Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-19-2017, 01:59 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Japanese manga and anime are popular in France, I think the manga consumption there is the largest in the world apart from Japan. The Japan expo which is hosted anually in Paris attests to that.

My guess is that Alizee read the manga when she was a kid/ teen and identified with it. If you haven't heard of "Dr. Slump", it's made by the same artist as Dragonball. It's basically a story about little girl android who is very strong and can take out anyone. Very funny, I totally recommend it if you like light-hearted anime.

But think about it, it's a small girl (Alizee is petite) who is very strong (she has achieved great success) and is innocent and fun to be around.

What's not to identify with people?

Look at the haircut
1.jpg
2417913327_3.jpg

Arale's catchphrase is hoyoyoyo.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Japanese manga and anime are popular in France, I think the manga consumption there is the largest in the world apart from Japan. The Japan expo which is hosted anually in Paris attests to that.

My guess is that Alizee read the manga when she was a kid/ teen and identified with it. If you haven't heard of "Dr. Slump", it's made by the same artist as Dragonball. It's basically a story about little girl android who is very strong and can take out anyone. Very funny, I totally recommend it if you like light-hearted anime.

But think about it, it's a small girl (Alizee is petite) who is very strong (she has achieved great success) and is innocent and fun to be around.
I'm solidly in middle age and didn't have anime around when I was at the age of the target audience. However, my son was totally immersed in anime when he was a teen, along with a few of his friends. He wanted to visit Japan more than any other country if he had the chance.

Anime, manga, cartoon characters, whatever, are pretty cold tattoos. A small flower tattoo in the right places can be sexy. Bugs Bunny, Tinkerbell, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs are ugly on the skin no matter where and what size. That picture I posted with her on the bed with the gecko - she has skin that is so perfect and soft. Why WHY? Just getting me upset thinking about it!
Old 12-31-2017, 05:45 PM
Miam Miam!

I was searching for "alizee tattoos" on google and found some funny pics that came from this thread. The weird thing is that when I clicked on them I was brought to this thread but the pictures were not there. O_o

Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe google caches the images somewhere, I've seen it happen sometimes with dead websites. Their pics sometimes still show up.

Here are some examples:

(this one is not Alizee obviously, but the tattoo is a chibi version of the one she got.

If she were to have another tattoo, which one do you guys think she'd go for? Maybe another anime character, like Bulma from Dragonball? Or a smaller discreet tattoo of a star.

Last edited by eru777; 12-31-2017 at 06:07 PM..
Old 12-31-2017, 06:18 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was searching for "alizee tattoos" on google and found some funny pics that came from this thread. The weird thing is that when I clicked on them I was brought to this thread but the pictures were not there. O_o

Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe google caches the images somewhere, I've seen it happen sometimes with dead websites. Their pics sometimes still show up.
Missing images were probably hosted on image services that have vanished, or perhaps accounts that were deleted for inactivity. I used to use imageshack and all of those images disappeared.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:25 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I think you were directed to the archive of AAm ( http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/archive/ ) were only links of photos show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Missing images were probably hosted on image services that have vanished, or perhaps accounts that were deleted for inactivity. I used to use imageshack and all of those images disappeared.
Imageshack became paid-only and photobucket has disabled third party hosting.
We have lost many and good images thanks to this.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
............If she were to have another tattoo, which one do you guys think she'd go for? Maybe another anime character, like Bulma from Dragonball? Or a smaller discreet tattoo of a star.
I don't think she'd get one of another anime character. I think if she gets another one, it would be of something related to her relationship with Gregoire or one of her next baby or something that she feels very strongly about such as Corsica.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:59 PM
Miam Miam!

Hadn't noticed the tattoo of Snow White with a machine gun until now. Is this a relatively new one?

I don't remember seeing it on the "because of autumn" video.
It's next to the Annily one. I think I understand, Snow White is there to protect Annily.

She must be running out of space though
Old 01-04-2018, 11:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Here's a link to a page in this forum where this was discussed back in 2012....

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...t=7034&page=62
Old 01-05-2018, 02:47 AM
Miam Miam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here's a link to a page in this forum where this was discussed back in 2012....

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...t=7034&page=62
Oh, so it's been there from 2012..I didn't notice till now. Thanks for pointing it out. The thread is so long I haven't really read it all. (Plus many of the pictures are dead cuz it's been so long)
Old 01-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh, so it's been there from 2012..I didn't notice till now. Thanks for pointing it out. The thread is so long I haven't really read it all. (Plus many of the pictures are dead cuz it's been so long)
I've been working my way through the entire thread - it is extremely long but there is a lot of great posts. It's worth it.

The machine gun girl might mean something to Alizee, and maybe that is all that matters to her, but the lack of thought into how it (and the others) would affect her professional life has come to an unfortunate conclusion.

The entertainment biz is so competitive that to succeed you need an edge. We all know what Alizee's edge was. I am a shorts and tee-shirt kind of guy, but in my profession, the cleaner cut and better dressed I am, the more of an edge I have over my peers. Image is everything. She might not have been totally comfortable with the image that MF/LB had her portray, but it propelled her to fame and gave her a life that millions upon millions of young people can only dream about.

To go off on a tangent here briefly, I have two sons that are around your age. They are both good looking young men (like their dad - ha!) who have dated and dated and want to settle down, but cannot find the right one. The older one has already come to the conclusion that he will have to settle with a girl much less than ideal to get married. The old Alizee represented something that I believe men are biologically attracted to - a female that is not ashamed of her femininity, soft with a natural beauty, beautiful curves, gentle. Soft spoken and not obnoxious. Caring, giving, nurturing. Someone you would step in front of a bullet to protect.

The tattoos brings confusion into the mix. She might have those traits that I just listed, but they put an element of doubt into the minds of those that suddenly see them after loving her for who she was. If I decided to pierce my eyebrow or nose and wear a post and went into work dressed in my business suit, I know I am the same guy inside, but it would be foolish to expect my peers, and especially management, would not notice and that it wouldn't be a factor in future promotion opportunities.

For me, I will love this girl even if she decided to swim in a tank of ink. But, she sabotaged her career because the tattoos killed her edge and she had to rely on pure talent after that. And frankly, there are a lot of fantastic singers and dancers in this world that are as good or better than her.

Enough for now.