Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
...it's also a matter of personal health. I don't want to crush your hopes and dreams, really I don't, but it can't be good for you to be so fixated on a fantasy.
Well it isn't like this is all I do. I have the normal life of a 17 year old, just instead of spending all my spare time on games, I am on here, looking for new pictures :P
Old 12-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillmeether View Post
Well the thing is, One night, about 3 years ago, I had a dream about a woman with long dark hair, and All i remember is that I kept telling her over and over that I loved her(weird dream) She had a very specific tattoo on her back, and I find it more that coincidental that a year later I found Alizee. The tattoo was there but her hair was off. So 2 years after that, when she grew her hair out, it looks exactly like I remember in my dream. So I'm more than convinced, and also a little freaked to be honest :/
I had a similar experience. It's a magical phenomenon. The problem is understanding what it means. So let me tell you about mine.

This goes back to when I was younger than you are, which means it was years before Alizée was even born. I saw visions of a woman's face, and a sense that this was someone very important to me. I put a lot of this into my novel The Stairway to Nowhere. Correl's description of his visions of Dolphin that helped guide his growth is much like my own visions, and in fact his feelings for Dolphin are not unlike my feelings for Alizée -- even though in many ways he is not me.

I was never able to find a real woman to correspond with the visions (naturally enough, since there was none -- yet), and so I decided (incorrectly!) that she was some sort of archetype, an image of the Goddess, or of my own intuitive femininity.

Many years later (2003-2006) I went through a crushing, terrible depression as a result of a failed relationship. I was unable to write for those years. In December 2006, I stumbled on a video of Alizée in a JEAM performance, and recognized her immediately as the woman of my visions. Interaction part musical, part telepathic brought me out of my depression. It's no exaggeration to say that Alizée saved my art. She may have saved my life.

To this day, I still feel a very strong connection with her, as well as enormous gratitude. I'm on her side for life. I don't feel I could ever repay what she did for me. Whatever I can give her, I will -- personal support, criticism, the occasional teasing. (Hey, someone has to do it. )

But what does all this mean? Does it mean we're going to be lovers? Very unlikely IMO. (No offense intended, Your Grace. ) Does it mean we're going to be friends? Well, in a way we already are, and we've had some interactions, but it's not an easy hanging-out go-for-a-beer kind of friendship and it may never be. I have never met Alizée in person, and yet I can say that the promise of my visions has already been realized. Important to me? I am reminded of that with every word I write, every book I publish. So the visions are true even if I never do meet her in person. I'm happy with what we have now.

It's important not to try to bind the magic into too narrow a compass. It is what it is, not what you would have it be.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 12-15-2010 at 11:05 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I went through a crushing, terrible depression as a result of a failed relationship.
Yeah, Once or twice I've been in an extremely depressing state. It's hard to explain how it happened, but in those moments, I had all of my wits with me. I could think incredibly clearly, and came up with one hell of a case for why living is completely pointless. I couldn't get my thoughts to stop, and eventually I ended up with a noose tied around my neck. Thank God, because He most definately took over my actions, because I ended up back by my bed. I actually dont remember getting up or walking back.

Believe it or not, That story actually had a purpose. It seems like the more you love something there's an equally depressing state to follow it. That being said, I am honestly afraid of coming out of this Lili craze. Which is the reason for my rebuttal. I can't really tell you not to express your oppinion, but try to go softer.
Like, does that make sense?

Last edited by Iwillmeether; 12-15-2010 at 06:55 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It seems like the more you love something there's an equally depressing state to follow it. That being said, I am honestly afraid of coming out of this Lili craze.
Don't be. That dream meant something real. Just don't assume precisely what real thing it meant. You aren't necessarily supposed to meet her in person.

I'll have more to say, but I'll say it in a PM.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 12-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I had a similar experience. It's a magical phenomenon. The problem is understanding what it means. So let me tell you about mine.

This goes back to when I was younger than you are, which means it was years before Alizée was even born. I saw visions of a woman's face, and a sense that this was someone very important to me. I put a lot of this into my novel The Stairway to Nowhere. Correl's description of his visions of Dolphin that helped guide his growth is much like my own visions, and in fact his feelings for Dolphin are not unlike my feelings for Alizée -- even though in many ways he is not me.

I was never able to find a real woman to correspond with the visions (naturally enough, since there was none -- yet), and so I decided (incorrectly!) that she was some sort of archetype, an image of the Goddess, or of my own intuitive femininity.

Many years later (2003-2006) I went through a crushing, terrible depression as a result of a failed relationship. I was unable to write for those years. In December 2006, I stumbled on a video of Alizée in a JEAM performance, and recognized her immediately as the woman of my visions. Interaction part musical, part telepathic brought me out of my depression. It's no exaggeration to say that Alizée saved my art. She may have saved my life.

To this day, I still feel a very strong connection with her, as well as enormous gratitude. I'm on her side for life. I don't feel I could ever repay what she did for me. Whatever I can give her, I will -- personal support, criticism, the occasional teasing. (Hey, someone has to do it. )

But what does all this mean? Does it mean we're going to be lovers? Very unlikely IMO. (No offense intended, Your Grace. ) Does it mean we're going to be friends? Well, in a way we already are, and we've had some interactions, but it's not an easy hanging-out go-for-a-beer kind of friendship and it may never be. I have never met Alizée in person, and yet I can say that the promise of my visions has already been realized. Important to me? I am reminded of that with every word I write, every book I publish. So the visions are true even if I never do meet her in person. I'm happy with what we have now.

It's important not to try to bind the magic into too narrow a compass. It is what it is, not what you would have it be.
That is a wonderful and touching story.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 12-16-2010, 12:03 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It seems like the more you love something there's an equally depressing state to follow it.
Sadly, so so true. The higher the highs, the lower the lows. Whenever I get into a massive depression over something (or more often, someone) I just listen to Alizée and Mylène's music for hours and hours on end. They're two people I can always count on to make me happy and put me in a good mood.

Tags
14 décembre ueds