Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-05-2010, 06:48 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Here is the original:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I found this translation of an interview by Cooney that took place pre MCE, where Alizée mentioned it was hard to sing and dance at the same time. The type is in red where she said it. I'll also try to find out exactly which interview it was.

Cooney
01-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Alrighty! Here's the translation. There are a couple places where I adjusted a figurative phrase to flow in English, but otherwise I think it's accurate. I'll check out the subtitle workshop thing. Once corrections have been made to the translation, I'll see about making a subtitle file. Is there a higher quality version of this clip? It's a great interview, and I love the grin she has at the end, but subtitling seems almost wasted on a low res if HQ is available.

Host: Hello
Alizée: Hello
Host: You doing well?
Alizée: Quite well, thank you.
Host: We would like to know a little bit more about you...
Alizée: Yes
Host: ...and return to your debut. So you participated in "Graines de Star"...
Alizée: Uh huh
Host: ...and there, so, what happened?
Alizée: I won the show
(Graines de Star clip)
Graines de Star clip: Stop! Alizée will defend the colors on Graines de Star next month.
Alizée: And then after that, I heard there was a casting in Paris. I heard the producers were looking for a performer. So, I sent a tape and was selected to sing "Moi... Lolita"
Host: And that, what was that like?
Alizée: (laughs) Very very impressive like... already when we arrived for the first time at the studio and... very awe-struck as well to meet Laurent Boutonnat and Mylène Farmer.
Host: Your first video? What memories stand out? Were you stunned to find yourself quite suddenly in the middle of it all, with lots of people around?
Alizée: Oh yes. It was more-than-anything awe-inspiring to be in front of the camera, acting, because really in, in... Moi Lolita, that's really acting. Laurent gave me confidence. He told me "don't worry yourself, it'll work. We can start over again and again if something is bothering you...
(Moi... Lolita clip)
Host: Do you participate in the writing of your songs, or not?
Alizée. Umm, I talk alot with Mylène about what I like doing, about my life, and about my personality. She takes it in, and tries to incorporate it all in the lyrics. And we say... we can say she made me an album that's a perfect fit.
Host: Ok. It fits you well?
Alizée: Oh yes. It's really from A to Z. It's what I am.
(L'Alizé Clip)
Host: What effect did it have to receive that first prize, you know, the M6 awards?
Alizée: I was awe-struck already just to be there... mostly the room is huge! There were five thousand people there I think.
(M6 Awards clip)
Alizée: An award from the public, it's not like when one receives, umm, some other thing. But there, given by the public, it really warmed my heart and, and we can see that, because I started to cry, so, umm..
Host: You didn't expect it?
Alizée: No, not at all
Host: Do you have some advice to give to the children and young folks who want to become singers, or dancers, and take up an artistic profession? There they are! (points at camera)
Alizée: Ok. So, in order to succeed, always you have to have willpower, uhh, huge [willpower]. Know what you want, because there are times you say to yourself "Ok, I like it... I'll do that, that'll be successful... Maybe that works, but it doesn't really make me very happy, so I have to really do what I love" and, uhh... above all, stay natural, which is very very hard.
(Parler Tout Bas clip)
Host: A day in the life of Alizée, what's it like?
Alizée: Oh la la. It starts very early in the morning. I dedicate an hour to singing, so I work, I do vocal exercises. I work on my songs, umm, and dance at the same time, because it's very hard to dance and sing at onceAnd I can have an afternoon with interviews all afternoon long, and in the evening, a television show. So, to Paris...
Host: It's packed!
Alizée: it's very very packed, yes.
Host: So then, you've stopped taking classes?
Alizée: I'm taking certain classes with an English professor. And uhh, I'm taking French classes, so uhh... One can say it's essential, what one needs in one's career, and so we'll find out later.
(L'Alizé clip)
Host: And when you have a little bit of time to relax, do you watch TV at your house?
Alizée: Yes, yes
Host: Do you watch a lot of cartoons, or no?
Alizée: Since I have my little brother, who's eleven, there too, so..., him as well, so I'm in front of the TV with him.
Host: You don't forget "M6 kid"
Alizée: Of course not
Host: Do you like R&B music a little?
Alizée: Yeah, I like it a lot, yeah
Host: Because just after our cartoons, we're going to meet Craig David in an exclusive, you'll see it, it's great. But now, I suggest we watch your cartoons. What do you think?
Alizée: I suggest we watch Kong and Cartouche
Host: Not bad. Let's go.

Last edited by Rev; 06-05-2010 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Not particularly on the subject of Alizée, but I figured posting in here would garner more views than it would in the off topic section.

How was the French Franc symbol used?

I've seen it used as "₣100", "5₣20", and "82,00₣"

So, which is the correct placement? or does it not matter?
Old 07-01-2010, 03:26 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Not particularly on the subject of Alizée, but I figured posting in here would garner more views than it would in the off topic section.

How was the French Franc symbol used?

I've seen it used as "₣100", "5₣20", and "82,00₣"

So, which is the correct placement? or does it not matter?
Yeah, that's because people want to actually talk about Alizée in the Alizée section, not off topic discussions, hence the distinction. Wikipedia

Merci Fanny
Old 07-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

A lot of times I've seen this song called "Fantasy Love" from Alizée. But I never heard anything about this song, no video about Lili singing it, nothing. I'm not sure I can belive it. Here's the video:

Is it really hers?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

No, I've heard of this. Though I can't remember the group's name, fantasy love is not Alizée's song. There are a few songs like that people mistake for hers, such as Darude Ecstasy is another I've seen. Don't believe it. I don't know how someone could be so stupid as to think it's hers if it's not on any of her albums and she never actually sang it. Where else would it be from then? You're completely right, it's not.

Edit:

Correction:
It seems that song is by an artist named Alizee, not Alizée. Guess the accent does make a difference! Well, that certainly explains the confusion. She sounds nothing like Alizée, and doesn't even have an accent. Hope this helps!

Last edited by VVVACCPLPNLY; 07-14-2010 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
No, I've heard of this. Though I can't remember the group's name, fantasy love is not Alizée's song. There are a few songs like that people mistake for hers, such as Darude Ecstasy is another I've seen. Don't believe it. I don't know how someone could be so stupid as to think it's hers if it's not on any of her albums and she never actually sang it. Where else would it be from then? You're completely right, it's not.

Edit:

Correction:
It seems that song is by an artist named Alizee, not Alizée. Guess the accent does make a difference! Well, that certainly explains the confusion. She sounds nothing like Alizée, and doesn't even have an accent. Hope this helps!

Ok, thanks
I just listened to that song yesterday after listening to A Contre-courant for half an hour and I Really noticed a difference in the voice, and that made me curious, especially because there's a failure website I know that count that song like one of her cover songs
Old 07-14-2010, 03:15 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

damn you guys have so much (too much!) threads and I can't still find the right place for my question...

ok I'm looking for the UEDS logo in HQ... thanks in advance...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 07-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Guess the accent does make a difference!
Oh hell yea, try the differences in "puta" and "púta" in a translator
Old 07-14-2010, 05:22 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I also was looking a few weeks ago to get an hq pic of the UEDS logo.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
damn you guys have so much (too much!) threads and I can't still find the right place for my question...

ok I'm looking for the UEDS logo in HQ... thanks in advance...
Quote:
I also was looking a few weeks ago to get an hq pic of the UEDS logo.
These are the highest quality that I have.

Static:

Animated:

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline