Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Super User

Paulina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Sorry, I just don't understand why someone would do that to themselves. Is he just not happy with himself?
Like someone previously said in this thread, not everyone who gets tattoos is unhappy with themselves. From what I understand, Rick's full body tattoo is a tribute to his favorite movie genre of horror films. Some people genuinely just like tattoos and using their body as a canvas to express themselves. My brother has 3 tattoos, one on his shoulder, one on his wrist and one on his leg. He didn't get them because he was unhappy with himself he did it because the designs were something that really meant something to him and he liked the way they looked on him.

Last edited by Paulina; 05-20-2012 at 09:53 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 06:42 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I'm sure she's very happy with her tatoos and I'm sure she has no regrets at this point, but she is still a young woman with a long life ahead of her (knock on wood). Maybe she earned plenty of money with her first 2 albums and has invested that money wisely so her financial future is not a concern, but I really don't feel that is the case. She's still very young. She seems to have expensive taste in clothing. She likes to dine out all the time and she has a daughter to raise. I wonder if the cost of college in France can be as expensive in France as it is in the U.S. if you want to go to one of your own choosing.

So I don't think she is set for life financially and she should be concerned about her marketability in the entertainment industry. She does not have that strong of a voice. Last year in Les Enfoires, she was paired with Nolwenn for a song and Nolwenn blew her doors off. The same thing happened this year with Claire Keim. The show seemed to feature her this year and it wasn't because of her voice. I'm sure it was more because of her looks, her dancing, her work ethics and her peronality, but mainly her looks.

In this years show, there was a skit they did where they had I believe it was 5 female singers dressed up in identical red dresses and as brunettes. It would have been a perfect skit "looks" wise for Alizee but she wasn't in it. It's possible that they didn't include her because they felt her voice wasn't right for it, or it could have been they have to use other singers equally and they had used her too much already, or it could be that the big tatoo on her back didn't fit in with the image they wanted to project.

She appeared in a skit early in the show where she was dressed in that beautiful wedding dress and she looked sensational. Now if she had the tatoo on her upper arm that she recently got at the time, I'm sure they would have used a different dress, or maybe they would have put her in one of those judges robes.

Now I'm sure there will be more tatoos and I think eventually she will ruin the looks of her legs with one and it will get to the point where they wont want to feature her anymore. Right now Les Enfoires is all she has. She should be doing everything in her power to insure she continues to be featured in that show.

Last year, there was talk of her being on the show the voice. There was controvery at the time in some French forums with people asking why her? Again, they probably chose her because of her beauty. Right now it is her strongest asset in trying to continue her career and she's quickly throwing that asset away, tatoo by tatoo.

Another thing she should worry about is her marketability in the boyfreind area. Her sights seem to be aimed high in this area. She married someone who at the time was a successful singer. Then at this years L. E. she was rumored to be seeing M.P., another successful singer. I think she was interested in seeing M.P. but he had to look no further than her to realize how a relationship could ruin a career and he wanted no part of it.
Now if she still has her aim set high in that regard, she already has one strike against her in the fact anyone who hooks up with her would get an instant family. Now any man (hopefully) who finds himself being intimate with her might very well find themselves staring Tinkerbell in the face. That has to be a real mood killer, when someone who fits her high standarsds, could easily have his choice from a bunch of beautiful women who haven't ruined their looks.

There is just no plus side to her getting tatoos, except for pleasing herself. Isn't there another way she can find that type of happiness in her life?
Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Not trying to sound disrespectful, but you act as if the entire world thinks her tattoos (and tattoos in general) are bad. Once again, just because you think they aren't what's best for her, doesn't make it true. I'm not saying I know what's best for her either, but the tattoos make her happy and who are we to say she shouldn't get what makes her happy?

(Just be thankful she isn't into scarification. That stuff is messed up. )
Old 05-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm just wondering how the people who only remember her as MF's lolita will react? "Alizee.. I remember her from Moi... Lolita," remember her old image, etc etc, expect a grown-up version of that squeaky-clean, fresh-faced look. And it turns out she got tatted up.

IDK, it just occurred to me that the change would be kinda jarring and I thought it was funny.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-21-2012, 07:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
Not trying to sound disrespectful, but you act as if the entire world thinks her tattoos (and tattoos in general) are bad. Once again, just because you think they aren't what's best for her, doesn't make it true. I'm not saying I know what's best for her either, but the tattoos make her happy and who are we to say she shouldn't get what makes her happy?

(Just be thankful she isn't into scarification. That stuff is messed up. )
Well I think what will be best for her, is for her career to continue and right now so much is riding on this next album. If it's not that good, I think she'd still have other options in the entertainment industry, because of her beauty, but if she destroys her beauty with more tatoos, I think she will lose that option.

We've seen her recent attempts to reach out to MF. I think she realizes now how incredibly talented Mylene and L.B. are and I think she probably also realizes it was a mistake to leave them when she did. She made the mistake because she was young and inexperienced.

Now I think she is making the same type of mistake with her tatoos. She doesn't realize there are doors of opportunity closing the more she takes away from her beauty and as with the mistake she made with MF/LB, by the time she realizes it, it will be too late.

EDIT: and what I say is just an opinion. It weighs no more than anyone else's opinion. I've been wrong many times in the past and I will be wrong many times in the future, but back after the first Moscow concert, I warned she was going in the wrong direction and I was somewhat right. She didn't have much success in France. So now I think these tatoos are a move in the wrong direction for her career, so I will not sit idly by and watch her go down that path, without at least offering my opinion of warning.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-21-2012 at 07:33 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 12:07 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

https://instagr.am/p/K54EfhjooX/

Looks like the tatoo is out of the plastic.

Last edited by Rev; 05-22-2012 at 12:11 AM..
Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I just keep thinking how out-of-place it looks, and how she'd look that much nicer with the arm clean/bare instead of inked up.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-22-2012, 12:55 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

At this rate there won't be a clean and bare space anywhere on her body for long. I have to remember she is still young and many times young people don't realize life long impacts of decisions they make. I know I have made my share of decisions that I regretted later or had profound implications in my life. I'm sure to Alizee the tattoo's are benign and that she is being unique and doing her own thing just like millions of others are doing the same thing thinking they are unique and doing their own thing. Dancing to the limming song being themselves just like everyone else. Nothing new about youthful indescretion. Not judging, just saying.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:01 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

On second look it does look finished (I thought the eyes were missing).

I don't like it.... I really don't like it. It ruins her elegance.

Last edited by Rev; 05-22-2012 at 01:06 AM..
Old 05-22-2012, 01:19 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

On second look it does look finished (I thought the eyes were missing).

I don't like it.... I really don't like it. It ruins her elegance.
In the same way spray painting grafiti on a priceless piece of art.