Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-09-2006, 01:01 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road
Default British or French accent; what sounds sexier?

I love the british and french accent, both sound awesome to me. It's really tough to pick the best but if I was stranded on a deserted island and had a choice of which accent i was gonna hear for the next ten years from a woman... I think I would pick the british accent, surprise.

Of course if Alizee was in the option of who to hear for the next ten years, it would be french, lol

If you think about it, french doesn't really have an accent like the way the british speak english and sound to us americans, its more of just the way french sounds, french flows and sounds cool I could be way off in saying french doesn't really have an accent, I don't really know.

British women sound very sexy. Like the british accent being used by the female narrator in the Passengers video of Alizee, the video where she is wearing that black beret. She sounds awesome in that video

In France, can you tell what region of france someone lives in by the way they speak french? Here in usa, you know someone is from down South or east coast by the way they talk.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 AM

maareek is on a distinguished road

I just spent like a full minute in awe as Alizée, in your gif, was hitting the cymbals in time with Danny Carey in this version of Stinkfist I'm listening to. Has nothing to do with the topic, but I'm still dumbfounded at this point...I think I'm gonna keep this song on loop for awhile and just enjoy it.

Erm...on to the topic. I'm pretty sure there's different accents in different parts of France (I would extremely surprised if this wasn't found in every single language on the planet, slight variations in pronunciation and word usage in different regions just seems like it would apply everywhere).

As to whether I prefer a French or a British accent...it's kind of a hard choice as most of the French accents I've heard were speaking French. The one lady I knew pretty well who was French and still had a very pronounced accent makes it very hard to go against the French accent.

And it really depends on the area the British woman was from, as some region's dialects are quite annoying to listen to while others are completely intoxicating. And then you have to take into account the woman herself (I could listen to Keira Knightley talk all day, but I think I'd have to plug my ears listening to someone else using that dialect). So I'm gonna cop out and not answer and go back to watching this gif. ;p

My favorite all time accent would probably be a woman with a slight (slight, mind you) Georgia drawl. Southern belle, God I'm such a redneck.

Last edited by maareek; 11-09-2006 at 01:20 AM..
Old 11-09-2006, 01:34 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

I definitely would have said British three years ago. But I never really listened to a French woman speaking before then. The first time I really heard a French woman speaking French was Alizée's Fun TV interview.

I was completely hypnotized by her, so I would have to say French. I really enjoy listening to Lili speak in English with her accent too. I would love to hear her interviewed in English, even if she isn't that fluent.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I definitely would have said British three years ago. But I never really listened to a French woman speaking before then. The first time I really heard a French woman speaking French was Alizée's Fun TV interview.

I was completely hypnotized by her, so I would have to say French. I really enjoy listening to Lili speak in English with her accent too. I would love to hear her interviewed in English, even if she isn't that fluent.
me too i prefer the french and american accent over the british accent and i prefer the french language over English.

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 11-09-2006, 02:46 AM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Apples and Oranges...

It depends on the person...

(unless shes got some really annoying accent, ie. a german screaming in your ear)
Old 11-09-2006, 02:51 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

There are definitely differences in accent between different parts of France. What most American schools teach is "Parisien" french - the French sound you'll hear in and around Paris. There are plenty of others (though I don't pretend to recognize them myself), which one can pick up on in interviews and films.

As for my personal preference, I'd have to go with a French accent. I do like some British accents (but not all!), but I prefer the French.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:10 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

Alizée wins everytime as far as cuteness goes, but for everyone else:

Aussie girls

/thread
Old 11-09-2006, 05:57 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

i have to say ive always hated the british accent. them with their 'oh im sooo proper and well-mannered with my british accent' attitude. then i saw that movie 'Snatch' and that all changed. but i still hate it

but overall, ive always loved the french accent, either speaking french or english. that would be cute as having Alizee attempt to do an interview in english..lol
Old 11-09-2006, 06:38 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Other than her songs, how many recordings do we have of her speaking in English? The only things that come to mind are her citing the names of her 4 English tracks from MCE in the FunTV interview, and saying "Thank you, thank you very much" at the British Top of the Pops performance.

I'm not suggesting she should be speaking in English, I'm just curious. I love hearing her, and am interested to know if she has conversational level knowledge or not. Most Europeans are far better at foreign languages than Americans are (as demonstrated by many of the Europeans on these boards!).
Old 11-09-2006, 07:04 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I love Alizée's French accent, and I would prefer it if women speak with that type of french accent.

For men, I prefer a british accent, but not too cockney or heavy, more like the Beatles had.