Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée now in the French Library in Boston

Hey everyone - though you should know...

Scruffy gave me an extra CD and I presented it to the librarian at French Library in the French Cultural Center in Boston on Marlborough Street. I am a member there. I explained to the librarian that the CD was purchased at an autograph signing (pointing to the signature in side) in Paris a couple of weeks ago. I explained that Lily is a Corsican born singer very well known in Europe but not so much here, and this was an effort to make her music available here in the US. Also French x-pats who know Lily may now have an opportunity to borrow her latest album. The librarian was quite pleased and said that the donation was a very generous gesture. They make periodic announcements of new materials in the collection and I am hoping the CD will show up there. I will keep and eye out.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I was kind of concerned about how safe a cd or dvd would be with an organization like this, but being familiar with their operation, Dan reassured me that what ever I gave them would be carefully looked after. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I will be donating a copy of Les Enfoires 2013 to this center and after talking to Dan, I decided to order a copy of MCE and Gourmandises to donate as well. Maybe I will ask to have a sticker placed on the inside saying "article donated by David Hardy of Boston. For more information about Alizee, please contact him at dh777@comcast.net." That way we might get some feed back when people borrow these items.

Edit:

Now I had mentioned before I went to France that I would donate 5 L.E. dvds to similar organisations as this cultural center in Boston, as well as sending 10 cds to radio statins. Now I was meaning to do that if the cds were personalized. Now they weren't and I had told FNAC that I was only going to buy the cds if they were autographed. So Alizee as a part of the condition of the sale, had to autograph them, but did not personalize them which I think goes against the original intent of my offer, but I will still do what I said I would do before, because I still try and promote her in different ways and I still owe her big time for what she has done for my life.

So if any one knows of similar outfits as the French cultural center in Boston, or of any French or French/English radio statins in their area, please let me know.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-29-2013 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-29-2013, 10:16 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, I can bring in whatever else you want to donate. I suggest putting on the label with the specific wording yourself. Less chance for error that way. Each item is catalogued on computer, and everything loaned out is tracked with email reminder memos to the borrower. Late returns are fined. You have to be a member of the library to borrow, so the chances are very good that whatever is donated will not get lost.

Edit:

Scruffy, There is an active French Club at the Wakefield, MA Library. The fellow running it is named Jeff and is a Francophile and works at that library as one of the librarians. You can reach him at: frenchclub-request@noblenet.org

Last edited by DannyMac524; 04-29-2013 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac524 View Post
Scruffy, I can bring in whatever else you want to donate. I suggest putting on the label with the specific wording yourself. Less chance for error that way. Each item is catalogued on computer, and everything loaned out is tracked with email reminder memos to the borrower. Late returns are fined. You have to be a member of the library to borrow, so the chances are very good that whatever is donated will not get lost.

Edit:

Scruffy, There is an active French Club at the Wakefield, MA Library. The fellow running it is named Jeff and is a Francophile and works at that library as one of the librarians. You can reach him at: frenchclub-request@noblenet.org
Do they have a similar music library?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

That's great that you guys are donating this stuff to your local library whether they be French cultural centers or not.

More people should know about Alizee and the lovely country of France.