Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Thats pretty cool and interesting Karlalizee that a local radio staion played some of Alizee's music. And we can see the results that occuered after playing it; your friends got interested and wanted to listen more to Alizee and even threw out an Alizee party! cool! Just think how many others in that city also wanted to know aboout the new songs playing at the radio.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

yea, my friend was having a party and i told him i was gonna bring all of my Alizee albums.. he told me, and i quote "forget man, it's a party. you go enjoy the french chick by yourself in the corner."

Old 06-29-2009, 05:29 PM

And you're still friends with this guy!! Well dude there are all kinds of people in this world, some people are just closed minded towards hearing, experiencing new things. Sucks for him that he doesn't hsve the privilage of enjoying life with Alizee. XD
Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex405687 View Post
And you're still friends with this guy!! Well dude there are all kinds of people in this world, some people are just closed minded towards hearing, experiencing new things. Sucks for him that he doesn't hsve the privilage of enjoying life with Alizee. XD
I KNOW! funny thing is.. he's actually French! :P

Old 06-29-2009, 06:38 PM

WTF! how could this be!!!! this is insane! WOW! well this is how some people are closed to new things. WOW this is very surprising how a French would say such a thing to one of France's most succesful artist in their music history. But o well this doesn't change plans we will still do our part to promote her in America! XD
Old 06-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

I had a very similar experience. One of my best friends is French and when he saw Alizee's music in my iTunes, he said "why do you listen to this crap, this song is like, ten years old!" (he was talking about Moi...Lolita and this happened in late 2007) He is the only person I know who's heard of her and he didnt like her.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex405687 View Post
But o well this doesn't change plans we will still do our part to promote her in America! XD
hellz yeah! im not exactly one who cares much of what others think about me as long as i believe in it. especially my friends, im sure they're just messing with me, but eh, who cares when i have Alizee?

edit: soo.. about them t-shirts? I am honest to god excited to get working on them!

Last edited by wasabi622; 07-25-2009 at 11:19 PM..
Old 06-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Since Alizee has a strong Mexican fan base; and since many Mexicans have migrated to the USA, I would imagine a high percentage of them would be aware of Alizee. So earlier this year I suggested a "... method to promote Alizee is to contact Latino radio stations in the USA...". See my forum post earlier this year.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...973#post127973
I am a new fan in Orlando FL. I just discover her mabey 90 days ago. Ever since I tell everyone, I give out demo cd, I send video links, I talk to record storesetc.... But this news is encouraging,,, since Scruffy began the radio ads in Boston, I was inspired to call requests in to 2 Orlando stations that would play her music. The feedback I recieved was a mix of good and bad. The good, they have been recieving requests for Alizée for quite some time now and have heard of her. The bad news was this, they are NOT ALLOWED to honor her requests by MGMT untill a US album is released. I like this suggestion a lot Latin radio stations in Orlando!!!!!!! I think Alizée has been heard of here due to the large latin community esp those who have immigrated from Mexico. Actually, if my memory ever serves me correctly a young Mexican man at a construction jobsite several years ago was trying to tell me about her. The language barrier and the fact that I had no computer caused me to blow it off, however passionate he was in his telling me of her. But now I can thank him too. Because I have become a very ardent Alizée fan. I will begin my quest to request Alizée on some Latin stations.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
yea, my friend was having a party and i told him i was gonna bring all of my Alizee albums.. he told me, and i quote "forget man, it's a party. you go enjoy the french chick by yourself in the corner."

My boss said that if he wanted to go to sleep instead of work then I should play Alizée. Im the one who has the tune box at work. So I played her when he left. And several times when he came back she was on and I turned it up anyway. And when the next comment hit it went something like this outta my mouth," You get to a certain age and you know what you like whether anyone else likes it or not." Won his respect. Dont say nuthin to me when I get in the Alizée mood anymore. Wasabi dont let the fakers and the haters ever get to you.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 06-17-2010 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Yup sure will I'll try and get the word out as best I can.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
I had a very similar experience. One of my best friends is French and when he saw Alizee's music in my iTunes, he said "why do you listen to this crap, this song is like, ten years old!" (he was talking about Moi...Lolita and this happened in late 2007) He is the only person I know who's heard of her and he didnt like her.
What that's crazy I don't know anybody persnolay who likes or doesn't like Alizée.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

He acually said that that's pretty harsh for someone to say.Some people just need to keep things to themselves sometimes. Hey if I were you I would of brought them still.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494

Last edited by Marquis<3Alizée; 07-01-2010 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-14-2010, 01:07 AM

Though recently my activity level in Lilly Town has been low.. the only thing that I can think of doing is probably joining the French club back at college and try to get some of them interested. There's not enough interest to start an Alizée club, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée View Post

He acually said that that's pretty harsh for someone to say.Some people just need to keep things to themselves sometimes. Hey if I were you I would of brought them still.
Hahaa, well I had them on me, but I just blasted them in my car on my way there. (He needed a ride. )

Though now that I've calmed down a bit and I'm no longer in everyone's face about it, they've all accepted my fandom of Alizée, and some of them even.. well, somewhere between tolerate and like, whatever that may be, her.

Success??

Tags
alizee, america, promote