Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 06:02 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Don't sell Alizée ... sell broken stuff.. or garage sale -like items. Such as an old keyboard, calculator, cd player, boom box, ornament, dvd, books, picture frames, old toys, shoes, etc. Anything... get motivated! go out and do yard work or wash some cars in the neighborhood. do a bake sale... make cookies or lemonade or whatever food is popular in your area and sell it for a fund raiser.

If you are motivated enough, the money is there.
Sorry for destroying your dream, but this is not America, but Europe

Old 07-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
Sorry for destroying your dream, but this is not America, but Europe
You get the idea. It shouldn't matter where you are. It is called hustlin!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:14 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
it should matter, cause what you wrote typical for US, but not city in Europe... here you never saw someone wash others car

Old 07-15-2012, 06:23 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yea we got the idea, but seriously, none of the things you wrote above would work here, no matter how hard you try, nothing would work.
People don't buy old broken stuff, because there is soo many new things in stores so no one bothers with old stuff. People don't even let you to wash their cars, because they can just wash it themselfs. Cookies and lemonade... well, let's say if someone knocked on my door and tried to sell me some cookies it would be quite weird and I'd never buy anything from someone who just knocked on my door.

This is different world, it works completely different way... don't try to understand, we don't try to understand your world either

Last edited by Jordy; 07-15-2012 at 06:41 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 08:14 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

I really hope this works out. I missed getting one last time and I can't go myself.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
Yea we got the idea, but seriously, none of the things you wrote above would work here, no matter how hard you try, nothing would work.
People don't buy old broken stuff, because there is soo many new things in stores so no one bothers with old stuff. People don't even let you to wash their cars, because they can just wash it themselfs. Cookies and lemonade... well, let's say if someone knocked on my door and tried to sell me some cookies it would be quite weird and I'd never buy anything from someone who just knocked on my door.

This is different world, it works completely different way... don't try to understand, we don't try to understand your world either
Well let me try to explain a bit.

Car washes are generally an event to raise money for some sort of charity, not to get money for personal reasons. You can see in the following photo why a person might be motivated to allow someone else to wash their car.

Lemonade and cookie stand. Something that little kids do on a hot, summer's day in their front yards. It's a throwback from many years ago and something I don't see often. I don't know if these kids ever make any money. Not a good plan for raising money for an Alizée CD.

So you see, these things are real in America, but they are not something you would do to raise money for a CD.

Sorry for the somewhat off topic post, but I felt the need to clarify.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
devotée d'Alizée

stephenfalken is on a distinguished road

OK, put me down for a CD. Here's the message I need on it:

Amour de ma vie,
La nuit derniere a ete magnifique!
Je t'aime,
Lili

=---------------=

But seriously....

My two cents: I'd think that since last time was a success with Virgin, we'd have to expect that it only increased the credibility of Alizee America. As far as her music goes, the United States is a nation of 300 million underconsumers, and the PR of a move like that is like falling off a log for Sony. They don't even have to pay anyone except Our Lady of Awesome - for travel, employees, anything. My guess is that it will be up to Alizée herself whether she wants to sign all those discs. Wouldn't that be great? Of course, we could always just contact Sony directly.

Speaking of Sony directly, I went to http://www.sonymusic.fr/ to click around, and found some behind-the-scenes pix I'd never seen before. Just scroll down a bit on left. Sorry if this is a repost but I don't have time to read every page of every thread. Ahem.

Last edited by stephenfalken; 07-16-2012 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 PM

Vil is on a distinguished road

Hello all, I've been on this forum for some time after discovering Alizee back in 2008

Regarding this CD signing, I missed the last one unfortunately and would like to take part in this one, and help out in any way I can.

I've been to France before (summer 2010) and have even gone to that Virgin Megastore in Paris. I can see why it's closing down lol the prices in there were just too expensive, even for domestic music releases. I think I paid around 35 euros for the Alizee En Concert DVD.

There is a very good chance I could go to France with the group (would say around 80%). The deciding factor would be the timing, and I know you guys haven't gotten that far with planning.

I'm soo excited for this new album release! Even though UEDS was a commercial failure, it remains one of my favorite albums I can't stop playing her new single either >_< lol
Old 07-17-2012, 02:05 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In my side of the country (washington state) you guys can go work in the fields to get some extra money. haha. I went for a day and decided that I'd rather not go back.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

tl;dr

Have there been any official talk about an signing session apart from/after Alizée's wish to have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
I will not have money... so

<3
Closed Thread