Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

Only just watched the videos and I thought they were great.Absolutely loved the Par Les Paupieres rendition , as my username suggests , I adore the song anyway but I thought the performance was excellent.

A much stronger showing all round from Alizee and I hope this more favourable reaction increases her confidence if , indeed , she HAS been stung by the criticism of Moscow.

LOL , that is the exact same expression my wife had when I told her I was banned from entering Russia.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:05 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly View Post
What is wrong with Alizée's production team. They don't seem to realise that brand Alizée is not just a pretty face.If you search really hard, you can find those in any industry. Its the whole damn package. Her voice, her looks/image, LB's music and Mylene provocative lyrics was what made the world sit up take notice of this french girl among X number of European Pop singers! Now she's jumping back into the common pool!
IMO, the absence of LB/MF was what made Psych so lame.
They could have atleast preserved that beautiful voice. But sadly no, their first single MJ was a song with heavy digital alterations to her voice, and thus throwing the whole Alizée 'magic' right out of the window. For God's sake, Auto-Tune/Digital Alterations are for people like Paris Hilton who can't sing for nuts! NOT ALIZEE!!
Her biggest strength is slow songs, all of her old songs never went beyond a certain speed or tempo. Psych doesn't follow the rules.
And as for the wardrobe, like somebody above mentioned it, unfortunately I think she chooses her own costumes.
You're absolutely right. Who's ever managing her doesn't have a clue and the trio of MF, LB and Alizée worked so well together in a way that is almost impossible to duplicate. You can put the best singer in the world together with the best song writer in the world and the best musician in the world. That in no way would guarantee great songs. But these three were a perfect fit for each other. The amount of great material they put together in those first few years was amazing.
I disagree somewhat about the provocative lyrics. I loved her songs long before I saw the translations of them.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:08 AM

NoHandleBars is on a distinguished road

Download the High Quality Songs from the show here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YHTNPCUL

Alot of credit also goes to Jamie as he helped alot with the process of ripping the audio from the video. The Files are ripped @ 320k.

Enjoy!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 AM

Cool Depressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par mon paupieres View Post
My god! Look at the expression on her face. Do you see one ounce of happiness there?

. .
Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

Scruffydog777 , please be careful how you use the quote option as I never said the quote that is now attributed to me in your post.

Thanks.

Also I think the look on her face is more to do with the atmosphere of the track than anything deeper.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:40 AM

Max is on a distinguished road

Scruffydog777, to understand the expression, you need to watch the video.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par mon paupieres View Post
Scruffydog777 , please be careful how you use the quote option as I never said the quote that is now attributed to me in your post.

Thanks.

Also I think the look on her face is more to do with the atmosphere of the track than anything deeper.
Sorry Par Mon. I tried to copy the picture, wasn't able to so I just quoted you and eliminated the text. Won't happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Scruffydog777, to understand the expression, you need to watch the video.
I spent most of last night watching these videos and I think the sadness in her eyes goes deeper than the mood of the song.

Last edited by Ben; 06-03-2008 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Merged. Please do not double post.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:18 PM

Gatchaman is on a distinguished road

While I kinda like the new JEAM version, I still don't understand why they need to mess with all the classic songs and musical arrangements. Why can't she keep her old stuff the same and continue to evolve with the new songs she puts out.

You don't see artists like Madonna or Janet Jackson changing their old tracks because they know that all their long time fans love the old school stuff. I have now idea what Alizee and her new crew have planned for Mexico, but I hope that they give the folks down there a much more upbeat and energetic performance. Along the same lines as her original En Concert tour.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:19 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

i watched the performances a couple days ago. gotta love em all! and i like the revised jeam
Old 06-03-2008, 02:27 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

yes - i think she's not as happy as the JEAM days probably

her own album hasn't sold millions and she's not as famous as she use to in France. I think i would be sad with this too. No matter how much you try to hide it it's going to show up in the eyes and facial expressions.

But everybody goes through tough times - Alizee just needs to keep working hard and things will get better soon than later

imho - this is off topic - but i think 50/60 should have been the first single. It's much more upbeat than MJ and it's catchier. I think album sales would have been better if this would have been the case.