Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Jolie Fée Princesse

CinnamonPixie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabella View Post
lol. i have asked my music-teacher, but she don't know her..
maybe my french teacher knows her?
My bff's big brother took french in HS a few years ago and his teacher knew of her and her songs... In fact, she made a comment about her "j'ai pas vingt ans" song to reference how the sentence structure worked...

My bff & I had no idea until he heard the song one day while we were painting eachother's toenails and he poked his head in and asked if that's what the the singer had just said... We said yeah, and he told us about that day in class - and we got him (at least somewhat) into Alizee too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
Hey CP, you got a sister?
Yeah, but she's too little for you... I PROMISE you that she is - unless you're destined to be on a "Dateline" undercover special in about 5-6 years... Sorry.

Besides, she has Momma's way super curly hair anyway... She couldn't pull off an Alizee look, unless her hair straightens out as she gets to be my age...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Wait, you mean...there are actually people who honestly do not know who Rocket Richard is?!

No. No, that can't be. That is just crazy talk.

Welcome to the forums, CP!
OMG! I know! That's what I said too the first time someone asked me who he was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
ahahahha figures lol hockey not a big fan of hockey, baseball, american football. lol. Now if you asked me about Pedja mijatovic. (Thats a different story lol). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predrag_Mijatovi%C4%87
How can you NOT be a big fan of hockey?! It's like Soccer/Football with like real sports added (without the weird "GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL" yelling for three days when someone FINALLY scores... if they ever do... )

j/k - I don't mind Soccer... It's better than Ego-ball... err... Basketball (NBA, at least, is too much "It's all about ME and MY supporting cast" kinda ego trip crap for me to get into it)
Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Lol to me American footbal is a punk sport for whimps lol. the same thing happens in rugby but in rugby we play with no padding and hitting, biting, and praty much beating the crap out of somebody is all leagal baby ahaha, now thats a sport. Untill I got hurt badly snd was forced to stop playing lol. Playing soccer right now, also received a nice injury to my right knee-(it was fuuny/painfull way it popped out) I still play soccer, but my knee unfortunaly never healed back to normal. Now if I kneel down for a period of time and get up it hurts hte hell but, no pain no gain. Oh come on CP lol why u got o bag on me like that lol, the Gooooooooooooooaaaalllllllllllllll yealling is awesome lol. i guess never got into hockey because i cant skate even to save my life, but the fights are nice lol. Did u hear the new that a player got his throat slit in hte game. I think it was two days ago or something.

Last edited by Srbski-kralj; 05-22-2009 at 11:58 PM..
Old 05-23-2009, 03:33 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonhyuk View Post
i stole my friend's car and found a bunch of cd's on the floor and popped one in, it was alizee stuff, and i ended up liking it. i looked through the cd cover and i saw the girl, i thought she was pretty cute as well, so i actually drove the car back to him (after wasting about 75% of his gas tank) and asked him about her.

he pointed me here and now im settling myself down
You stole your friend's car ? Something makes me think you stole a Mercedez SL-500, right ?
Old 05-23-2009, 03:54 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonPixie View Post
It's better than Ego-ball... err... Basketball (NBA, at least, is too much "It's all about ME and MY supporting cast" kinda ego trip crap for me to get into it)
You take that back !

JK

I know what you mean, there are certain players who fit your description, but not all. There are some great guys in the NBA, total team players. Plus, sometimes its fun to watch one guy with a good supporting cast dominate the league (see Michael Jeffrey Jordan ).
Old 05-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Jolie Fée Princesse

Quote:
Lol to me American footbal is a punk sport for whimps lol. the same thing happens in rugby but in rugby we play with no padding and hitting, biting, and praty much beating the crap out of somebody is all leagal baby ahaha, now thats a sport. Untill I got hurt badly snd was forced to stop playing lol. Playing soccer right now, also received a nice injury to my right knee-(it was fuuny/painfull way it popped out) I still play soccer, but my knee unfortunaly never healed back to normal. Now if I kneel down for a period of time and get up it hurts hte hell but, no pain no gain. Oh come on CP lol why u got o bag on me like that lol, the Gooooooooooooooaaaalllllllllllllll yealling is awesome lol. i guess never got into hockey because i cant skate even to save my life, but the fights are nice lol. Did u hear the new that a player got his throat slit in hte game. I think it was two days ago or something.
I never said Soccer wasn't tough or that you couldn't get hurt... BUT, on the injury & risk issue, Cheerleading is actually has the HIGHEST rate of injury of any middle school, jr/sr high school, and college level sport! Mostly since the gymnastics and acrobatics have been added in over the last 15-20 years (which is what I enjoy in it - the sideline crap is just BS... it's NOTHING of what the "sport" is - if that's all a cheerleader does (s)he's NOT an athlete - do the other stuff, and there's no argument that they are).

I had a friend get her knee cap busted playing soccer... Just had her leg in the wrong spot at the wrong time, the other girl's plat foot slipped and she spun mid-kick and wound up kicking my friend in the knee full-on... It sounded gross and painful all the way back in the stands. After cringing and grasping my knee (I've hurt mine once or twice bad enough to require orthroscopic surgery - yes, a cheerleading injury! ) and I about wanted to cry for her... It hurt just seeing it happen.

Rugby is just silly to me... I've seen the fools that play out in the winter on the river in town here before... It's a hard game to follow at first - getting the gist of the rules I mean... It's harder to understand why someone would want to run around like that in the snow on ice at -20 degrees (F) too! *lol*

The fights, I don't mind, as long as it's not senseless and fighting just for the sake of fighting... If it's an emotional buildup and just plain irritation blowing up that fires up the crowd and team... That's cool... I think the NFL would be better off to have a fighting rule and allow some WR's and CB's (or safeties) go at it once in a while... It'd get the angst out of the players, it'd let those two who are roughing each other up all game long have a chance to get the team fired up... Why not? They're grown boys! They'd learn who and when to do it and not to...

As for NFL being wimps... I won't say that, but I will agree on some level... Run a play for 5-15 seconds... Then rest for more than that... ALL GAME LONG... One game a week (not even that when you add in the bye week)!? You call that a tough schedule?! NHL playoffs have them beat hands down... They play minimum of 16 games (to win the Stanley Cup) in fewer weeks than the entire NFL season takes! And it could be up to 28 games! That's a LOT tougher a playoffs! Especially as hockey can be argued as a tougher game than (American) football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
You take that back !

JK

I know what you mean, there are certain players who fit your description, but not all. There are some great guys in the NBA, total team players. Plus, sometimes its fun to watch one guy with a good supporting cast dominate the league (see Michael Jeffrey Jordan ).
College (most) and women's basketball tends to be a more team-oriented game and those aren't too bad I guess... Still, too much scoring, IMHO, and their fouls seem so subjective and don't make any sense half the time... I mean, why is it that Shaq can knock over a guy just standing there and get away with it, but other players get in trouble for that? And HOW does a person standing in front of you EVER get a foul for just being plain run over?! Do they really just make rules to force you to NOT play solid defense!?

NBA is the "Ego ball" game, almost exclusively, from what I've seen... Too many times I've seen where a player on a team has 40+ points, fewer assists than he's got fingers on one hand (if he can even count that high - the college graduation and reading comp. tests for BBall players is atrocious!)... and what a shock, his team LOST.... Like duh! You've got at least 4 other players on the team with you at all times you jerk! You see this in all sports, I know, but it just seems so much more common and more extreme in BBall...

But yes, I know there's some classy players (MJ and Larry Bird come to mind - anyone in the last, oh I don't know 5-10 years?)

That, and (on a strictly personal interest/participation note) there's no reason for there to even to have cheerleaders at the games.. other than to be there to get run over by sweaty oafs stumbling all over the place (and fans pay more for those first few rows of seats to be included in that really gross and dangerous "fun"?!) I mean, we sit there and get all stiff and sore from the horrid way we sit on the uncomfortable floor and the breaks are too short to do anything... and in pros they (like in all sports these days, sadly - which is why I won't do cheering after college (and only there if I get a scholarship to do it - it's just something to do and b/c my bf plays football, so I have an excuse to almost never miss a game) - they're dressed like their uni's came from Victoria's Secret or something! Um... No thank you! I've got dignity and self respect.)...

but I guess we should try to get this back on topic before someone comes to beat us with the "ban hammer" like a whack-a-mole game or something.

Last edited by CinnamonPixie; 05-23-2009 at 11:39 PM..
Old 05-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

wow guys, remind me how the badass level of sports relates to how ya'll discovered Alizee?

hahahaa, i kid!

Old 05-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Im a 100% Sone

The best part is playing in the snow with just short sleaves, shorts, cleats, and shin-guards lol, it may be -20 degrees but when your on the field your moving and running all the time and the adrenaline pumping you dont realize its that cold lol. But I have to say playing in the rain is fun, frustrating and painfull. Fun because, come on its rain its always fun to play in the rain . Frustrating because the water on the ground slows dwn ur power kicks, and iv had it happen when i shot the dam ball it passed the goaly and instead of bouncing in the goal of he ground it just stop lol right dead in its tack like couple inches from actualy gonig in the goal. painfull are hte dam slide tackles, that is the way i got my knee f-ed up. The guy didnt know how to do it properly missed hte ball compleatly and rose his leg up instead of keeping it down and went right behind my knee cap. i was saying nice stuff to him aftere that lol.

Yeah wasabi idk waht happened lol it switched inot sport section ahahaha. Yeah cheearleaders are one crazy bunch (no offense) but being thrown into teh air that hight no thanks lol, everytime I see that im woundering are they gona catch her lol. But dam are those gorls flexible, again not meaning dirty thoughts Sorry.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

hahahaa, that's understandable.

as a matter of fact, heres my thoughts:

if you want some fun getting hurt/hurting other people, take up some form of martial arts other than Kung Fu.
now that's fun stuff. kicking the crap outta your friends? what's more entertaining than THAT?

Old 05-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Im a 100% Sone

if anything ill probzbly consider doing krav-mata. Israely defense. Good if ur facing some with a weapons and ur bare handed.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Jolie Fée Princesse

Quote:
The best part is playing in the snow with just short sleaves, shorts, cleats, and shin-guards lol, it may be -20 degrees but when your on the field your moving and running all the time and the adrenaline pumping you dont realize its that cold lol.
Um, sure... Ok... It doesn't take much to make me cold. Any cool breeze just tickling its way across my legs and I'm done!
Days when it's really windy out (a cool wind, of course) I HAVE to wear leggings or tights (and shorts ) to try and keep a little warmer since I don't wear a lot of close fitting or tight skirts and dresses (too confining feeling - same reason I wear mostly skirts and dresses to begin with).

Quote:
But I have to say playing in the rain is fun, frustrating and painfull. Fun because, come on its rain its always fun to play in the rain . Frustrating because the water on the ground slows dwn ur power kicks, and iv had it happen when i shot the dam ball it passed the goaly and instead of bouncing in the goal of he ground it just stop lol right dead in its tack like couple inches from actualy going in the goal.
Oh that stinks! Reminds me of the time I lost that bet with my bf (before we were officially "going steady") over what Halloween costume idea we'd go with... I threw a prayer of a shot up, we were playing basketball - whichever of us was leading when his watch timer (set to 30 min) went off would win - as I heard the beeping alerting us it was in the final seconds... I was losing by two points... My shot, if good, was going to be a 3-pt shot. Well, it stuck between the hoop and the backboard! Just wedged right in there like a doorstop between the door and the floor... THAT SUCKED!

Quote:
Yeah wasabi idk waht happened lol it switched inot sport section ahahaha. Yeah cheearleaders are one crazy bunch (no offense) but being thrown into the air that hight no thanks lol, everytime I see that im woundering are they gonna catch her lol. But dam are those gorls flexible, again not meaning dirty thoughts Sorry.
Um... uh... wow...
Ok, serious now... It's alright. I knew what you meant (or, I hoped I knew what you meant and was going to assume I was right anyway). We "flyers" (that's what they call us girls that get tossed up in the air so we zip around like Tinkerbell ) aren't crazy. We're just braver than you big strong scaredy-cat boys. Whenever I hear a boy say something like that I just want to (and often do) tease them by offering them one of my frilly skirts to wear.

And yes, flexibility IS a requirement for REAL cheerleading (and I guess for the silly sidelines stuff too, but nowhere near as much).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
wow guys, remind me how the badass level of sports relates to how ya'll discovered Alizee?

hahahaa, i kid!
It's his fault. I'm innocent... Just cute, sweet, and innocent. I would never do anything like hijacking or derailing a forum thread unless I coerced or duped into it... So it has to be Srbski-kralj's fault!

I don't know what triggered it, off hand, to be honest... It could be my fault... My on-topic story DID more or less start with me being approached while in my cheerleading uniform... And I'm sure you know how one pretty girl can ruin the concentration and focus of a room full silly boys! (The same way one really cute boy can take the breath away from a room full of girls, ruining any hope they had of keeping focused, eh?)

Last edited by CinnamonPixie; 05-24-2009 at 02:54 AM..