Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 03-22-2016, 05:59 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Attack in Brussels

Apparent terrorist attack in Brussels. So far there are 13 dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe...ive/index.html
Old 03-22-2016, 07:11 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

13 dead at airport, 15 dead in metro...

Last edited by Lucas; 03-22-2016 at 07:13 AM..
Old 03-22-2016, 09:27 AM

Ajaccio is on a distinguished road

20 dead and 106 injured in metro. 14 dead at the airport.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've been going through occupational therapy, so I have to get up at 5:30. I woke up at 4 this morning and was wide awake so I threw some coal on the embers to get the computer going. I quickly saw news of the attack in Brussels was posted on Facebook. I saw on my page, Steffan of AIFC, had already shared a post that said "Thoughts for Brussels and all of Belgium". So I shared it to AAm's FB page.

I checked out some news reports, got some breakfast and went back and read through the comments on thier page. Several people commented that basicly they had a double standard. They offered thoughts for the people in Brussels, but not for the people in Turkey a couple weeks ago. I suppose in a way, they are right, but I did point out she performed in Brussels not very long ago and has performed in Belgium on other occassions. The ACC video was filmed in Belgium. I also pointed out if the timing was different, it could've directly affected Alizee. But this is a big gray area.

With the attacks in Paris, I started a Pray for Paris thread. Now i said that Alizee, Corsica, Paris and France are all one in my book and I think what I did with that thread was right

Look at what the people of Paris have done for us. It was the manager of the Virgin Megastore in Paris who received our letter about the 60 cds. He could've easily have thrown it out and these people treated us very well when we went there.

Then we had the next autograph session in Paris. There was the woman I first met who was a manager of FNAC, treated me very well. On that day of autograph session, Alizee was running late and it looked like it wasn't going to happen, but you could tell this woman was really pulling for us. On one of my subsequent trips to Paris, I tried to find her to giver her a little gift, but came up empty. Eventually her shift ended and she left, but turned us over to another young man who too was very nice to us. So Alizee didn't get there in time for our private autograph session and we got in line with everyone else, but the FNAC rep and IRIS of Sony talked to us and said they were going to see if we could have the autograph session after the regular session. It didn't happen. I think the regular session ran late and maybe the thought of signing 80 cds was too much for her. But like I said, IRIS, a beautiful young lady I might add talked to us for several minutes. Virgin Megastore, Sony, FNAC and these people who worked for them were people of Paris or who at least worked there and for what they've done for our forum, that Pray for Paris thread was the least "we" could do. You have to remember too, that for years, Alizée lived in the Paris area.

If by some miracle another album comes along, the release with an autograph session would most likely be in Paris and if we had a large number of members who wanted autographs. I wouldn't have the nerve to ask these people to do us a favor of arranging to have cds autographed for people who couldn't affford a trip over, if we couldn't have posted that thread after 130 people were slaughtered in their city

So with Belgium, even though Alizee has been there a few times, I would not start the same type of thread. I'd do what I did in our forum and open an off topic thread. On our Facebook page, I'm not sure if I should have shared that message that was on AIFC. It is a gray area and if people want to offer their opinions, that's great. Otherwise I will just use my judgement.

I did say some prayers for the victims. I should be saying them for myself because Lord knows I'll be heading south on judgement day. What others do is up to them.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-22-2016 at 01:24 PM..