Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default When will things start kicking up?

As most of you may know, Alizée is releasing her new album early next year (most likely March considering her last album released then). Can anyone remember when little easter eggs, updates to her sites, facebook posts of her first single's title, and other things started popping up before her album release for Psych and UEDS? Was it 2, 3, even 4 months before the release? Because we haven't really heard much of what is going on so it has to make one wonder if their will be a delay like their was with UEDS.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:15 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully she'll let us know through fb!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I remember seeing those mysterious teasers with the "creepy carnival" music popping up, the promos for UEdS, as early as maybe November 2009. Maybe give or take a month or two. Within the span of a few weeks more of them appeared, people were digging around her website for "clues", etc because if I remember correctly we'd been told that the album would be "very different" from her previous releases but not much more information had been given out. And it did indeed seem all very strange and new. The suspense was painful! Haha. Good times.

Here's a thread from '09 mentioning those early promotional images and later on the teasers: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5151

Although, there was a lot of talk after about the fact that the album had been poorly promoted and that the promotional build-up (hiding videos in the alizee-officiel source code, etc) was weak and made the actual release of the album anticlimactic. It was all very thrilling for us but I guess it failed to reach the masses the way TV spots a la Psyche did.

Hopefully she doesn't model this album's promotion after UEdS in any way and finds a more effective method of building up hype! She's got plenty of that over here already though, hahaha.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 12-05-2011, 03:48 AM

AZHIRIZ! I ruv your responsh and it reary herped! But really, thanks for all the info I needed and hopefully things kick up this December!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:21 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I'm sure one thing that will take a big chunk out of her schedule is Les Enfoires. They have 7 shows scheduled in 6 days. I wonder if they send the singers copies of the songs they'll be singing beforehand, so they'll hopefully know them by show time. It's something that even though most of them enjoy doing the show, not to mention it's great publicity, it still must be some what of an ordeal for them, so I'd expect Alizee would want to take about a week off afterwards. So as far as when the album will be finished, I would think late spring would be a more realistic date.

I would think she probably started working on it in earnest in early september after Annily went back to school. So that't about 3 months now, though she has been sort of busy in that time frame too, I would think she's made some good progress, so we should see some type of teaser soon and it will be exactly that..........a teaser.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Hehe, no problem Aaron.

I just realized it's due in spring! And it's already December. Yes, hopefully we get SOMETHING soon.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Mademoiselle Juliette premiered on the radio on 9/27/07, which was also the first promotional anything for Psychedelices, which released in early December, a bit over 2 months later. This was also unique circumstances though, since she hadn't done anything music-related in 3 years.

Also, she just got back on twitter
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

If she is in LE this year, it would make sense for her to launch the first single around the same time, and then follow it up with the album release. All the people seeing her there will have been reminded how good she is, so some of the hype will be "free." Therefore, a Spring 2012 album release (possibly even early Spring) makes sense.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Also, she just got back on twitter
yeah I think she saw this thread and remembered that it was that time of year to start feeding our addictions by building l'suspense! Hahaha.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

YES. When are the promotions for the new album starting?! It'll give me a reason to be back here more often!

Also, Alizée needs to get on top of this. Like, full on straddle and mount the promotional effort. The promotionals for UEDS were quite frankly abysmal. The only reason I think it excited any of us was purely because it was Alizée. But otherwise.. pretty bad.

(And please.. for the love of puppies and kit kat bars, let this new album be more like Psychedelices/MCE! Anything but UEDS!)