Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-22-2019, 06:39 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I think the boring songs are the main problem (but the plain hair and the second-rate clothing certainly don't help matters.)
Yes, you're right. And tattoos could even help matters if used as an essential component of a new, more brutal image (I mean anti-Lolita rockstar).
Old 09-22-2019, 10:40 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Yes, you're right. And tattoos could even help matters if used as an essential component of a new, more brutal image (I mean anti-Lolita rockstar).
Anti-lolita rockstar! Yes! .

If I was Alizee's new manager in 2004, I would have put her into hard rock.

Like Mylene, I would get Alizee fancy clothing and fancy hairstyles--- but it would be biker-chick rather than girl-next-door.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
If I was Alizee's new manager in 2004, I would have put her into hard rock.
Hard rock would probably be too "hard" for her. However, the history knows various examples ...

Here is hard rock Alizée:

Old 09-22-2019, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

That one looks like Suzy Quatro!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sq.JPG (35.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 09-22-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
That one looks like Suzy Quatro!
Yes, but on your picture she is 65 years old.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, but on your picture she is 65 years old.
I guess she is, if the copyright date is the same as the date it was taken. But if so, she sure looks good for 65!
Old 09-22-2019, 03:26 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
She was selling a musical album and not an outfit, video, dancing or anything else. How can you hope to sell something when you have nothing to sell? You can fool fans by pretty face or by promotion once, as it was with "Psychédélices", but you cannot do it twice. The main thing they overlooked, in my opinion, was the quality of the music material, and the person responsible for that was Pascal Obispo. Since this album has led the singer Alizée to a dormant state eventually, Pascal Obispo on one side and Chris Marques on the other are the ones who are to blame for the current state of things.
Hypothetical situation. You have 50 tourists coming to Paris on vacation as a group. They look through advertisements online for shows going on in Paris.

They see one theatre with this poster on it's site........

Attachment 2852

They see another site with this poster on it.....

Attachment 2853

Which theatre do you think these people would choose?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-28-2021 at 02:21 PM..
Old 09-22-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Hypothetical situation. You have 50 tourists coming to Paris on vacation as a group. They look through advertisements online for shows going on in Paris.

Of course, they would have chosen the second option. But you're comparing Alizée with herself. This is not correct because she were competing with other, more pushy artists, including foreign ones. Furthermore, I'm sure there were other shows, unrelated to music, e.g. fashion shows, sporting events etc. What could Alizée offer to the potential spectators? Outfits that are not unusual to Paris, the fashion capital of the world? Dances that they have already seen on TV? Moreover, I consider DALS with its old-fashioned dances more harmful than useful to Alizée's image. The main thing that distinguishes musical tours from other shows is the music in itself, as corny as that sounds, and this is where the problem was. There were no singles like "Moi... Lolita" from the last album and those who had already bought the album and listened to it, I'm sure had said to their friends neither to do the same nor to attend any concerts related to the album.

Now imagine what it would be if Alizée was lucky enough to find more conscientious and talented composers than Pascal Obispo and Laurent Konrad. Even with that failed 'blonde' image, if she had sang something like the following songs:

she would not only had a successful album and the Blonde tour but also a triumphant return to the stage.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Hard rock would probably be too "hard" for her. However, the history knows various examples ...

You're right, hard rock may be too hard for Alizee. But I was talking about an ideal world.

Suzi Quatro has the right costuming, but her facial expressions are too "sweet", too "nice". (Also, the photo with motorcycle looks staged--- maybe the "sweet" smile is the problem.)

My hard rock Alizee would have a more "serious" expression in photographs. Sort of a "do you have a problem with that, buddy?!?!?" facial expression--- if that makes sense.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Attachment 2852

Attachment 2853

The second poster, of course. But even the second poster is weak. A better poster might be Silencio's avatar--- just that one photo of Alizee--- with "ALIZEE" at the top.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 09-22-2019 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-22-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Now imagine what it would be if Alizée was lucky enough to find more conscientious and talented composers than Pascal Obispo and Laurent Konrad. Even with that failed 'blonde' image, if she had sang something like the following songs:

[...]

she would not only had a successful album and the Blonde tour but also a triumphant return to the stage.
The problem with Obispo and Konrad is that they are French songwriters. French songwriters aren't very good. (Except for Boutennat.)

The best songwriters are from the English-speaking countries---- such as England or the U.S. (Blondie, for instance, is an American band.)

If Alizee had been smart in 2004, she would have left France and moved to London or to Los Angeles. Britain and America are where the best songwriters are to be found.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 09-22-2019 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts