Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Hey! Anybody here know who wrote this?? URGENT!!!

Hey, gang. As many of you know, we've been bombarding the ChartsInFrance website with our brief comments for a few days now. AND THEY CAN'T BELIEVE IT. The only problem? Many of our comments are so brief and so simple, many of the French readers there are also NOT BELIEVING that we're really Americans!! Go figure!!! (To help dispel their doubts, one of our allies there suggests that we should try to be LESS understandable to the other French. So now feel free to use longer words, longer sentences, and slang terms that they would never have learned in school or from our American movies. I'll try to post more on this subject elsewhere...)

IN ANY CASE -

SOMEBODY OVER THERE HELPING WITH THIS ONSLAUGHT FOUND THIS BIT OF A POST, AND THEY WANT TO QUOTE IT. BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHO WROTE IT! I thought it sounded really familiar, & thought I'd read it here. But I'm coming up dry... then Edcognito suggested we try this. (thx, Ed)

WHO WROTE THIS (below) ???? If it was you, or you know who, or you think you have an idea who it might have been, please respond! If you're not sure, that's okay. You can even PM me your ideas...

okay, here's an excerpt
"Having been a professional musician for many decades, and having done session work in NYC, Nashville, Boston, Florida and other places, I have heard so much music, mostly from either America or Great Britain and was getting tired of what was being played on the radio.

Then a friend of mine from Europe told me about Alizée and said "Why don't you try listening to some of her music". That was all it took for me.

I was never much interested in France, because I was doing other things. However, after listening to Alizée, I became interested in Alizée's music, history, and then, after signing up for this forum, everything I could find out about France, as well. Now I listen to Alizée (and some other French artists, when I want a slight change of pace) to the total exclusion of everything else, except the music I am hired to learn and play.

Look familiar to anyone? Any leads as to the identity of the mystery author? Thanks in advance, Chuck.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I think that's probably C-4
I've read posts of his that were similar. My compliments to the gentleman, btw.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Default Fallo, you da man!!!

Fall06, you're right, all right! It was C-4, 7-29-08. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, C-4 is a great Alizée fan and a very experienced musician. His opinion carries a lot of weight. The fact that we have a number of musicians here that respect Alizée's abilities is a good endorsement for her that she should be taken seriously.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Wait, what?! They don't believe we're really American? (Well OK...in my case, they're actually correct, but...)

How utterly bizarre! What possible motive would we have for lying? Especially since so many of us are including the site's name and/or url in our messages... like, hi! We're pretty obviously a real thing, here...!

Weird!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Apparently they think Alizée's small group of dedicated French fans are posing as Americans to generate more buzz. Yet they're unwilling to check us out, even though we've given them the url here. Or if they have checked us out, they are unwilling to go back and leave a comment stating that they were mistaken.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:40 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Red face Nous? Difficile à croire? Non!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Wait, what?! They don't believe we're really American? (Well OK...in my case, they're actually correct, but...)

How utterly bizarre! What possible motive would we have for lying? Especially since so many of us are including the site's name and/or url in our messages... like, hi! We're pretty obviously a real thing, here...!

Weird!
Yeah, Ruro, I know, it's totally weird. But it seems a LOT more French people know English than the other way around. So while we've been trying to keep our language simple and our messages short, that's been working against us. (Some have even suggested that our American postings could've been written by a French second grader! Oww!!)

Who'd have predicted that? To make matters worse, the French are, by nature, a lot more guarded, skeptical, and suspicious of foreigners than we are*. (They were invaded a couple times last siècle, y'know.) And they also find it very hard to believe that their "homegrown" talent could actually be making waves all around the world.

I look at it this way - Before Bob Marley, who would have ever believed that the whole world would go nuts over Jamaican music? Yes, I am suggesting Lilly could be France's Bob. Better hair, though.

Oh yeah, back on track -
Hey, the game is still on! You can still post your comments of support in France! Just click either of the links on my sig! Or Both! Only now, DON'T try to keep it short or simple. Use your best, newest, sickest slang until they don't know which side is up.

* If it sounds like I'm spouting prejudices out my a$$ here, well my neighbor's from France, his wife's from Wisc., and our kids go to school together and play together. And he's been helping me with my French, too! But I'm not quoting from his take on the French -- rather, hers.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey, the game is still on! You can still post your comments of support in France! Just click either of the links on my sig! Or Both! Only now, DON'T try to keep it short or simple. Use your best, newest, sickest slang until they don't know which side is up.
OK, I've done my bit for queen and country, hopefully without managing to pour gasoline on the fire, so to speak...

Still, so very bizarre. It's sort of comforting in a way, though, to know that trolls in internet comment threads are consistent in any language. It kinda proves that our cultures really aren't that far apart...
Old 02-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking hahaha

my most recent post:

I just want to say that Lilly is the most tantalizing, jaw-dropping, and bangin person I've ever met yaoh. I get a sense of security and LA-Z-BOY-couch-comfort when she gives "the wink", "the "stick-my-tounge-out-at-you"", and "the "I-have-such-a-nice-bod-so-let-me-twirl-for-you"". She is just such an amazing person with a genuine personality. And I'd have to say I love when she gives the "uhhh!" every 2secs like in I'm Fed Up. Les Collines is such an inspiring song....haha repping the AAm!!!

Je veux juste dire que Lilly est le plus alléchant, jaw-dropping, et par personne bangin que j'aie jamais rencontré Yaoh. Je me procurer un sentiment de sécurité et LA-Z-BOY-lit de confort quand elle donne "le clin d'oeil", "le bâton"-my-Tounge-out-à-vous "", ou "le" I-have-tels -a-nice-bod-so-let-me-Twirl-for-you ". Elle est juste une telle personne étonnante avec une personnalité authentique. Et je dois dire que j'ai l'amour quand elle donne l'uhhh "!" chaque 2secs comme dans I'm Fed Up. Les Collines est telle une chanson d'inspiration .... haha repping l'AAM!

-Aaronius31
-AlizeeAmerica.com member
Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

Lol this is fun recent post "Alizee music is really amazing actually listnening ive been to her for 4 years now and im 12 its really soothing to my taste and it has gotten me through hard times ... me as an artist its calms my hand at drawing and makes the lines smoother "

Tags
chartsinfrance.fr