Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

OK, im a bit perplexed...does Alizee Understand English and she's responding in French? And if she understands it, why doesn't she respond in English. Or does she have an ear piece where someone is translating for her from English to French.

I never understood how that worked. ....I love how she say's Julia Roberts in the end..very cute

Last edited by JCC; 08-08-2007 at 09:53 PM..
Old 08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

I think she may understand it, but is more comfortable speaking in her native tongue. At least I have seen this in some people so it's only a guess. She is very cute in the interview though I love it. She was young in it so I'm kinda wondering myself if she knew english well enough to understand what the interviewer was asking.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

This is late in the Gourmandises period, so her English would have been limited. OTOH, the interviewer was speaking slowly and the questions weren't very complicated. She might have understood.

The dub-over was a little annoying. I could only hear the first part of what she was saying in each answer.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-08-2007, 11:03 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Whoa..this was totally new to me! Thx for posting...Bookmarked it to my Utube account!!! . She's so cute...!

EDIT: Who's Vanessa Parradie(?)..the interviewer says that in the beginning.
Vanessa Paradis is a French singer who had a very early career (like she started at 14), dated Lenny Kravitz for a while, then she settled down with Johnny Depp and dropped out of the public eye. Sounds like she's coming back though. As you can see from the wikipedia article, her career arc has many similarities to Alizee's at the beginning, thus the comparison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanessa_Paradis
Old 08-09-2007, 12:52 AM

mibir is on a distinguished road

Maybe she was briefed about what questions would be asked ahead of time, maybe the interview was edited a bit, who knows. But I don't believe her English was good enough at that point to fully understand all those questions, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, thanks for sharing Brad, first time I've seen it.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:15 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibir View Post
Maybe she was briefed about what questions would be asked ahead of time, maybe the interview was edited a bit, who knows. But I don't believe her English was good enough at that point to fully understand all those questions, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, thanks for sharing Brad, first time I've seen it.
I'm guessing that they had an interpreter interpret the questions, and then they cut the interpreter out. Probably roughly the same happened with the responses (although I wonder if the interpreter waited until she finished her response to translate it into English for the interviewer). Presumably the voicing-over was done later. I know Deepwaters expressed a dislike for the voiceover, but I suppose it can't really be helped since this was an interview for English-language TV.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

I have seen this video before, but thanks anyway Brad. I tend to agree with mibir and fsquared, the odds are they merely cut out the intrepreter. No one wants to sit and watch an interview where most of the talking between the two is through a middle-man.
It's funny, though, how she was asked nearly the exact same questions in all her short interviews. You get the same answers ever time. At least she was consistent .

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:17 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
how have i never seen this video before???

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZTPGVrKIU0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZTPGVrKIU0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Ok, I've never seen this either.... Thanks for sharing Brad".

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 08-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah good point mibir didn't think about that they could just edit the video, that is prolly what they did.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Just about every answer she gives they cut to another camera, thus giving them a spot to edit. I noticed 2 or 3 spots where I think she responded to the English question without a cut, but they were pretty simple to understand, I think.