Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-21-2011, 10:47 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Order of release.

Cd player in car holds six discs.

Gourmandises
Mes Courants Électriques
En Concert 2 CD's (DVD RIP) En Concert Cd
doesn't have all the songs the DVD does.
Psychédélices.
Une Enfant du Siècle
Old 12-21-2011, 11:14 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Never had a playlist. Ever since 2007 there has always been a certain phase in which I listen to some songs more often than other songs. These days I listen to Une fille difficile a lot. Somehow this song is stuck in my mind and often while walking or going down stairs I keep on humming it. Sometimes people get surprised when I those lines suddenly come out.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

C'mon guys!... playlists are your best friend!... They help you get to your destination faster, and make you never want to leave your car or wherever you are... I once got stuck in between flights to las vegas for 4 hours and I didn't care because I had my Alizée with me and it gave me enough time to listen to all of her songs about 5 - 6 times. btw ... I can NEVER get enough of La Javanaise, La Isla Bonita, Ella Elle l'a, J'ai Pas Vingt Ans, J.B.G., Moi...Lolita, & Lilly Town, just to name a few ... there are more that I can just listen to on and on all day.

It is funny how I have albums that I can listen to but then after a while I get sick of them and yet with Alizée that does not happen... I have easily surpassed the threshold of my tolerance compared to all of my other albums and songs without ever feeling the slightest feeling of being bored of her music.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:59 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Taxi Driver Arron, I just spent 19-20 hours driving 1175 miles each way between Pittsburgh and Naples Florida for a vacation between the 9th and 18th of December. Who do you think was singing to me all the way down and back?
Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I dont have a playlist, my mp3 is set up by albums, and I more or less by random start out with the album I am in mood for, or what song I seem to be into on that particular day. It seems with Alizee, her songs are so powerful, so soothing (her voice), that I tend listen to a particulers song more than once depending on my mood and time of day. If I want to read, I tend to listen to her 4th album (limelight, lee collins, etc). If I am driving, I tend to listen to Gourmadises and MES alot.

If I driving down the highway, I will play the Gourmadises album and see how many times it cycles thru before I get to myndestination. In 80 miles, I find it takes roughly 1-1/2 times thru the cd at 70mph. lol, there, I timed it out.

And yes, I hate the remixes, they just fuck up the songs.

MZ
Old 12-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I have only have 3 Alizée related playlists:

My Alizée Favorites playlist:

A Alizée + Ewa Farna playlist, and a pure Alizée playlist.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:27 AM

MasterSprtn117 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferb96 View Post
Me: Put all the albums together and then set to shuffle.
All of the songs are just equally awesome.
Ditto...
Old 12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Taxi Driver Arron, I just spent 19-20 hours driving 1175 miles each way between Pittsburgh and Naples Florida for a vacation between the 9th and 18th of December. Who do you think was singing to me all the way down and back?
hahaha .. sweet!!!!

Edit:

Wasabi,

Looks like you are creeping back up to your 6k play count on J'ai Pas Vingt Ans track, or at least the mix version.

I found an article on tweaking play counts if you are still interested in fixing it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0174403AAopvYD

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 12-22-2011 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-28-2011, 03:35 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
Remixes + Me = Not good..........................................

There are a ton of remixes out there and most of them I feel aren't very good. You'd much rather listen to the original song, but there are some very good ones out there. The JAM bubbly club remix I think is one of the best. Then there is the Lola extended remix which I used in one of my videos.
I posted one other jam one and I know there's a couple of other good ML ones. You just have to take the time to sort through a long list of them to find the good ones.

J'EN AI MARRE ! (BUBBLY CLUB REMIX)

Alizée Moi... Lolita (Lola Extended Remix)

Alizee - J'en ai marre (Soft Skin / Jam Sof Club Remix)

As for my preferred order of playing Alizee songs. I think it would be kind of deceiving to post just a straight list of songs, because there is a core group of songs that I want to listen to on a regular basis. These are the songs that after almost 5 years now of listening to her music, I never get tired of. Well actually there are times when I could use a change from these songs, but I've come to realize the only songs that could take their place are more songs by Alizee, but not just any Alizee song will do. They have to have the magic that the core group had and I think the biggest factor in the group, besides Alizee, was the music of Laurent Boutanant. He wrote some great music and it was a perfect fit for her voice. The only song that has come close to that in my opinion was the song Par les Paupieres.

As far as the core group, the order has changed over the years on several occassions. Right now the top song has to be Coeur deja pris. Very beautiful song. It didn't get the publicity that ML and JAM and so many of her other songs got, but I think it is one of her best. The chorus part just sounds awesome; very beautiful, very sad.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5yb4BYjSlDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So here is my list of that core, then the songs that follow.
Coeur deja pris
Amelie (English then French)
Tempete
L'Alize
A Contre Courant
Hey Amigo
Youpidoo (English then French)
Moi Lolita
J'en ai marre
Lou ou Toi
Gourmandises
L'e-mail a des ailes
Toc de mac
Ella Ella
J'ai pas vingt ans
Rockollection
La Isla Bonita

Then after that some of her remixes;
J'EN AI MARRE ! (BUBBLY CLUB REMIX)
Moi... Lolita (Lola Extended Remix)
J'en ai marre (Soft Skin / Jam Sof Club Remix)

Then after that;

Il Jouait Du Piano Debout
Par les paupieres
A qoui reve une jeune fille
Ce'st trop tard
Abracadabra
Veni vedi vici
Fifty sixty
Lilly town
Les Collines
Limelight
Dis lui toi que je t'aime
La Javanaise
Old 12-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As for my preferred order of playing Alizee songs. I think it would be kind of deceiving to post just a straight list of songs, because there is a core group of songs that I want to listen to on a regular basis.
I agree... most of us listen to a core group of songs and then switch it up... but as for now it is nice to see what core group of songs our list orders are in!... we can repost as they change!

As for the remixes... I get a bit anxious when I have to listen to 2 to 3 minutes of music without any lyrics to it yet... So there are few remixes that I will listen to becuase of this. But I do like some unofficial remixes and other remixes where DJs just string thing together.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v54h-DS-mIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

english version
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mE-UG4LwzMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 12-29-2011 at 01:47 AM..