Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road
Default My point of view of this Lilly Conquest.....

Although I've been a fan since her first visit to Mexico, since that day I have read, viewed, listened, all Mexican media possible to try to understand how could a foreign non-spanish speaker artist became a phenomenon in just a few years after her famous albums were released years before. I have noticed that since that first visit her fan base and admirers vary tremendously from different ages and sexes. It's true that her popularity success is due and gived by various factors:

-Internet(YouTube)
-La Isla Bonita
-J'en ai Marre Performance (not the actual music video)
-Radio Stations
-TV shows and mentions
-Fan Promotions

Adult popularity came from Bars showing the J'en ai Marre Performance to adults (men), men then thought when Alizee did her '08 Tour she would perform in a VERY sexy and sensual way. Men then had REALLY had hopes that she would perform like those videos seen at the bars. Not wanting to know anything more about this sensual artist they most probably invited more friends to go see her, just to satisfy their sexual thoughts. After the Mex concerts this specific fan/admirers left dissapointed, and much likely not to be considered anymore "fans'

In the other hand young adults, teens, children, and others saw the Isla Bonita performance and got seduced by this carisma, talent, voice, movemnets, uniqueness that Alizee showed. this group of admirers later became fans and started those well-known Mexican forums and clubs. Later they started doing ALOT of promotions not only in Mexico City but as well as the whole Mexican Repuplic(Guadalajara, D.F., Puebla, Monterrey, etc..) Media soon noticed this great fuzz and popularity that was growing of a French POP Star in Mexican terretory, so then decided to play some of her music in radio stations, music stores after great demand brought all her albums including En Concert, TV stations made several(until this day) TV segments, mentions, showed her music videos, and other shows that showed Mexico who was this "lolita". As a consequence of this media "boom" many, many people showed great interest in her and also became fans of her.

As for why not this Alizee "pandemic" has hit Latin America, well...it's very simple...people are just starting to know about her, and those fans have not organized correctly and well enough to make her known in their country like what has happened in Mexico.

I hope this clarifies a little more to why her popularity in Mexico grew in a very fast pace. I'm not the best member here to explain this but I try to keep up to date with most of the media Mexico posts about her.

Members like Ben, Edgar, RondasX, and others would better explain this for their experiences in this movement.

Last edited by Alex; 01-11-2010 at 07:37 PM..
Old 01-11-2010, 06:56 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

mercenaries16 along with alex did a wonderful job explaining. jen ai marre is a hit in mexico followed by la isla bonita (and that is only for the latin beat) then it is the album psychedelices. only the true fans even know about gourmandieses. much of her popularity came from the fans themselves. they made hats, shirts, cd singles, cards and posters. then they went to the street and spread the word. i can only pray that her next album will spread her popularity even more.

mercenaries16, su explination fue muy buena. no appologize o excusar a su ingles. recuerde, cuanto mas hablan ingles, mejor sera.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:26 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Alizée is popular in many cultures where second language is not an inhibitor for acceptance, and the people so uninhibited are of sufficient number to reach critical fan mass.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1uDXtOTVeU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1uDXtOTVeU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking muy muy bien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Although I've been a fan since her first visit to Mexico, since that day I have read, viewed, listened, all Mexican media possible to try to understand how could a foreign non-spanish speaker artist became a phenomenon in just a few years after her famous albums were released years before. I have noticed that since that first visit her fan base and admirers vary tremendously from different ages and sexes. It's true that her popularity success is due and gived by various factors:

-Internet(YouTube)
-La Isla Bonita
-J'en ai Marre Performance (not the actual music video)
-Radio Stations
-TV shows and mentions
-Fan Promotions

Adult popularity came from Bars showing the J'en ai Marre Performance to adults (men), men then thought when Alizee did her '08 Tour she would perform in a VERY sexy and sensual way. Men then had REALLY had hopes that she would perform like those videos seen at the bars. Not wanting to know anything more about this sensual artist they most probably invited more friends to go see her, just to satisfy their sexual thoughts. After the Mex concerts this specific fan/admirers left dissapointed, and much likely not to be considered anymore "fans'

In the other hand young adults, teens, children, and others saw the Isla Bonita performance and got seduced by this carisma, talent, voice, movemnets, uniqueness that Alizee showed. this group of admirers later became fans and started those well-known Mexican forums and clubs. Later they started doing ALOT of promotions not only in Mexico City but as well as the whole Mexican Repuplic(Guadalajara, D.F., Puebla, Monterrey, etc..) Media soon noticed this great fuzz and popularity that was growing of a French POP Star in Mexican terretory, so then decided to play some of her music in radio stations, music stores after great demand brought all her albums including En Concert, TV stations made several(until this day) TV segments, mentions, showed her music videos, and other shows that showed Mexico who was this "lolita". As a consequence of this media "boom" many, many people showed great interest in her and also became fans of her.

As for why not this Alizee "pandemic" has hit Latin America, well...it's very simple...people are just starting to know about her, and those fans have not organized correctly and well enough to make her known in their country like what has happened in Mexico.

I hope this clarifies a little more to why her popularity in Mexico grew in a very fast pace. I'm not the best member here to explain this but I try to keep up to date with most of the media Mexico posts about her.

Members like Ben, Edgar, RondasX, and others would better explain this for their experiences in this movement.
Sabemos que la razón por la Alizee es una gran celebridad en México ahora!
***We now know the reason Alizee is a huge celebrity/hit in Mexico now!***

Thanks to Alex's Awesomeness
Old 01-11-2010, 10:19 PM

wolfram0790 is on a distinguished road

I agree 100% with Alex.

People over here were hooked with the JEAM performance. Some guys were dissapointed after her '08 concerts, as they were expecting the popular dance.

Most of us though got addicted to her songs, performances, and so on. I believe that having such a great beauty and intelligence helped her big-time here in Mexico. And the fact that she likes to be here makes us really happy Personally I don't think there is a single Mexican artist that can match her greatness.

Last edited by wolfram0790; 01-11-2010 at 10:23 PM..
Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

@wolfram0790, do you think people are just as excited this time around in Mexico, or do you feel some of the excitement has worn off for Alizée?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 PM

wolfram0790 is on a distinguished road

Well of course after such a long pause, she's not as popular as before. But the album news are certainly bringing in some excitement. If she'd hold a concert here soon, I'm sure it would have a great response (certainly much better than France
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I would like to point out how awesome her Mexican fans were at promoting her!

I'm sure you guys have seen it, but on youtube there are a couple of videos of her fans going around asking people to put on bumper stickers and the like. One guy was just walking around with a sign that said "Soy un fan de Alizée" or something of the like.

Got to had it to them, they all had Alizée t-shirts(which we do too now!! ), they got together, and got stuff done.

Kudos to them!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfram0790 View Post
Personally I don't think there is a single Mexican artist that can match her greatness.
Then she'll be just as great thius time around
Old 01-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Thank you everybody for so many useful details

Thank you again everybody for writing so much about this issue. I am not unhappy my theory is proven wrong, because asking questions helps produce evidence of what is true. I hope what is written here can help Alizée fans (and maybe even commercial interests aligned with her) understand how she can continue and expand her success, in Mexico and other places.

Alizée probably likes coming to Mexico for at least one reason, which she gave about a similar situation before her temporary retirement. She was asked which country, among those she visited in her first series of tours, was her favorite. Being a smart girl, she chose to answer a DIFFERENT question and not hurt the feelings of any fans. She said that she was the most PROUD to visit England, because it had been many, many years since someone had sung a French song, rather than an English song on (Top of the Pops?) there. That is why I imagine she is also very PROUD of her success in Mexico!

And I think everywhere she goes, Alizée always lets her fans there know how much she APPRECIATES their attention and affection. She is not another spoiled star who doesn't think she must work hard to succeed. I believe this makes her popular with people EVERYWHERE.

Karlalizee, even I was able to understand the Spanish you wrote to mercenaries16, and I think you are correct. But if mercenaries16 or anybody else wants to "cheat," I find the translation engine Google offers here very helpful: http://translate.google.com/ Just type in one language, and copy approximate results in another one! You can even translate a whole Web page, just by entering its address. Sadly, I could not manage at Lilly Town without it! I hope tools like Google Translate can help "pioneer" fans in "frontier" nations learn from what is written about Alizée and her career in other languages.

Tags
latin america, mexico, parler tout bas, quinceañera, quinceaños