Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-13-2010, 07:07 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default How has Mylene Farmer done since 2004?

After Alizée split with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutanant, she didn't have as much success as she did in her early years. I heard some people say that part of it was due to the fact that French fans are kind of fickle. They want only the latest and greatest, new faces, new music. I heard Lorie had a similar fate at that stage of her career though I don't know what she has done of late.
This made me wonder how MF had done since the break up. I heard she came out with a couple of albums, but I never looked into them until now. . I heard she had a new protege, Lisa, for who she produced a music video that was targeted for children. I'm not sure how well it did, but the video I just recently watched on Youtube had over a million hits, so it looks like it's done well.
LISA - Drole de Creepie

So I wondered how well Mylene has done since then. If my math serves me correctly, she was 42 at the time Alizée ran off to Las Vegas. Did she still have it herself I wondered.
Well I looked in Wikipedia. She announced a new album in december of 2004. I wonder if it would've been for Lily, but that's all water under the bridge now. The album was titled Avant que l'ombre. It had mixed but mostly favorable reviews. Debuted at #1 and was #1 for 3 non consequitive weeks. It sold nearly a million copies going multi platinum. Wiki said it's commercial success was considered inferior to her earlier albums because she did little to promote it (sound familiar?).

She released 5 singles from the album, all of which became top 10 hits. She had a 13 date tour in 2006 after a live and concert dvd was released which became the best selling dvd in France ever!!!!!!!!!!

Mylene released another album in 2008 called Point de Suture (her seventh studio album). It debuted at #1, selling 100,000 copies in the first week. It was described as being an electronic driven album (Does this too sound familiar?) Five singles were released from this album, all of which reached #1 on the charts.

Degeneration

Appelle mon numero

Si j'avais au moins

C'est dans l'air

Sextonik

A dvd was released of her tour becoming instantly diamond.
Look at the C'est dans l'air video and look at the wildly enthusiastic young crowd singing along with this now 47 year old woman.
She went on tour performing 36 concerts in 4 countries. Everyone of them sold out. She performed 2 concerts at the Stade de France that holds 80,000 people. The first one sold out in less than 2 hours.

Poor Alizée can't fill up 1 theater of 2,800. There are people in here who will say she's happy because she's doing her own thing. I seriously doubt that. She must see the success that MF is having and thinking that could have been her. Do you remember how unbelievably beautiful and happy she looked standing up on stage during En Concert. Imagine the look on her face having 80,000 people standing in front of her.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:50 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Guys look, on the other hand if she had stayed with Mylene we wouldnt have Psych and UEdS. I love fifty sixty, mademoiselle juilette, and lily town!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Old 09-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
Guys look, on the other hand if she had stayed with Mylene we wouldnt have Psych and UEdS. I love fifty sixty, mademoiselle juilette, and lily town!
I think Psychédélices is a great album and it shows that Alizée is capable of making excellent music without Mylène and Laurent, but the other side of that coin is that Alizée didn't have them to promote her and help guide her career.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:41 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Mhmmm for everything there is a pro and a con

I'm sure if Mylene was still working with Alizee there would still be a negative whether it be towards us or something Alizee was uncomfortable about
Old 09-13-2010, 09:06 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

that said....FFFFUUUUUU
Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by människöpesten View Post
that said....ffffuuuuuu
ikr??.....
Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It is what it is.
MF is a very gifted,and incredibly talented artist.
Alizée has struggled without her.
I'm sure Alizée loves her husband and loves her little girl in a way that shows no equal. But with out them, she would be crying herself to sleep every night over her decision to leave MF and LB.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It is what it is.
MF is a very gifted,and incredibly talented artist.
Alizée has struggled without her.
I'm sure Alizée loves her husband and loves her little girl in a way that shows no equal. But with out them, she would be crying herself to sleep every night over her decision to leave MF and LB.
ah, is it too much to think that she would be upset about her decision to leave MF and LB. Why do you think that it was her decision only. Do you believe that Mylene was not done with her? Mylene needed a teenager face for her new concept, she found Alizée. Once she crossed that stage, then couldn't it be possible for Mylene to move on without her?

ah, and about Mylene, yeah, she is talented, she is good singer and most importantly a good performer. I listened to her new album when it was released and her tour was awesome.

http://www.universalmusic.fr/video/M...%A9_%28live%29

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 09-13-2010 at 09:53 PM..