Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-16-2007, 07:36 PM

Moe is on a distinguished road

Alizée

Old 02-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I'd have to agree with ProjectJh, Neal Morse can do it all. I prefer his work with Spock's Beard and Transatlantic, though. John Petrucci from Dream Theater is one of my favorite guitar players. I think Alizée considers herself a singer only, not a musician. I don't think she plays any instruments, at least not seriously.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:01 PM

badog7 is on a distinguished road

Oui. D'accord avec Lefty re muso- dont know Morse at all- but Mylene is not a musician either- Laurent B is the muso.. n'est pas?
My fav is Jimi Hendrix coz i play la guitare and hes my hero (!) like Alizee he made the most of an average voice..and nobody comes close to his virtuosity..
Aussi, I agree with rocket about Eric Clapton- he is the greatest living blues guitarist in the world today and a great singer- I saw him last week in Sydney and he and his band were fantastique! And he played a cover of Liitle Wing in tribute to Hendrix- it was superbe!
Vive Alizee
Old 02-16-2007, 09:14 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Kurt Cobain - or as that smartass TurinSZ would say, Kurt Cokain. yeah we all know he was addicted to cocaine and thats most likely where he got his musical talent from, and ultimately why he went crazy and shot himself in the head. that, and the fact that he was married to Courtney Love, but hey he was still an excellent musician.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Music Machine from the University of Iowa. Not a bad musician for a non-human.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qUDLSsSrrRA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qUDLSsSrrRA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 02-17-2007, 08:51 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurinSZ View Post
Mylene Farmer
Wasn't it Paco de Lucia?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badog7 View Post
Oui. D'accord avec Lefty re muso- dont know Morse at all- but Mylene is not a musician either- Laurent B is the muso.. n'est pas?
My fav is Jimi Hendrix coz i play la guitare and hes my hero (!) like Alizee he made the most of an average voice..and nobody comes close to his virtuosity..
Aussi, I agree with rocket about Eric Clapton- he is the greatest living blues guitarist in the world today and a great singer- I saw him last week in Sydney and he and his band were fantastique! And he played a cover of Liitle Wing in tribute to Hendrix- it was superbe!
Vive Alizee
1. You imply Alizée has an average voice! :O
2. You're from Sydney? Me too!
3. The way you put bits of french into your english sentences is annoying haha, but don't stop on the account of me, practice makes perfect eh?

Musician... I tend to think is one who can play music with an instrument. That being said, pity I cannot remember the name, it was an electric guitar player who played in a very unorthodox manner. He'd turn it to the side and play it like a keyboard. No pluck, no flicking. His timing was so great that he'd tap the strings and produce what a pluck would. I found it incredible.

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 02-17-2007, 10:53 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

^^^ Erik Mongrain?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-BN8bVNNsZc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-BN8bVNNsZc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 02-17-2007, 11:10 AM

Omikron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
Paul Stanley is my second favourite vocalist behind Rob Halford of Judas Priest. Gene Simmons is my favourite musician, beating out my other heroes Stanley, Halford, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, and Scott Ian of Anthrax.
Simmons is my fav character but my fav musician title goes to Trent Reznor.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I can see what ProjectJh is talking about. Don't get be wrong, I adore Alizée, but I don't really think of her as a "musician" as such.; for that I usually think of composers, songwriters, and performers of musical instruments. Since Alizée hasn't writen her own music or lyrics, I really think of her more as performer than a musician. Still I adore Alizée not only for her skills as a performer, but for her other attributes as a person. Anway, long disclaimer over.

My favorite musician?... That's a tough one. I'm not really sure if I can really narrow it down, especially for composers. Although I haven't heard too much of his music, my favorite piece of intrumental music ever writen was writen by Aram Khachaturian (Gayane Ballet Suite, Adagio). If we're talking singers, my hands-down favorite is Freddie Mercury... that's right. As for as non-classical genres go, I really believe he has the best/most dynamic voice of anyone who's ever lived.