Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Une Enfant Du Siècle
Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron14 View Post
Another one for Psychedelices. I'm not all that fond of UEdS.

I have the feeling there's already been a poll like this: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5588
I knew it I knew it I knew it! Man Wasabi you just re-did a thread O well. But all we have to know is that on the other one Psych got crushed 32-11
Old 07-27-2010, 11:45 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Pretty tough, but all of these polls are tough for me. I'm the guy who would always finish his survey last at school all because I would put too much thought or debate into every little question . I just put too much thought into choosing, especially when it's between Alizée and Alizée. So hard!!! lol

I really like and think both are excellent albums. I can listen to both entirely and like every song from both, but I tend to listen to Psychédélices more. There are songs that I really enjoy from both albums, but I seem to have more songs that I really, really like from Psych. I really like the album and every song on it a lot. As time has gone on, and as I have become more aquainted with her music as a fan, I find it quite hard to decide what my favorite album overall is. I still debate whether Mes Courants Électriques or Psychédélices is my favorite album. I tend to listen to Psych more than any other album though. I just really enjoy the album, and between UEDS and Psych, I seem to be able to listen to Psych just about whenever, where I will often have to be in the mood at times for a few songs on UEDS. Psych also has more piano, guitar, and other more natural sounding instruments where UEDS is more electronic. I do enjoy and like electronic music but I will often prefer and enjoy the natural sound of instruments such as guitars and the piano more. Psych seems to have more of this, an example would be like in the very beautiful song Par Les Paupières. Psych also seems to have a wider range music-wise that keeps me "busy", I guess you could say, whereas UEDS sticks very closely to one style or theme across the album. Both albums have excellent beats though. Great drums throughout both albums. That is what makes it really tough when choosing. But when it comes down to it, I will often go with the upbeat, happy tones and natural sounds of Psych over the dark and electronic UEDS.

Edit:

Haha. I knew there was another thread like this but I didn't feel like finding it. Lazy me

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that Wasabi made the thread again though. Now that a little more time has passed, people have had more time to be able to better become aquainted with the new album. People may not like it as much as it may have gotten "old" or it may have "grown" on them and they like it more. The other thread was made relatively close after the release and I only had my UEDS CD for like a week or two when the poll was created I believe.

The thread stopped getting posts after a few days also. It kind of exploded then stopped. It would be nice to see some more recent or up-to-date results as people's minds may have changed. I still voted the same way, but hey, you never know.

Last edited by AlizéeInspired; 07-27-2010 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
But all we have to know is that on the other one Psych got crushed 32-11
Gee, I didn't realize this was a competition between which album was better?

Old 07-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

To be honest I have to go with UEDS it's more me. My darker side is much more bigger then my colorful side but there some what equal. As much as I love Psych I think UEDS has more meaning to it. I love all the songs on both albums and not skip a singel song I just like UEDS more.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 PM

mercenaries16 is on a distinguished road

i think UEDS its a best album you can hear every song time after time and i dont skip any track on the cd but psychedelices have greaters songs like fifty sixty lilly town etc but you can't hear all the song because it have songs like decollage l'effet and song like these that i better skip when im hearing the cd but for fifty sixty and lilly town i go to psychedelices
Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

UEDS for me. Somehow, I don't like 50-60 and Lillytown that much. PLP is best on Psych.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:54 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

After listening to these songs for the past few months, I can say that I like every single song on Une Enfant Du Siècle. Even the less favorable ones are somewhat tolerable. I can't say the same for Psych. There are maybe 6-7 songs I like off of Psych. And Une Enfant Du Siècle as a whole seems to work - each song FLOWS into the next. Psych felt more like a mixture of things to me. But that has its charm too I guess. Overall, I'd take Une Enfant Du Siècle over Psych.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Draw Me A Sheep

Eldrick is on a distinguished road

Psychedelices for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy UEDS as it has a good flow as a whole, but just doesn't have any stand out tracks, unlike Psych, with the likes of 50/60, PLP, Lilly Town etc so Psych gets my vote. It's my favourite Lili album.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

There was a thread about this after UEDS came out...and the result was the opposite of what it is now.