Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

On my response to Johanna, I said that we will be ready to make the purchase towards the end of December. I also told her that the participants would be members of AAm. She already knows we got the name of her store from Blanche at Chez Paulo. In my opinion, the chances of Chonchon not delivering what they said they would be minimal to none. Johanna did offer to attach a card to the gift with our names - I didn't ask for that.

The only thing I would feel comfortable about asking Johanna to do is to send a note that the gift certificate was picked up. I have toyed with the idea of seeing if she would snap a photo of the gift along with the card, saying that we would post it on our web site and identifying Chonchon as the store we purchased it from. She "might" go for this because it gives the store some free publicity. Asking for anything further, like a picture of her handing it to Alizee, is too much in my opinion.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
On my response to Johanna, I said that we will be ready to make the purchase towards the end of December. I also told her that the participants would be members of AAm. She already knows we got the name of her store from Blanche at Chez Paulo. In my opinion, the chances of Chonchon not delivering what they said they would be minimal to none. Johanna did offer to attach a card to the gift with our names - I didn't ask for that.

The only thing I would feel comfortable about asking Johanna to do is to send a note that the gift certificate was picked up. I have toyed with the idea of seeing if she would snap a photo of the gift along with the card, saying that we would post it on our web site and identifying Chonchon as the store we purchased it from. She "might" go for this because it gives the store some free publicity. Asking for anything further, like a picture of her handing it to Alizee, is too much in my opinion.
I think asking for a photo of the gift and the card is perfectly okay. The only problem I could see happening is maybe Alizee would not accept a gift from fans, but I think the chances of that are slim to none. It is because of that remote possibility that I'd want to contact the store at some point to make sure she did accept it. Otherwise I'd try and get the money back for our members.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:25 PM

m4thematiqu3s is on a distinguished road

Blanche from Chez Paulo is the shopkeeper's mom. Nathalie is the lady who owns and runs Chonchon.

Nathalie's daughter was dancing at PierAntoine's school and she is now at Alizee and Gregoire's studio. That's why Blanche said that her grand-daughter is dancing at their school.
At least Blanche and Nathalie were both at their wedding, Nathalie even sang a little bit if I remember it well.
Nathalie and her daughter were at the airport when Alizee came back with the DALS trophy. And so on ... it seems that they are close friends you can check her on Facebook.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:18 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4thematiqu3s View Post
Blanche from Chez Paulo is the shopkeeper's mom. Nathalie is the lady who owns and runs Chonchon.

Nathalie's daughter was dancing at PierAntoine's school and she is now at Alizee and Gregoire's studio. That's why Blanche said that her grand-daughter is dancing at their school.
At least Blanche and Nathalie were both at their wedding, Nathalie even sang a little bit if I remember it well.
Nathalie and her daughter were at the airport when Alizee came back with the DALS trophy. And so on ... it seems that they are close friends you can check her on Facebook.
Wow!!!!!....that's an amazing piece of information. Blanche had said in her message that her grand daughter was dancing at a school, but she didn't specify who's school. So Nathalie is running ChonChon? I remember Alizée and Nathalie had sung together years ago which made me hope to some day see Nathalie sing in Ajaccio. This is turning into a pretty interesting story!!!

Old 12-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4thematiqu3s View Post

That is so interesting and great to know! I feel very happy and positive about our gift plans!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Just a reminder to everyone—we’ll be taking donations until the end of December. If you’d like to donate, please send a private message to Scruffydog777. Include your e-mail or information about how you’d like to made your donation. We aren’t going to give out the amounts donated by each person. So, even if you can only contribute a few euros, please consider being a part of this very special gift for Alizée and her family!
Old 12-12-2019, 07:07 AM
Administrator

... bump ...

Trying to keep this thread visible, especially to members that may not visit the site often.

Donations are being accepted through Dec. 31 for a gift in January.

#maggyneedsclothes
Old 12-19-2019, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Hey everyone, here's another "bump" to remind you all of our gift collection donation opportunity!
Old 12-27-2019, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Just a reminder to all that there are a few days left where you can contribute towards a gift for Maggy. Contact ScruffyDog777 by private message for details. No minimum amount required and definitely no maximum.

As stated earlier in the thread, if for some reason the transaction with Chonchon is not successful, your contribution will be returned to you.

We are in the process of finalizing the details with Chonchon. Our initial contact with them was responded to by Johanna, but recent contact was with Nathalie, the owner. Hopefully everything will come together the first week or two in January.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Exclamation Last Chance to Donate and an update

I will give an update on where we stand with "Project Maggy".

There was a time in the middle of the month where we were concerned that Chonchon had closed their doors. Scruffy was not getting any response from them using Facebook, and my initial contact, Johanna, was not responding to my emails. After Christmas, I sent an email directly to their gmail account and did not use their web site "Contact" section. Nathalie (the owner) herself responded and I was pleased to find out her English is very good.

This started the ball rolling again and Nathalie was responding to both Scruffy and myself by email. She said they are having problems with their Facebook page and to use their gmail address for communication. They had closed the shop around Christmas and Johanna is on holiday. So we are now dealing directly with Nathalie and she is very confident that she will put together a nice presentation of our gift to Alizee and Greg, which includes a gift certificate and a congratulations card.

We have collected a decent sized gift already (thank you to those who have donated), but there is still time for members who have been sitting on the fence to donate. The last day for donations is unofficially New Year's Day (tomorrow) but we will not say no to donations through the end of this week. We need to let Nathalie know an amount, and we want to get that number to her next week, so we do need a cut off date. Contact Scruffy by PM to arrange a donation since he is the one collecting funds.

Now the Contragulations card -

We are letting Nathalie select a suitable card that Alizee will like. She is offering to write the contributors names on the card. This will add a nice personal touch to the gift instead of just saying it is from Alizee America. I think she will appreciate seeing real people behind it.

If you have donated, please contact Scruffy as soon as possible to let him know how you want your signature to appear. You can contact him by PM or email dh777@comcast.net.

We had suggested name and/or forum name, city/state and country but it can be any way you want. Please, no requests to be an anonymous donor because we want Alizee to see real people behind the gift. Make up a name if you have to.

We will continue posting status as it occurs.

Happy New Years to all!