Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-08-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

I think its posed [im not sure whats the past tense of the verb pose]..
Old 02-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Happy Happy! :)

Moi-aimes-Alizée is on a distinguished road

Pose I would say is stripping. I think there are better words for other purposes.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:15 PM
The Presence

chrelion is on a distinguished road

Pose: transitive verb "1: to assume a posture or attitude usually for artistic purposes" -
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pose

The way it's being used here, it's not really with negative connotations.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:42 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi-aimes-Alizée View Post
Pose I would say is stripping. I think there are better words for other purposes.
In English, "pose" for a picture is often intended to convey that the picture was "staged" (as opposed to a "candid" shot, where the picture is shot without the subject deliberately preparing a whole lot).

"Reveal" is a bit less commonly used in a photographic context, but if it were, it certainly would carry more of a stripping connotation than "pose", since it refers to "taking off something to expose/reveal what's underneath".
Old 02-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

Aww what cute pictures.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:44 PM

Abstract Being is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
From what I know of French, this seems to say,

Life in Paris: Originally from Corsica, the French singing sensation poses for GENTE at the Place de la Concorde, with (while?) visiting the Tuileries Garden, one of her favorite places in the City of Lights.
Right, I'd say:

Life in Paris: Originally from Corsica, the French singing sensation poses for GENTE at the Concorde Park, in front of the Tuileries Garden ("vista" means view), one of her favorite places in the City of Lights.

I think the word "pose" is alright.

If nobody translates the rest I will, but tomorrow. The second part is hard to read I hope a better scan becomes available.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:34 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

ok this kid posted this video from Mexico Alizee

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiBKfdxSfBI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiBKfdxSfBI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

He claims Alizee is making a return visit. I dont see it on the site. what gives?? is it official??
Old 02-09-2008, 01:33 AM

penguinluvr91 is on a distinguished road

its not saying that shes making a return visit to mexico....it says she has returned and to visit the website
Old 02-09-2008, 02:26 AM

mal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinluvr91 View Post
its not saying that shes making a return visit to mexico....it says she has returned and to visit the website

me and my wishful thinking . thanks.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
"I'm not afraid of anything, except to diseases, just that could stop me from realizing my dreams".

Your a champion and have goals to reach, like everyone, Today which are your greatest fears?
-I'm not afraid of anything, except to diseases, just that could stop me from realizing my dreams.

Which is your mayor weakness?
-Candies! I am a gourmand of the worst thing. Everytime i enter into a candy store i always end up with a big candy bag... It should make me feel embarrassed! (Laughs). Mu favorites are the gomitas [ok i couldnt find a word to translate gomitas.. so i will just leave a link of a pic of gomitas],
especially the bears covered with chocolate.

How was it like during the process of making Psychédélices?
-I started thinking about what i wanted for my new album, i asked myself who i wanted to work with, who agreed and it took us like 2 years to make the album.

In this album you adopt styles from The Cure or Bjork, How did you decide to separate from Pop?
-I wanted to make something that wasn't to different, but something that made me evolve and with music that i like, like the Cure, Matmos, The Neptunes and the Killers.

In the end your a girl more like a rocker...
-Yes, thats true, on the album you will find more Rock and other sounds like Electronic and Hip Hop. on Psychédélices i added different universes i like. I tried to make the happiest album possible [don't worry babe its the happiest album i've seen and heard ] and with many fantasies. There are even references from the movie Alice in Wonderland and movies from Tim Burton that, i love so much, have an influence on me.

The way to be a star is easier when you rise from a television program
Everything depends. It's a luck to be on a program that tells people your there, but it's important to never stop working and never be offguard.

How did you find out you were famous in Mexico?
-Around 6 months ago i was surfing throught the Internet and i found out i was welcomed in Mexico and that they liked my music. Since then i been getting lots of messages from fans of there. I found myself surprised, to be honest i'm really happy and can't wait to go to Mexico. Sometimes i go to other countries just to work and i come back, this has make me feel really frustrated because i cant visit anything, but i hope it's different with Mexico.

Which has been the most satisfactory moment of your career?
-I think it was the first time i was on the Olimpya stage on Paris with all my crew, i was really proud.

Which is the dream you still haven't been able to do?
-I think it's to meet Madonna and one day, why not? sing with her (laughs)

Gomitas:
http://www.alimentacion-sana.com.ar/...s2/gomitas.jpg