Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 12-28-2008, 02:59 PM
he eats the fish

i_luv_alizee is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusion. Of course we would all like to see her here in America. But until she is signed to a US label and actually releases something here, that's not going to happen. Concerts & tours are part of promotion. But when there's nothing to promote then what's the point? Pfft! Look at how many popstars release music in America but still don't ever tour here.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:27 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_luv_alizee View Post
I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusion. Of course we would all like to see her here in America. But until she is signed to a US label and actually releases something here, that's not going to happen. Concerts & tours are part of promotion. But when there's nothing to promote then what's the point? Pfft! Look at how many popstars release music in America but still don't ever tour here.
Well, any time they have an album it can be promoted. There are still copies to buy right? Promotion is when Alizée decides it is. Besides, concerts are to make money for the performer in which case, as was the case originally, the album serves to promote the concert not the other way around.
Having said that, you are probably right. She'll have to either try to be a performer and make performances happen (somewhere) or her fans will have to throw away the rule book, become a monster of a force, grow their numbers and create a great outcry (or so I figure having seen what happened in Mexico).

What do I know? Nothing. Just common sense. It's not impossible, but the will must come from somewhere, not just wishes.

But yeah, it's fun to talk about wishes for a time. We did lots of that back in the day (2007) and there have always been a few people who did a little promotion, some of them successfully. Was anyone really jumping to conclusions?

Merci Fanny

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour