Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation "The Hair Episode", AAm LIVE chat party, Sunday May 31 2009, 1pm PST/4pm EST!

Hello Lilly Town people! Like the thread title says, AAm's next Ventrilo server chat party is now scheduled for next Sunday, May 31 at 1pm PST, 4pm EST.

By popular demand, this one is going to be a non-commentary chat, and will likely be a little more free-form than most. Rather than watching a video, we'll simply be having a casual roundtable discussion that's very similar to what we do here on the forums: pick a springboard topic, bat it back and forth for awhile, and let the conversation take us wherever it goes.

And what's the springboard topic going to be? I'm glad you asked! Because as I've often threatened since we started these...

Quote:
Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: The many hairstyles of Alizée, as discussed and debated by a handful of ostensibly heterosexual males. This has the potential to be a double episode.
(Yes, I expect this to be a very silly episode. No, I don't expect we'll wind up talking about hair the entire time...or will we? )

Once again, I must give you all a little bit of Alizée homework for this one: a hairstyle scavenger hunt! We'd like to compile a lil' gallery of sorts for reference during the episode. Anyone who wants to help us out by posting a reference photo or two below will earn themselves a very shiny gold star! (Let's just try not to duplicate, OK? Much as I know everybody loves it, we don't need 100 photos of the JEAM hair from different angles... )

Thanks as always, guys. Hope to see everybody there!

---

"How do I join?" you ask?

It's actually pretty easy. All you need is a headset & mic (or just a mic and your computer speakers), and to download the Ventrilo client. Then you configure a few settings (really easy to do), connect to the server, and you're off to the races.

Click here to read a really easy-to-follow tutorial that Tomtentp wrote up about it, complete with screenshots! Or just watch the video below!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The settings for the Vent server that Jung has set up for AAm are as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
new vent server information

Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798

it is up and running
Once you're in, all you have to do is click on the 'Video Commentary' room to join, and press the left CTRL key to talk!

Questions? Concerns? Problems setting up or connecting to Vent? Go ahead and ask below!

Thanks guys! Hope to see everybody there!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:58 AM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Anyone who wants to help us out by posting a reference photo or two below will earn themselves a very shiny gold star! (Let's just try not to duplicate, OK? Much as I know everybody loves it, we don't need 100 photos of the JEAM hair from different angles... )
Jackpot ! I made these ages ago, and I never thought I'd actually find a use for them :

Sorry for any heart-attacks I induced . Anyway, I won't be joining the chat (as usual), because
a) I'm kind of shy
b) I'm too lazy to set up all that crap
c) I'm a junior and have a butt-load (yes, not a crap-load, not a sh*t-load, a BUTT-load ) of final exams, SATs, and end-of-the-year stuff to study for.

I'd much rather just listen to the track afterwards.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
Jackpot ! I made these ages ago, and I never thought I'd actually find a use for them :

Sorry for any heart-attacks I induced . Anyway, I won't be joining the chat (as usual), because
a) I'm kind of shy
b) I'm too lazy to set up all that crap
c) I'm a junior and have a butt-load (yes, not a crap-load, not a sh*t-load, a BUTT-load ) of final exams, SATs, and end-of-the-year stuff to study for.

I'd much rather just listen to the track afterwards.
You won't be joining the chat as usual because:
a.) You don't want to try to gain any self-confidence in the e-community
b.) You don't feel like telling your best friend or a family member to set up vent for you.
c.) You're not confident in your abilities to wing and B.S. tests and trust in your perception of memory and use of common sense in examinations.

You better be there when I finally persuade Ruro to get a bloody metalizée-cast started.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:17 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
SWEET JEEBUS, sir! A winner is you! Thanks!

You really should come out for one of these once your finals are done, mavs. In fact, I'm going to have to insist on it. I think you'd have a good time!

Barrett, metalizee is definitely in the cards, soon! Just let me get through your and Ben's listening recommendations first. I want to be able to contribute to the discussion a little, at least!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:31 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
You better be there when I finally persuade Ruro to get a bloody metalizée-cast started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Barrett, metalizee is definitely in the cards, soon! Just let me get through your and Ben's listening recommendations first. I want to be able to contribute to the discussion a little, at least!
I would get my mic problem figured out for such a topic or just find a new one

Old 05-25-2009, 06:22 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

man that collage is awesome .. great work!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:29 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Nice, now put them in chronological order.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 05-25-2009, 06:30 PM
M'alizee

indeed. very cute all
Old 05-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Wow, this should be an interesting if not slightly embarrassing podcast lol, we definitely need to get some of the ladies in the community to start joining us so podcast like these don't seem as odd. Now is a good time ladies, get a mic, please lol. Anyway I should be there, but I have plans so I may only be there for an hour to hour and a half, depends on how long you guys go on this podcast.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:53 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Wow nice collage. That's going on my desktop now. Argh! but now I must (re)move all my icons.

Merci Fanny

Tags
chat party, podcast