Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2014, 01:35 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I did a little research and found the most likely place the patch would have come from was an AWACS squadron based in Germany. So I figured what the heck, I'll send a letter to the commanding general's office of that area and see if I could get some more information. That was a few weeks ago. I just got this response.

Classification: NATO UNCLASSIFIED releasable to INTERNET

Good morning Sir,

please excuse my late reply to your inquiry but I was otherwise involved
and had no time to take care of it.
There is a very simple explanation to how and why the patch was created
back in the days.
Alizee was some years ago in Mazar-e-Sharif to "entertain" the troops
with her famous music.
Based on that event numerous patches from all different units working
down there were created with using the red fish as a symbol for Alizee.
There was never an official patch created based on that.
Please contact me for any further questions...

Best Regards,
Stabsfeldwebel Ingo Senft, OW3B
Deutsche Luftwaffe
No. 3 Squadron
EXEC / NATO medal POC / ST-scheduling
Deputy CSE ST Evaluator
Ext: 0049/2451-63*****
Mobile: 0049/157316*****

Now I find it hard to believe she was in Afghanistan, mainly because I'm sure we would've heard about it. If she did go , it would have been mostly to support French troops, but most likely she would have seen troops from several countries. Still I don't believe she was there and am wondering if this guy is just b s ing me or has her confused with someone else.
Great work and idea researching ! Most stars don't talk about or promote the fact they entertain the troops , it's just not something we hear much of or the majority of , obviously we hear of some . Now i know your thoughts
there are along the lines of well someone there in the audience would have talked about it . Perhaps , perhaps not , then again someone who was supposedly there just did tell ya/us . . Now surely as you said and id agree to think it would have been more than only one performance as eluded to by the response , which would obviously have more participants and stories about such . Then again such a small following , small audiences of the troops if so , smaller online communities . . . All that would tend to say perhaps the numbers just aren't there to have the story told into some known lore .

Now the odd part to me about it is he sorta says one performance , all though that may just be incorrectly/fast writ , he only knows of or is remembering the one . What really doesn't make sense to me as even in one day performing for the troops you'd most likely do multiple shows and it wouldn't be 10,000 at the Olympia but a few hundred . Reason being is it's not like all the troops can watch at the same time , with that said , multiple patches , units . . . All from one show ?

I doubt he confused her with someone else eluding to the fish .
Now im wondering if they really liked her so much to have patches made , not that patches are hard to do but that would lead me to believe there'd be more patches we'd have seen and perhaps at least a few stories or confirmation should be easy from other persons . I'd ask em if he can find some of the other patches and get pics - pics - or it didn't happen as the saying goes . Maybe even put you in touch with who created , manufactured them etc . I did write the person i got mine from and they wrote back right away saying they werent sure what patch so send a pic ( didn't know her name ) so i sent a pic and havent got a response , ill try again . . . Hmm i'd also want to know exactly why patches were made , a suggestion taken from her like she liked there other patches and they ( quarter master perhaps ? ) said well i'll sew and make some with you on it . . ? Ill shut up now ahah .

NOT - now i want more patches and . . . maybe there is some videos or recordings of the show/s . Interesting item !