique is on a distinguished road

It's kind of Orion's schtick to get super excited whenever Alizée releases something new, and predict that it will be the most awesome thing ever and that everyone will love it. I seem to recall him doing the exact same thing when Psych was released.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yah I was snooping around the AF for a bit...and this is what I was looking for, someone to say that this song will get played over and over....Can't wait for the album and hearing it on the radio. Oh wait, I'm in the US, nevermind then

http://www.alizee-forum.com/entry.ph...be-a-HIT.-.-.-.
OMG OMG Orion said it so it has to be true. He says the same things over and over again about everything that comes out.

Regards,

Jung

Old 02-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Being kind to famous people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Well, what docdtv said he did isn't as bad as all that, even if... but the fact is Joseph Jacotey is himself a somewhat public figure, with his photography on display on the Internet, and he is also very proud of his daughter. So having someone write him via his public channels (which are there for that purpose) and express praise of Alizée does not constitute stalking...
Thank you Deep for the rationalization, but these guys were just chain-pulling. You can read what we all think about celebrity privacy in an extended discussion we had last year <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5177">here</a>.

For readers who aren't interested in slogging through it, let me offer the following. I've met famous people in a professional context and won't discuss that. But having lived in large cities like metro New York and Boston over long periods, I've also bumped into famous folks by accident, going about their business as we all do for the sake of necessity and pleasure. My practice has been to abstain from acknowledging them out of sympathetic pity for their situation.

As for The Daddyzée, I responded to his solicitation concerning his daughter. I would not have molested him in other contexts, save if I was interested in something he was selling or otherwise promoting, or in making such a solicitation of him myself.

Alizée's parents decided long ago to do publicity to assist their daughter, starting with the AOM contest. Her father also did a video interview for GdS. Everyone would like to eat his cake and have it too, so one imagines Alizée and her family all would prefer to have the ability to turn public attention on and off at will for their benefit and convenience. But they strike me as too sensible to ever imagine that's possible!

A lot of things which were always public were only inconveniently accessible to any but the rich, powerful or highly motivated before the rise of the Internet. We've all met ordinary people who are disturbed at how transparent so much of their public life has become because of the digital revolution. They would not have been comforted by the famous frank <a href="http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/1999/01/17538">remarks</a> of then-Sun CEO Scott McNealy a decade ago: <i>You have zero privacy anyway... get over it.</i>

The absence of personal authentication in most non-commercial Internet communications certainly provides for "plausible deniability" of attributed remarks, even absent the use of pseudonyms used with clandestine intent. (Aside: I use digital signatures and encryption for exchanging important e-mail.) For that matter, I still cannot say for sure if there is one or many persons who look like the woman identified as Alizée. In not too many years I might question whether a "public" person like that ever exists, except synthetically. Maybe that's why strangers want to touch her hand even now!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
but these guys were just chain-pulling.
Chain pulling...I think not. It's not that you messaged him, it's more what you said. It's just very creepy, just imagine someone sending you a message saying something similar about your daughter.

Regards,

Jung

Old 02-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
OMG OMG Orion said it so it has to be true. He says the same things over and over again about everything that comes out.

Regards,

Jung
hahaha....ahh well I was just saying how it was somebody that I can agree with. Cuz well....it is pretty true.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Re the thing docdtv said he said to M. Jacotey, it would be necessary to know the context of the conversation. As I said, the doc has a weird sense of humor. It's obvious to me that the words were a form of humorous self-deprecating exaggeration, and not a literal statement of truth. If that was also obvious to Jo, no harm.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-23-2010, 12:01 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Caution - Invisible Lines. (& Regards, Jung!)

We're wayyyyyyy off topic now, but I'm more inclined to agree with Jung here, Deep. For every lovely celeb out there, there are fans, and among those fans, there are always a few fans that go too far. Every year, we hear several cases about an actor, actress, musician, or whatever whose life was made into a living hell by a "devoted fan".

Some of those fans think they "love" their chosen celebs. And some start to think the celebs owe them something in return. Some start sending flowers, then hang out in a parked car across from the celeb's house. Some go and knock on the celeb's door. All of these activities (and more) are PERFECTLY LEGAL. And yet, all these activities probably only remind the targeted celebs what "devoted fans" did to John Lennon and George Harrison.

So there's a definite line between things legal and illegal. But, much closer, there's the invisible line between "creepy" and "non-creepy". Between the threatening and the non-threatening. That's where one has to be careful, because what really matters is where the celeb perceives that line to be, not the devoted fan's idea of it. Especially since some devoted fans (e.g. Mark David Chapman) may not be exactly right in the head.

Ben, Brad, Lefty, Ruro, and other wise leaders of this forum have always encouraged a maximum amount of respect for our favorite celeb. To stay a safe distance back from the "invisible line". I think that's the best policy. We don't want to make Lilly feel uncomfortable. In other words, if someone is unsure, they're probably too close. If "creepy" or "non-creepy" needs to be debated, that's too close, too.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
We're wayyyyyyy off topic now, but I'm more inclined to agree with Jung here, Deep. For every lovely celeb out there, there are fans, and among those fans, there are always a few fans that go too far. Every year, we hear several cases about an actor, actress, musician, or whatever whose life was made into a living hell by a "devoted fan".
I don't disagree with THAT. I simply disagree that this describes what docdtv was doing in his conversation with Jo Jacotey. (If I understand it correctly.) He was not trying to send messages to Alizée via her father. He was not trying to contact someone who preferred to stay private. The message he referenced was not something sent out of the blue, but was part of an ongoing conversation. There is nothing wrong with this.

You are quite correct in your description of the offense. You are incorrect, however, in thinking that that description also fits the behavior under discussion here.

Edit: It's not entirely off-topic, since we're now discussing things that could cause Her Grace to flee for les collines.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 02-23-2010 at 01:48 PM..
Old 02-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

http://www.nidalizee.com/ has reported that the promo pack for the new single has been sent out to the media today. If you go to their site you will see photos of the promo pack and its contents, including sort of a history or bio of Alizée written by Jean René Etienne.

Edit: Added pics...

Last edited by lefty12357; 02-23-2010 at 07:14 PM..