Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Beliefs are dangerous.
Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead.
Believe in Nothing.

- Tool
Old 06-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

My english teacher made me watch this speech a couple of months ago and it turned out to be the most inspiring speech I have ever heard.

Please take 15 mins of your time and watch this.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UF8uR6Z6KLc&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UF8uR6Z6KLc&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

The point of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
-General Patton

HOOAH!

Old 06-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
My english teacher made me watch this speech a couple of months ago and it turned out to be the most inspiring speech I have ever heard.
That's funny, in my speech class I often talked about Steve Jobs and how he is a great speaker and I even got the teacher to show some of his videos to the class. I have watched the commencement speech a number of times, it is very inspiring. I have a lot of respect for Steve Jobs and I definitely look up to him, I try to live by his example.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:38 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

The One Flaw In Women ~

Women have strengths that amaze men. They bear hardships and carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy. They smile when they want to scream. They sing when they want to cry. They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous. They fight for what they believe in. They stand up to injustice. They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution. They go without so their family can have. They go to the doctor with a frightened friend. They love unconditionally. They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards. They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding. Their hearts break when a friend dies. They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left. They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart. Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care. The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning. They bring joy, hope and love. They have compassion. They give moral support to their family and friends. Women have vital things to say and everything to give. However if there is one flaw in women, it is that they forget their worth ;-(

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 09-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned

Sting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
The One Flaw In Women ~

Women have strengths that amaze men. They bear hardships and carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy. They smile when they want to scream. They sing when they want to cry. They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous. They fight for what they believe in. They stand up to injustice. They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution. They go without so their family can have. They go to the doctor with a frightened friend. They love unconditionally. They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards. They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding. Their hearts break when a friend dies. They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left. They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart. Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care. The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning. They bring joy, hope and love. They have compassion. They give moral support to their family and friends. Women have vital things to say and everything to give. However if there is one flaw in women, it is that they forget their worth ;-(
They don't forget their worth. If anything, 99.9 percent of women these days think they're "all that" when really they're nothing. You're thinking egotistically. Most women are not like this, especially modern women. You're thinking of YOURSELF and you're putting this label on it to make it seem like all women are like this. I can't even begin to tell you how many women I met who are nothing but dumb whores who only care about money, a guy's looks, his car, all this bullshit. This spans thru all age groups btw.

How much "compassion" do you think a woman would have for a man that she's not attracted to or cares about? It's only when they like you that they "care" and "bring you joy."

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
Beliefs are dangerous.
Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead.
Believe in Nothing.

- Tool
I always thought that the band "Tool" came up with a very fitting name to describe themselves. That's exactly what they are...tools.

Beliefs are merely another way our minds organize and arrange ideas based on prior experience. Pretentious douchebags.

Last edited by Sting; 09-25-2010 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
They don't forget their worth. If anything, 99.9 percent of women these days think they're "all that" when really they're nothing. You're thinking egotistically. Most women are not like this, especially modern women. You're thinking of YOURSELF and you're putting this label on it to make it seem like all women are like this. I can't even begin to tell you how many women I met who are nothing but dumb whores who only care about money, a guy's looks, his car, all this bullshit. This spans thru all age groups btw.

How much "compassion" do you think a woman would have for a man that she's not attracted to or cares about? It's only when they like you that they "care" and "bring you joy."
I get what you are saying to an extent... The truth that one will see in that quote is really how one looks/views it. I see the quote as describing a REAL woman and not the very common 'modern' women. There are women like this out there. It just seems a little harder to find them these days with the way the world has changed. I know that when I read this the first person I thought of was my mother. There are women like this out there.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

"Behind every successful man is an exhausted woman, and behind ever exhausted woman is a successful man" - Some guy
Old 09-25-2010, 11:02 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

'My failure to succeed is the only thing i've achieved' - Carter USM

'Ive met the man on the street and he's a c*nt' - Sid Vicious
Old 09-25-2010, 11:33 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

behind every bitch is a man who made her that way.