Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-31-2010, 12:20 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

The music

Yes, her early days were great and are over but things can't always last forever - especially great things. Infact, I'm kinda glad that she has changed up her style over time as I can find the same thing over and over with some artists displeasing to me (not that I think this would happen to me with Alizée). There isn't a song of hers that I don't like to listen to (I do like some more than others but only a little ). I love all her albums and really like the new album but that could just be my different taste in music.
I like a variety of music from all kinds of rock to techno/trance/rave to some pop music, a little rap/hiphop (mostly oldskool - yeeeah boy! lol)... Don't much care for country or too much of the newer stuff out there and I don't like a lot of rap. Anyway... this said, my input on my love of ALL of Alizée's music may not really count for much but hey whatever man lol.
Myself, beside Alizée, I mostly listen to rock and stuff. I love Metallica! Thats my sh** ya kno lol.

The looks

Yes, her looks have definately changed and I think its pretty safe to say that we all realize that. This is just another one of those personal taste things if you like what she has become or not. Once again, I love all of Alizée's looks but this could just be because I'm still in that beginning stage where I am still somewhat a new fan as I only discovered her this last summer and really got into her recently. The tatoos don't bother me much but I wouldn't much like it if she were to get many more. When I first seen her tatoos I was all like "Why Alizée? Why? You have such natural beauty..." But I grew to accept them I guess. I myself wouldn't even mind a tatoo or two myself. Her hair and clothes ... I think she looks great at whatever she does. She can rock any hair style or outfit and I'll think "Wow. I didn't think that could look good on someone but it does on her" I am definately a biased party lol. But then the make-up... I am not a big fan of make-up but whatever I guess. I still think she looks good. No matter what she does or looks like I find that I can still find "that beauty" in her. The looks though I see as only a temporary thing as she has changed her look for every album and I'm gonna stay positive and say there will be more to come

The person

No matter what she looks like and no matter what music she creates I say she is still a great person and that is all that really matters. Alizée has such great inner and outer beauty to share and I'm all for however she wants to share it. I don't ever see myself quit being a fan of Alizée mostly because of how great of a person she is. Her current album may scare a few fans off but you've got to remember that she is kind of playing another character for this album. The album is a little darker but we've all got dark sides. I can't see her getting darker than this so it can only get better from here. It could be worse like she could be singin about killing babys and what not ... Anyway...

I say just stay positive and stick with whatever Alizée makes you happy.I don't see myself going down the path you have chosen but who knows. Shintsu, I am sorry that you feel this way but I understand you. Definately check in from time to time as maybe one day she will win your heart back. Glad you got this off your chest. And I hope your "bad" luck gets better sometime soon Well, good luck bro.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:32 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I agree with most of Vil's reply (EXCEPT what she said on Psychédélices), about the US Market. Americans probably aren't ready for an 80% French album. I have said before that I hate lady gaga, but her one song with some French lyrics may get the early teen girl crowd excited about French in general.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:26 AM

jmaca is on a distinguished road

I sort of agree. I very much preferred the Lolita image of Alizée more than the Psych and post Psych era Alizée. I enjoyed the Psych album alot, but it didn't grasp my attention as much as Gour or MCE did. I'm still on the wall about UEDS, but overall I'm still happy with Alizée's career as it is even though I may not be as into it as I used to be.

Last edited by jmaca; 03-31-2010 at 01:59 AM..
Old 03-31-2010, 01:37 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
yes exactly, Alizee, to most of us isn't just a sex symbol. take me for example, i am a teenager. so remember all my hormones are going crazy, but i still don't see Alizee just a sex symbol and couldn't imagine disgracing her like that. i like her for the person she is and what she has accomplished. so it is not "creepy" at all that an older person likes her. its nothing sexual, just liking her for her talent of music.
Exactly what I feel!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I'm one of those creepy older guys Shintsu. The truth is that any time I have to justify something I shouldn't be doing it. With Alizee there is nothing to justify. She is a beautiful person inside and out. I love her unique voice, smile, personal integrity, big heart. I like all of her music to date. I don't have any preconcieved notions about her musical career path except hopeful that she obtains the success she desires and deserves.

The things that some other fans complain about like her change in attire, musical style, hairstyle, general appearance are a big part of what keeps me interested.

Alizee is a positive force and not a train wreck like so many other musicians/artists.

I hate tattoo's and don't like techno generally. I don't let these trivialities get in the way of all the wonderful things about Alizee. Life is too short and too long to ignore. I hope your luck changes Shintsu. If you have to justify hanging out here or being an Alizee fan maybe you were never one. If you need to justify not being a fan or why you need to leave here, maybe you should rethink that as well. I support you in your struggle.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:43 AM

Vil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
I agree with most of Vil's reply (EXCEPT what she said on Psychédélices), about the US Market. Americans probably aren't ready for an 80% French album. I have said before that I hate lady gaga, but her one song with some French lyrics may get the early teen girl crowd excited about French in general.
Haha, I was trying to give an objective view on what was happening in the Alizee chain from a casual, or even new viewer perspective. I myself actually liked the album, but for obvious reasons, I could see how it was a hard sell to the mainstream masses.

About Lady Gaga's song, I doubt it'll make much waves in terms of getting people into French too much. I mean Madonna's tried it with Spanish (Who's that Girl) and many other artists that I can't think of off the top of my head. It's mostly for unique shock value.

That being said, our best hope of French exposure, at least to the language, would come from our lovely folk up in the north, them Quebecois. If only Celine Dion snuck more French songs onto her English cds, then we'd have a winner! Haha I kid, but it would be great...
Old 03-31-2010, 03:00 AM

another_alizee_fan is on a distinguished road

Shintsu,

I won't go into great detail but I agree with you wholeheartedly. I've been a big Alizée fan since 2005 but noticed her style and interests changed since that date. I hate to say it but the music that she now performs (most of it, anyway) sucks and I do believe that her best musical years are behind her. She shouldn't have listened to her husband who no doubt told her to drop Mylène and do her own thing.

I too loved the sweet innocent girl who sang angelically, danced like a devil, and looked like a modern Helen of Troy but when I read her interview saying that "It was only a role" and that the Alizée we all knew and loved wasn't the real her, it about killed me inside. When she said she kept absolutely nothing from those years except the awards it showed me that the Alizée I loved so much never really existed and that she was trying to run away from the image she had portrayed. After reading that, I cried and cried all day long. You see, I've always been proud of being a strong man that nothing or nobody could effect; nothing ever bothered me no matter how bad the situation was. But on that day, saying what she did, Alizée plunged a dagger deep into my heart and left a gaping wound that I know will never heal.

Although I will always have a small corner of what is left of my heart reserved for Alizée, it will never be as before. Although I do know that Alizée will grow and change I do wish that she would have not so obviously and blatantly killed my dream of her.

Anyway, I could say more but that's enough. And if most fans were honest and admit it to themselves I do think that they would also agree with you too.

Last edited by another_alizee_fan; 03-31-2010 at 03:05 AM..
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm sorry what we both have the same opinion, Shintsu.

However, I overlook all the backwards steps she's taken knowing that that teddy bear-burying, strawberry-eating, sailor suit-dancing, Lolita... is still there, under all those tattoos and layers of make-up.... however dormant or repressed, she's still there.

------

I'd hate for you to turn off Alizée in entire, you could do what I did for 6 months following my discovery of Psychédélices that had been released pre-Alizée-discovery (for me, at least)....

You could just entirely ignore Psychédélices and UEdS, pretend they never existed, and bury yourself in Gourmandises and Mes Courants Électriques as I had for 6 months straight.

---

But also, remember, the entire image and Alizée was orchestrated by Myléne. As we've quite obviously seen, she doesn't voluntarily choose to wear dangerously short clothing on her own terms or act as tantalizingly attractive (she just naturally is) which would leave us to find that those aspects were a part of Myléne's grand scheme.

Psychédélices, Une Enfant du Siècle, and albums to come... these show the true Alizée, her true tastes, her true vision of art.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:18 AM

awkward Turtle is on a distinguished road

This is sad but inevitable when artists change their style. Everybody's tastes are different and at least there is some part of Alizée that you still like, so hold onto that and enjoy the music you want to enjoy, not what other people say you should.

Luckily for me, I love the new stuff, but I knew it would be a possibility that i would not like the new album because she said it would be really different. The important thing is just taking it all in stride and realizing that her music is not for everybody.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:09 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_alizee_fan View Post
but when I read her interview saying that "It was only a role" and that the Alizée we all knew and loved wasn't the real her, it about killed me inside. When she said she kept absolutely nothing from those years except the awards it showed me that the Alizée I loved so much never really existed and that she was trying to run away from the image she had portrayed.
I guess if her saying that hurts you or anybody else it detracts from what kind of fan you were. She was a puppet that Mylene knew exactly what to do with. If you thought that image and style was the real Alizée then you were probably blinded by sex appeal as most guys were. Just like some on here actually think her big smile at the end of JPVA on July 4th 2003 was genuine. It was clearly a forced smile, but it did it's job just as planned. Mylene isn't stupid and neither is Alizée, they both helped each other immensely during that time. It is no different than most artists, they create an image and hope it sells. Some know what they are doing and some don't. But to enter the market they more often than not have to be less of themselves.

Personally I admire her for leaving the pin up image behind and becoming more true to herself. If you want her to be something she is not then that is very selfish in my opinion. People still want her to go back to the lolita image and that is just being selfish too. What hasn't changed however is that she still is a good person. You can't fake that. And once again she is a person, not an image. If you can't get over an image then that's your fault, she is a person and has moved on.

You have problems if you think Jeremy told her to drop Mylene and do her own thing. Once again her image was that of a lolita. "I'm not twenty" tells the same story. It's like me acting like I'm a teenager, I'm 26 for crying out loud. She will be 26 later this year, but guys like you still want her to cater to your needs. Do you think girls as smart and level headed as her want to be objectified their entire lives? Heck even if Jeremy did tell her to drop Mylene it would have been the right thing to do. It's still messed up that you'd think he'd have forced her into it though, maybe jealousy has something to do with that though.