Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 05-02-2007, 12:37 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
This is starting to look like more and more of a reality.

cool picture rocket i need that MAg for my shrine to Alizee to bad we don't have a sneaky emoticon.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:41 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhehe View Post
cool picture rocket i need that MAg for my shrine to Alizee to bad we don't have a sneaky emoticon.
what's a emoticon?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:46 PM

Pirate515 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They say that opportunity knocks once. Alizee had the chance to make it in America. For some reason Mylene made the decision not to do so.
I'm not even sure if it was Mylene's decision not to promote Alizee here in the US. In fact, I'm sure that the idea of it has crossed Mylene's mind, and she would have at least tried to make it a reality if she could. It could have been Alizee herself who wanted to stay away form the American market; after all, she was once asked about it in an interview and answered by comparing herself to Britney and how she jumps between different corners of the world on a daily basis and how that kind of lifestyle is just not for her. Or it could have been Polydor/Universal who did not want to promote Alizee here.

And when it comes to Alizee, I don't agree with the "opportunity knocks once" comment and I don't think that Alizee has blown her chance to make it here just yet. Musicians have their highs and lows, and that gives them plenty of second chances. So what if her first two albums are pretty much unknown here? She has a third one on the way and if it drives her back to the top of the charts in Europe, it just might generate enough buzz for her to get noticed here.

Quote:
We can make an argument about America turning our noses up at French singers. But, as it has been proven before, it's all in how you promote it.
In my opinion, this exactly is the problem with the American music industry. They keep promoting the artists of their choice (most of whom suck), and the public falls for it. If the promotion machine says that a certain artist is the next best thing, they buy into it and think the same thing too.

Surely, we can organize a collective effort and convince some marketing executives at a major US-based record label about how great Alizee is and get them to promote her all over the media. The next thing you know is that Alizee will be all over radio, TV, magazines and the Internet and her album sales will go through the roof. But what's the fun in that? Personally, I'd rather see the American public like Alizee for her music and for the kind of person that she is, not because some promoters say so.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It’s hard to say why Alizée didn’t want to come to the USA other than the reasons she gave, and that’s probably all there is to it. It’s possible she may have also seen the USA as a strange, huge and intimidating place where failure was a possibility. Maybe her managers helped to put negative ideas in her head for fear of loosing control of her or maybe they were genuinely concerned for her well-being.

I personally think Alizée can handle the USA just fine if she wants to. Who knows how successful she can be here. With 300 million people in this market though, not counting Canada and Mexico, she only has to win over a small percentage of people to still sell quite a few CD’s. Many others have come to the USA and been successful.

The American music industry has gotten in the habit of putting out a lot of cookie-cutter music and it’s time for something new and different. Promotion starts with how well Alizée promotes herself and her image to the American music industry. She has to win over the gate keepers first, with little or no compromising on her part. I’m sure she’s tough enough to just walk away if she has to. Once (or if) the American music industry starts promoting her to the public the way she wants it done, she might just have it made.

I’d like to see her give it a shot, but only if it’s what she wants. First things first, though. We'll have to see how her new CD goes over in France and Europe.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:52 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
what's a emoticon?
these are all examples of emoticons.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:06 PM

razz is on a distinguished road

i hope so, but i want her not to be like britney
Old 05-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Won't ever happen *knocks on wood*
Old 07-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
Won't ever happen *knocks on wood*
Oh man you are not sure of it? gosh!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Doesn't Madonna hold that title?

Last edited by Tchaikovsky; 07-26-2010 at 06:28 PM..