Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

Nothing is impossible.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I hate to burst your bubble Youpidou but, and Brad can back me up, I had that idea MONTHS ago. I wrote to Regis & Kelly along with SNL and Leno to have her on as a musical guest. I should write to them again now that the album is out. There is a place online where you can request guests and musical guests. So we should all write to them and get the word out.

Actually that's a great idea !! Do you happen to have the link ??

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 01-14-2008, 02:03 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Well now this thread is moving along quite well. Maybe an analogy would help. In corporations, shareholders have a right to propose proxy statements that propose certain types of business schemes or alternatives. Similarly we have the power to write a formal request for Alizee to come to the States. That is the power that resides in a forum that includes well over 1500 members.

And if anyone thinks she couldn't be on, say, a late night show is quite possibly not realizing the potential of Alizee. I've seen some pretty poor quality musicans on late shows and Alizee is by far far superior.

She just needs the motivation and commitment - these are the only two key ingredients IMHO.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:31 AM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hi
I think we already talked about this problem, there are powerful unions in the states, they defend locals artists, I think it's basically normal but organizing a concert when you're not an american citizen is kinda mission impossible
especially when you're unknown and don't speak the language
plus the corsican community isn't important enough to promote artists
the only us place that would fit is puerto rico, for an obvious reason: there are many corsicans there, I know there are already relationships between artists
it would be interesting for you to contact corsican politicians like the mayor of san juan and ask him to organize a concert there
it could work, just gotta try
edit: just tried
well btw, here's a link that will probably make you understand the way it works in the USA
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/chart...+1-10&g=Albums
the only non english speaking ppl is andrea bocelli, where is alizée CD?
cheers

Last edited by ajaccio corsica; 01-17-2008 at 07:13 AM..
Old 01-17-2008, 09:34 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

My feeling :

1/ She just isn't what mainstream America wants.

2/ to "eat" America, you have to be really hungry. She just not have this kind of ambition.

3/ She certainly not want a Britney kind of life. (and the problems coming with this level of popularity)
Old 01-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
My feeling :

1/ She just isn't what mainstream America wants.

2/ to "eat" America, you have to be really hungry. She just not have this kind of ambition.

3/ She certainly not want a Britney kind of life. (and the problems coming with this level of popularity)
She is more mature than Britney. She has so much more potential than Britney. I think she would do well here if she start small.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
International Fan

I have to be honest about this, even though I would love for her to come here, and for all to get to know her. At the same time I kind of don't like the idea of her associating with some of our own artist. She has a lot of class, and I admire that. It might not be possible to corrupt her but what about her managers and business advisers, etc...

I wouldn't want her to become what I hate so much in American artist !! Also the media plays a big part in her decisions about coming here. She lives a very well balanced on stage off stage life. If she was to become something here, she would have to kiss all that away. Between the media and the paparazzi, they will change her private and comfortable life significantly.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I think Bigdan may be on target here. It's not that Alizée is in any danger of being corrupted or becoming another Britney Spears, it's that there are consequences to fame. She's experienced many of them, but right now her fame is manageable. She can still dress incognito and walk down a Paris street and not be recognized. She can go back to Ajaccio and live almost a normal, relaxed life.

If she were to make it big in the U.S., not only would that be impossible here, it would become impossible most places, because the impact of the American music scene around the world is so profound that American pop stars are recognized wherever they go, even by people who can't understand their lyrics. Likewise movie stars, politicians, or almost anyone else famous in this country.

Britney is personally flawed, so there's no fear Alizée would become like her, but she'd have to start traveling around with a troop of bodyguards the way Britney does just the same. I can't blame her for not wanting that.

I would like to see her albums marketed here, though. I'd like to see more Americans become aware of her existence. (Hell, I'd like to see more Americans become aware of the existence of anything outside our borders. )

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-17-2008, 11:29 AM
International Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I think Bigdan may be on target here. It's not that Alizée is in any danger of being corrupted or becoming another Britney Spears, it's that there are consequences to fame. She's experienced many of them, but right now her fame is manageable. She can still dress incognito and walk down a Paris street and not be recognized. She can go back to Ajaccio and live almost a normal, relaxed life.

If she were to make it big in the U.S., not only would that be impossible here, it would become impossible most places, because the impact of the American music scene around the world is so profound that American pop stars are recognized wherever they go, even by people who can't understand their lyrics. Likewise movie stars, politicians, or almost anyone else famous in this country.

Britney is personally flawed, so there's no fear Alizée would become like her, but she'd have to start traveling around with a troop of bodyguards the way Britney does just the same. I can't blame her for not wanting that.

I would like to see her albums marketed here, though. I'd like to see more Americans become aware of her existence. (Hell, I'd like to see more Americans become aware of the existence of anything outside our borders. )
That sounds more like what I just said, but whatever...

Old 01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Mélodie du vent...

oO°TiNkErBeLL°Oo is on a distinguished road

Or maybe just she doesn't have this ambition to be launched in the US...It could become huge and this possible popularity isn't what she expects because she loves the US and just want being anonymous when she goes there...