Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-08-2018, 09:09 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road
Default Favorite live performance!

Heyo!

I started this thread cause i want to know your favorite live performance by Alizee.

I really love this performance:

And talking about alizee in concert i love the performance of Toc de mac!

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 03-09-2018 at 04:38 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I can't remember all of my favorite performances, but this one came to mind as one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpswGRAGv2A

This isn't her song, but I remember watching this streamed when it was broadcast on a Saturday afternoon. Selfishly, I wished she would make an album with songs like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X_yLpicqO4
Old 03-09-2018, 06:56 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I have a lot of favorites, but listing a few here.

Mon Maquis is just an OK song on the album, but she really sells it in her live performance. I am not a rap fan, but coming from Alizee, it is charming. With her dance around the drummer, and the background singers joining her up front, this became one of my favorites.

This version of A Contre Courant is my favorite performance of this song. I like the orange background behind her. She wears very little makeup and really shows her natural beauty. I'm a sucker for her eyes, and in this performance they are vibrant. Plus, she gives a short interview at the end, and I like to hear her talking voice.

I wish somebody could translate what the announcer says at the beginning, because look at the co-host's expression at 0:12. LOL

This performance is my very favorite of all time, probably by any artist. The first time I watched it, I thought she was unreal, like from another planet.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-09-2018 at 10:13 AM..
Old 03-09-2018, 01:07 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I too thought the singing in Mon Maquis was okay, but as CleverCowboy said she really sells it in her performance. Here's a video I put together years ago. I don't know how that drummer maintained his concentration with her dancing around him the way she did.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:43 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

I was watching some of my Alizée videos and I ended up on this one, which I would like to know your opinion about

https://youtu.be/I9cSKLPB2nk

I have never heard this as one of her best performances, but I was thinking that it's just amazing. It is almost certainly a playback performance but unfortunately it's not something new with Alizée. Anyway as I was saying, she is terrific here: she is really enjoying what she is doing. The way she moves is simply hypnotic, also thanks to her eyes that go from the audience to the camera and vice versa. And we all know which effects Alizée's eyes can cause... Here her stare is even more penetrating than usual. She is speaking directly to you!
Moreover her outfit is great, too. The top let you glimpse her back, which is beautiful as all the rest.

So what do you think of this performance?
Old 08-04-2019, 08:14 PM

baronstrucker is on a distinguished road

My favorite performances would be Youpidou and J'en Ai Marre !(from En Concert)
Old 08-05-2019, 05:52 AM

bebert057 is on a distinguished road

my favorite lives des enfoires are:

Locomotion (2009)

ça va pas changer le monde (2002)

others :

Last edited by bebert057; 08-06-2019 at 07:22 AM..
Old 08-05-2019, 07:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Some of my favorite Les Enfoires performances of here were;

Rolling in the Deep -

Le Sens de la vie - Unfortunately I don't think a video of this is available on sites like YouTube, but we can find a way for people here to view it, if they are interested.

In this performance of Double Je, I really loved the way she belted out the line at 3:41. I think she might have been inspired by the great performance by the gentleman singing next to her, Chrstophe Mae and as is usually the case Patrick Firori sounded great in this song.

This video's resolution isn't that great, but again we have ways for members to view a better quality one.

Here's another one she looked great in but there is a better fan video out there....
Old 08-06-2019, 03:29 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I was watching some of my Alizée videos and I ended up on this one, which I would like to know your opinion about

I have never heard this as one of her best performances, but I was thinking that it's just amazing. It is almost certainly a playback performance but unfortunately it's not something new with Alizée. Anyway as I was saying, she is terrific here: she is really enjoying what she is doing.
Moreover her outfit is great, too. The top let you glimpse her back, which is beautiful as all the rest.

So what do you think of this performance?
Its a lively performance. But I don't see this performance as being dramatically different from her other performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
The way she moves is simply hypnotic, also thanks to her eyes that go from the audience to the camera and vice versa. And we all know which effects Alizée's eyes can cause... Here her stare is even more penetrating than usual. She is speaking directly to you!
In general, Alizee's eye contact is *amazing.* You see it in her videos and you see it in still photographs.

I'd like to know how she does it. It must be some kind of inborn talent.

Alizee has extremely good physical coordination (the dancing, and so on.) If there was a "MENSA" for physical coordination, Alizee would be a member. My suspicion is that Alizee's physical coordination also enhances her ability to make facial expressions.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:51 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post

In general, Alizee's eye contact is *amazing.* You see it in her videos and you see it in still photographs.

I'd like to know how she does it. It must be some kind of inborn talent.

Alizee has extremely good physical coordination (the dancing, and so on.) If there was a "MENSA" for physical coordination, Alizee would be a member. My suspicion is that Alizee's physical coordination also enhances her ability to make facial expressions.
Yes, Alizée should receive formal recognition for her unique talent, but I guess nothing can fully describe her way to be so incredible.

Anyway I don't know if her facial expressions are connected to her physical coordination. I think they are different aspects of her being. What is amazing is how she manages to mix these two aspects (and many, many other talents) to be a unique person and artist. In one word: Alizée.