"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
That the name of the program: "DVD Decrypter"
Thanks for the info. I'll look it up.

Quote:
I'm not sure how much her voice has changed. The "La Javanise" from 2008 is one few times since En Concert she has been professionally recorded LIVE, with no modifications to her voice.... and I found it achingly beautiful, as good or better than anything on En Concert or earlier. What I saw of the stuff she did in Israel sounded great, but we never got a full-length full-quality version of that.
I'm not sure if it's just me but, I noticed a slight change say from voice, say from "Rockollection" or "Ouragan" (Les Enfoire '01/'02) to her perfonmance at LE 2011. I think her voice got a little deeper or thicker? But, nevertheless, she still sounds like an angel to me!
I love La Javanaise also as well as all her performances in Israel. I wish they come up with a DVD of that performance.

Quote:
As for the recent trip to Mexico... not professional, IMHO. She should have just put on her sailor suit, lip-synced JEAM while doing The Dance, and given them what they really wanted.
I just watched it again a couple of hours ago. You can tell she was VERY nervous. IMO, they should have let let her sing Les Collines first. That would have allowed her to settle down a little bit. I don't blame her, though. Singing before a large audience is tough enough already. Singing half-way around the world, before a large foreign audience, who you know don't even understand what you're singing about even though you know they love you, was probably a very weird feeling! It was like when she performed in Japan.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I'm not sure if it's just me but, I noticed a slight change say from voice, say from "Rockollection" or "Ouragan" (Les Enfoire '01/'02) to her perfonmance at LE 2011. I think her voice got a little deeper or thicker?
No doubt, she was barely out of childhood there. That said, I finally found some high-quality versions of those performances on the hub, and it's amazing how poised she was and how good she sounded live. Interesting that she didn't get to do her own songs live until En Concert, a couple years later.

Quote:
I just watched it again a couple of hours ago. You can tell she was VERY nervous. IMO, they should have let let her sing Les Collines first. That would have allowed her to settle down a little bit. I don't blame her, though. Singing before a large audience is tough enough already. Singing half-way around the world, before a large foreign audience, who you know don't even understand what you're singing about even though you know they love you, was probably a very weird feeling! It was like when she performed in Japan.
Eh, I just think they don't know what to do with her in Mexico. They promote her as the dancing sex bomb, but she really doesn't do that anymore. So they have her do a shaky duet with a guy(?!) and then a lip-sync version of The Hills standing still. Bizarre.

I don't think she was nervous, having been on much bigger stages. At this point, she's a pro. That doesn't help you much on some half-ass Mexican TV show, though.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 11-01-2011, 09:53 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Her voice hasnt changed all that much, and think she plays more to music as she always has changed her voice tones thru out her career.

She can sing several different styles of music, she would be phenom here in USA if people got to her music more.