Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-15-2014, 11:15 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road
Default 2014 World Cup

France played their first game today - and won 3-0 against Honduras. What a difference from 2010 (where the team imploded).

By the way, the USA plays on Monday at 6:00 PM eastern time.

Alizée has always loved futbol (soccer), as evidenced in her most recent photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post

In the caption she says "We believe." Of course, she is talking about the French team in the 2014 World Cup, which subsequently played today at 3PM eastern time, and beat Honduras 3-0. It was a great game.

By the way, did you spot that she had Gregoire wear blue, and her brother wear red, with her in the middle wearing white. She was thinking ahead. Together they represent the French flag. She is backing the team.

I love this photo.

Last edited by Rev; 06-15-2014 at 11:19 PM..
Old 06-15-2014, 11:45 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Rev

We have a World Cup and Football in general discussion going on here. Might be an idea to join up both threads??

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3805
Old 06-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

The World Cup has practically taken over the chatbox and The Association Football Thread these last few days but it does deserve it's own thread

I've correctly predicted exactly half of the match results so far :\ Not very good, but I'm hoping I'll get better with this. I've been taking part in a predictor contest by a device manager app I have. So far I haven't won anything more than a lame one month premium package

EDIT - Ya beat me to it

Also, tomorrow I'm rooting for Germany, Nigeria, and USA

Last edited by Fall; 06-15-2014 at 11:58 PM..
Old 06-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Yeah 2010 was a nightmare for us... that's what happens when you select players who earn millions a month and lack the motivation to play not just for money but for their country...

That's why this time Deschamps selected young inexperienced players, but that might turn out risky too

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-16-2014, 11:12 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
...We have a World Cup and Football in general discussion going on here. Might be an idea to join up both threads...
I wouldn't think to go looking in the Association thread for the World Cup, so others might not as well. However, the Mods. can do whatever they think best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
The World Cup has practically taken over the chatbox and The Association Football Thread these last few days but it does deserve it's own thread

I've correctly predicted exactly half of the match results so far :\ Not very good, but I'm hoping I'll get better with this. I've been taking part in a predictor contest by a device manager app I have. So far I haven't won anything more than a lame one month premium package

EDIT - Ya beat me to it

Also, tomorrow I'm rooting for Germany, Nigeria, and USA
After the game today, Germany looks like it is the team to beat.

What did people think of the USA game? I'm glad we beat Ghana (finally!), but I thought the USA team looked like they were not playing as well as they need to in order to beat Portugal. for example, their passing was not working well.

I'm sad Franck Ribéry is not playing. I was looking forward to watching him play.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
After the game today, Germany looks like it is the team to beat.

What did people think of the USA game? I'm glad we beat Ghana (finally!), but I thought the USA team looked like they were not playing as well as they need to in order to beat Portugal. for example, their passing was not working well.

I'm sad Franck Ribéry is not playing. I was looking forward to watching him play.
Germany played very well from start to finish, and Portugal suffered several setbacks. Even with Cristiano Ronaldo it's going to be very tough. Pepe really let his team down. Though dishonest, Muller did what almost any player (including Pepe) would have done, so that outburst was dumb, and having headbutted (I believe accidentally, but nevertheless) Muller in plain sight of the ref was all that was needed for a red. Not every ref would have done it, some may have simply pulled a yellow for both, but you reap what you sow.

USA started out brilliantly! Hopefully they can start their game with Portugal like that and keep it going. Today though like so many others they were noticeably running out of steam at the end. That last goal was life-saver, it could just as easily have been Ghana. I think the heat is getting to most teams, and well it gets pretty hot in the summer in the US so I would hope they aren't as affected by it as the rest.

It's a shame Ribery was injured, it was probably going to be his last World Cup anyway, he's not getting any younger. However Benzema could have had the tournament's first hat trick to his name, I think Les Bleus are still strong enough to push forward. We were all pretty disappointed with what happened last time
Old 06-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Senior Moment

P♠N is on a distinguished road

@USA

For most of the game the guys in white were really enthusiastic about shooting a lot not hitting anything.
The USA vs Ghana game felt a lot like USA vs Stormtroopers.

I almost got banned for saying that on alizeeghana.com

Anyhow, good luck vs Portugal:

And good luck vs Germany:

All joking aside, I actually think USA might do pretty well vs Germany.
Germany won vs Portugal.
Germany will win vs Ghana.
They will have no incentive to play well vs USA.
They will be careful and they will use their B-team.
It might even be a good strategic move for Germany to let USA come along and to try and eliminate Ronaldo instead.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Against The Current

Viva Memo y Mexico !

Papa Jo tweeted that early this morning ^

Indeed, it it wasn't for Ochoa, the score would resemble that of Germany - Portugal in favor of Brazil. Or, if Mexico had Brazil's accuracy it would resemble that score in favor of Mexico. Man of the match!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:23 AM
Not so serious

espi is on a distinguished road

Interesting is that Ochoa played for AC Ajaccio last season and despite his great performance they didn't do well.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Italia lost! Bye Bye cheating divers! Italy is now going out of the group stages in back to back World Cups! That has never happened to France. Thank you Uruguay for packing these cheaters and divers back home where they belong! Serves them right for bad mouthing France's Zidane. Karma is a b****. Forza Italia my a$$.

I am extremely satisfied with the results so far for both my teams (France and USA). They went above my expectations so far. I think they are performing much better than I thought especially team USA given that they are in the Group of Death. Hopefully they at least draw Germany and make to the next round.

One of the best World Cups in the last 10 - 12+ years!

And Suarez couldn't have picked a better team to bite against especially that cheating diver Chelini. ROFL.

Anyday when Italy loses is good day for all France supporters.