Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-14-2010, 05:10 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road
Default Is Alizée America Dying?

Ok, first, don't freak. I put that title as an attention grabber. But as I said in another thread, I have been watching the newest member thing like a hawk. For all of March, we usually had 2-5 members joining a day. But towards the end, and in April so far, we have 1 or no new users per day on average. This worries me a bit. It should worry you guys too. We need to let people know that we are here and stll relevant. After the interviews with Scruffy and Alizée herself concerning this site, you would think we would have an influx of members to some degree. But it is the oppisite. Since I have been here, a few people have left, and many more are becoming less active by the day. From reading through old threads, it seemed there were about 100 active members here at a given time. But judging from thread responses, we have at most 60. What is being done differently? We have to get our names out there. Voting on hitweb is no longer enough. Any ideas?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Honestly, in my opinion, we have been very active recently. I mean, lots of active newcomers, such as your self and aaroniu, doctv, and many others.
Back when I first joined, there were just the older guys that were active like Barrett, Jung, Jalen, Sbrski, and FRA. Not to mention, some of the older members have seemed to return to the forum as well, such as Plaz and Ross.

I wouldn't be too caught up in new members joining, I think we should just hope that members already signed up would become more active. I mean, we have over a thousand members, and not even a fraction of them are actually active.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:27 PM

That's one thing I looked through. We have hundreds of member who joined, signed in once, and never posted. I figured we would at least get some members from af or other country specific forums. Once they saw we chosen to have a private autograph session, they should have been curious enough to visit. I would have been. We need to really start working hard, not just for Alizée, but for us, too. If she did come to the states for a tour, there almost certainly wouldn't be enough people to attend. We have to make sure that when she breaks into America, she will have enough support for it not to be considered a failure. That way she will continue here.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Ok, first, don't freak. I put that title as an attention grabber. But as I said in another thread, I have been watching the newest member thing like a hawk. For all of March, we usually had 2-5 members joining a day. But towards the end, and in April so far, we have 1 or no new users per day on average. This worries me a bit. It should worry you guys too. We need to let people know that we are here and stll relevant. After the interviews with Scruffy and Alizée herself concerning this site, you would think we would have an influx of members to some degree. But it is the oppisite. Since I have been here, a few people have left, and many more are becoming less active by the day. From reading through old threads, it seemed there were about 100 active members here at a given time. But judging from thread responses, we have at most 60. What is being done differently? We have to get our names out there. Voting on hitweb is no longer enough. Any ideas?

Well you have noticed a good thing VVV. Maybe you feel like that because you are new to forums. It's a feature of forums dedicated to a single person. There might be a situation when people don't have much to discuss about and their activity reduces. This maybe due many factors.
External factors like a common busy week for most of the people. That causes a temporary, short term inactivity. If it is so, then there is nothing to worry about. It gets over soon.
Second factor maybe that members do not get new topics to discuss. Artists may be idle in those days and not doing much. That also leads to inactivity from members till something new happens. Now that is a serious issue if it is so in case of AA because it's been only 2 weeks after release of her album and if we are not getting enough topics to discuss, then it means that things are not good. She should always be in discussions in these times. This might be because there are only interviews and most of us here are not interested in those. Main reasons : most of the members are English speaking and most of interviews are more or less same. They start from same topic, go through similar questions in all of them and end at same point. Usually the answers are same too. This is time when there must have been huge promotions of her album going on everywhere. But she didn't got slots on TV for that and said that she don't need TV and radio stations to promote her. But I don't agree with it fully. She needs those media too for her promotion in France. Lack of that kind of promotion may be reason for the dismal show of album there.
What we should do in such situations. First hope that things happen soon on its own in the future and we should initiate things by our self. We need to promote her as much as we can. Some of us here are trying to do so, to be specific, Scruffy and doc have taken steps, we got to support them more. We need more inputs from the young enthusiastic AAmers.
This forum has witnessed all kind of days and it won't die.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:34 PM

Yeah, that's actually what I saw too. The great majority of the members here have never actually posted anything, and even more have less than 100 posts. I'm not saying that posts count for everything, but just pointing out that they're not participating in much.

I don't know how exactly we can work for us I mean, we can attract more fans for Alizée and hope that they join this forum, but to raise awareness of just ourselves and have people join seems pointless.

If she did announce that she was going to go on tour here in the US, then I'm sure people would be more motivated on the forum, old and new.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:40 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

This is not unique to this forum. Many forums have hundreds, if not thousands, of people who just want to get information and do not really wish to post. Take a look at how many visitors there are at any given time, I suspect many are members who are not logged in. I could be mistaken. Even right now there are 18 members and 55 guests here.

Last edited by MYGOGT; 04-14-2010 at 05:42 PM..
Old 04-14-2010, 05:50 PM

Simply by promoting ourselves we are promoting Alizée. All these one-timers, they are discouraging to me. It shows we are still alive, but I think we need to try to show a bit more assertiveness. Or maybe a bit more openness. Show we care about new members. That is why I go to each new users' page and say welcome. We have to show we accept anybody here. Even if they don't like Alizée as much, they may still become active. I had hoped the AAm autograph session would that instigator, but it wasn't. Tons of old members came back. The well informed know that we broke a record for members online with the sign up. Only two of the people online at that time were so called 'snipers'. But afterwards, after a few promised to be more actve, they just left again. Sometimes I think we are too single-mnded about Alizée, other times it seems she is not the main, or even a primary focus of this forum. Forums require posting to stay around, that is th point of them. So how can we make it more inviting?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Simply by promoting ourselves we are promoting Alizée. All these one-timers, they are discouraging to me. It shows we are still alive, but I think we need to try to show a bit more assertiveness. Or maybe a bit more openness. Show we care about new members. That is why I go to each new users' page and say welcome. We have to show we accept anybody here. Even if they don't like Alizée as much, they may still become active. I had hoped the AAm autograph session would that instigator, but it wasn't. Tons of old members came back. The well informed know that we broke a record for members online with the sign up. Only two of the people online at that time were so called 'snipers'. But afterwards, after a few promised to be more actve, they just left again. Sometimes I think we are too single-mnded about Alizée, other times it seems she is not the main, or even a primary focus of this forum. Forums require posting to stay around, that is th point of them. So how can we make it more inviting?
Just that. I mean, as you might have noticed, there are a lot of threads here dedicated to other artists... mainly various kpop girl bands(I'm sort of guilty of this one too.. Lee Hyori! Though she's not in a girl band. )

I suppose we are being more inviting by having threads about other artists and topics too, rather than just about Alizée. We can't be too narrow minded and just discuss Alizée.

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "snipers"?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:10 PM

That day, two people joined within moments of the announcement, asked for a cd, and have not been back since. They were probably lurkers, who said 'hey, I want one, and I deserve it more than anybody who joined this forum with the sole intent of discussing Alizée with other likewise minded fans!'. But yeah, the off topic threads are great, but we really need something to make people want to join. I have no ideas yet, though I will keep trying.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Then look at other forums and see what they do to attract people. But many people, as MYGOGT, only come for the sole purpose of finding information. It is the same with almost any type of site that provides news. The one difference with this forum than most others that I've been on is that it is small enough to cause discussion among the community but big enough to try & make a splash. If you go to some of the bigger forums, it's very hard to create discussion because people end up just replying to the first post.

So I think the forum is fine how it is. Yeah, it would be nice to have more members and it does seem like there is a decline in activity (Solely my opinion, seeing as I'm on here seemingly 25/8), but quite honestly the environment here is better than other forums (Won't say any names...>_>).

Just my opinion, though.