Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Hello, everyone! I've been waiting for the chance to participate in your discussion. I just couldn't find the right moment.....until today. I've joined this forum about three months ago. Although, I've been visiting this site and reading the forums regularly since I started listening/watching Alizee about almost a year ago. Just like most of you, I discovered Alizee through Youtube (Thank God for Youtube and the internet!). I think it was the world famous elf dance in the sailor outfit that made me download her stuff. I actually downloaded a lot of her stuff a long time ago without even watching them. Even though she was super hot on that video, it wasn't enough for me to get hooked on her. It took me several more months before I looked her up again on Youtube and stumbled upon her singing J'en ai marre live in En concert. After that, it just blew me away! I knew I had to get that DVD! Now, 99.9% of what I listen to is Alizee. This has never happened to me before. I've listened to a lot of singers and watched their music videos or DVD concert before. I would do that maybe for days, even weeks, then I would moved on. But with Alizee, I just couldn't get tired of listening or watching her. She's the most talented singer I've seen in my life. The more I listen to her songs, the more I like them.
For me, a true fan is the one who supports her no matter what. I mean not just because of her looks. Sadly, for some, especially for most of the the younger ones, that's the case. Once the looks goes away, so do their enthusiasm. I know she doesn't look the same as 5-6 years ago (although she is still the sexiest in France and second only to Megan in the world, as per FHM). For me, she'll always be the most beautiful, talented and wonderful person I've known in my whole life. The TS even compared her to Cher. Let me say this: I wish she'll have the same career as Cher. Because that means, she'll have a very long and pretty successful career. Cher had a successful movie and singing careers. She won a lot of major music and acting awards. She also had a hit song for four decades. That's a long time for us to enjoy Alizee's music! I just hope she doesn't dress up or get plastic surgeries like her.
Finally, I think Alizee could revive her career by representing France in next year's Eurovision. I know she said before that she has no plan in participating. But, maybe we could convince her to change her mind. I think it's a win-win situation for her. Eurovision is being watched every year by over ONE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD! ABBA launched their career though that show. Can you imagine what it can do to her career? I'm sure she could have won years ago with any of her hits - hands down! But I believe she can still win it. Definitely she still has the talent. All she need is one good song. France, as part of the big four, is guaranteed a final slot. Which means, Alizee does not have to compete in the round robin or semi-final. France has not won the award since 1977. I'm sure they want to win another one especially after their neighbor Germany won this year. Even if she loses, just the fact that she'll get the worldwide audience she so well deserves, is a big win enough for me.
Welcome to the forum Jake. I liked a lot about what you said. A true fan is going to support Alizée come what may. I am not a fair weather fan of Alizée. I am a faithful Alizée fan for life. And your Alizée experience resembles mine a bit. I have only discovered Alizée 90 days ago. I've always been a bit fanatical about my music, as people from my hometown of Cleveland OH generraly are. I have over 600 cds in my rock library and only the best rock. However, since I discover this woman named Alizée I listen all the time, day and night, 99.99% of the time. I have not listened to a Zeppelin,OZZY,Floyd,MadonnaETC album in its entirty since April when I find her! What this fine young French lady has done to this rocknroll clown is not explainable. Scruff and Doc both told me the same. Enjoy the ride!!!!! Vivé Alizée para siempre!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:39 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

A true fan will do what they feels right, whether that includes supporting her or not.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:53 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
Welcome to the forum Jake. I liked a lot about what you said. A true fan is going to support Alizée come what may. I am not a fair weather fan of Alizée. I am a faithful Alizée fan for life. And your Alizée experience resembles mine a bit. I have only discovered Alizée 90 days ago. I've always been a bit fanatical about my music, as people from my hometown of Cleveland OH generraly are. I have over 600 cds in my rock library and only the best rock. However, since I discover this woman named Alizée I listen all the time, day and night, 99.99% of the time. I have not listened to a Zeppelin,OZZY,Floyd,MadonnaETC album in its entirty since April when I find her! What this fine young French lady has done to this rocknroll clown is not explainable. Scruff and Doc both told me the same. Enjoy the ride!!!!! Vivé Alizée para siempre!!!
Thanks, roberthein. My 45 Gigs of other music is just collecting "computer dust" for not being played! On the other hand, I'm seriously thinking about buying another En Concert DVD because the one that I have is being overplayed. I have a digital copy but I still want another one, just in case. I enjoyed that DVD so much. It's waaaaay better than going to a movie.

Edit:

Last edited by Jake04; 07-22-2010 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-22-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks, roberthein. My 45 Gigs of other music is just collecting "computer dust" for not being played! On the other hand, I'm seriously thinking about buying another En Concert DVD because the one that I have is being overplayed. I have a digital copy but I still want another one, just in case. I enjoyed that DVD so much. It's waaaaay better than going to a movie.

Edit:
And how well a Cleveland sports fan knows this fact. A true fan will always support that which they are a fan of, even The Cleveland Indians. And that is the kind of Alizée fan I am. For better or for worse and so they say. and which of us knows what is right for Alizée please, Alizée knows what is right for Alizée! And I saw the wearing out of Alizée cds in my future from overplaying them, so Ive saved all her files, I have also obtained UEDS, with some help from a few friends. And I will obtain all her stuff eventually.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 07-22-2010 at 04:21 PM..
Old 07-23-2010, 02:27 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
And how well a Cleveland sports fan knows this fact. A true fan will always support that which they are a fan of, even The Cleveland Indians. And that is the kind of Alizée fan I am. For better or for worse and so they say. and which of us knows what is right for Alizée please, Alizée knows what is right for Alizée! And I saw the wearing out of Alizée cds in my future from overplaying them, so Ive saved all her files, I have also obtained UEDS, with some help from a few friends. And I will obtain all her stuff eventually.
I have something to look forward to as well. I haven't even played or watch the DVD on a big screen tv - just in my 21 inch computer. I have two old school type large screen projector tvs's and neither would play the DVD!
I'm just waiting for one of them to break, then I'll buy a large screen plasma or LED! I tried watching it on Youtube thru my son's Wii, but it's not the same. The quality was very poor even at 760 dps. I can't wait for my tv to break!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have something to look forward to as well. I haven't even played or watch the DVD on a big screen tv - just in my 21 inch computer. I have two old school type large screen projector tvs's and neither would play the DVD!
I'm just waiting for one of them to break, then I'll buy a large screen plasma or LED! I tried watching it on Youtube thru my son's Wii, but it's not the same. The quality was very poor even at 760 dps. I can't wait for my tv to break!!!!
need some help with that?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:13 PM

Yeah Jake, Im sure we could help with that!