Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

I've done many crazy things in the name of Alizée but most of the things I've done have come back with great results. I guess the craziest thing I ever did though was taking up Kickboxing. Alizée inspired me to try it out because I knew she did some thai boxing back in the day. Haha the only difference was that when I tried it out I ended up with a black eye and bruiesed ribs for a month.. ouch!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 10-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

I don't know if this is 'crazy', but my friend and I sat in my truck and played some Alizée in one of our college's parking lots for 2 hours. Most people just walked by, but they did turn and listen, like as they were walking by. Some people stopped and we wrote down her name and some songs, and told them to check her out. Like a week later we were walking to class, and a car drove by BLARING J'en Ai Marre. It was pretty awesome.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillmeether View Post
I don't know if this is 'crazy', but my friend and I sat in my truck and played some Alizée in one of our college's parking lots for 2 hours. Most people just walked by, but they did turn and listen, like as they were walking by. Some people stopped and we wrote down her name and some songs, and told them to check her out. Like a week later we were walking to class, and a car drove by BLARING J'en Ai Marre. It was pretty awesome.
You Alizee promoter you! Building a fan base 1 person at a time ... lol!

Old 10-17-2011, 03:40 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
You Alizee promoter you! Building a fan base 1 person at a time ... lol!
Well, that's what they did in Mexico and were rewarded with Alizee concerts and a guest appearance in La Acadamia!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Well, that's what they did in Mexico and were rewarded with Alizee concerts and a guest appearance in La Acadamia!
Well then it makes sense that Alizee performs in the US then because they come over to America....

Old 11-08-2011, 10:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I saw this thread a few weeks ago and wanted to post in it, but I was getting ready to go on vacation at the time and when I got back, I worked 11 straight days, so now I finally have time to do it.

I suppose the craziest thing I did was with the radio ads. For those new members who don't know about it. I paid to have several 30 second clips from Alizee's songs played as commercials here in Boston over a two week period. The results of which were very disappointing. As far as choosing Boston, I had first done some research on the internet. I thought thee best places to target was one of the Universities that have a good size student body but are located in a rural area and usually have local radio stations who's listeners are mostly from that school. I found two. I sent them both letters with my proposal. I also sent out a few to some other stations around the country including 2 here in Boston.
Well i didn't hear from the first 2, but I did hear back from 3 others and the only one that took me seriously was one here in Boston, and that was Magic. They were very friendly, very helpful, but probably not the best choice. Unfortunately after I made the commitment to them, I got an e-mail from one of the first 2 Universities I had wrote from a woman saying my message had gone into their spam folder and she had just found it at that point but it was too late.
I also didn't solicit any money from forum members because I knew there would be a big argument over what songs were chosen and I had definite views of the ones I wanted.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AuTp2WUYfps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another thing that my co-workers think was crazy was on one of my vacations to Italy, I went to a couple of places where Alizee performed. After I had planned out my trip, I thought to look up places where Alizee performed. Well her performance on 2 occasions in Pistoia really interested me. It looked to be a beautiful town. So I looked it up and I had originally planned on going to see the leaning tower of Pisa after stopping in Florence, but then I saw that both locations were about the same distance from Florence so I chose Pistoia and it was a great place to go to.

I then looked another place she performed at that was when she sang Moi Lolita in Taormina. Now with the purple lighting that had on the background, I couldn't tell if this was some type of ruin or some type of set they put together. So I googled it and was one of those things were your jaw hits the floor. It was a Greco-Roman theater originally built back in 300 BC and in the background stand the mighty Mount Etna. A great site during the day. But Taormina was way down in Sicily, far from my route of travel. Well it didn't take me long to think about it and I added to my itinerary and it was well worth it. Beautiful train ride down, beautiful town.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5182

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Then there was my latest trip to France where I stopped at the Triage Lavoir building where ACC was filmed. I had to improvise to get inside. Something that probably could have gotten me arrested, but it was well worth the chance.

There was also my efforts to join different forums to try and spread the name of Alizee when ever I had the chance. I joined college forums, sports forums, pilot and flight attendant forums. Anything I could think of. Some people criticized me because with the college forum, I had to make it sound like I was a student. But I wasn't trying to sell them anything, all I was trying to do was get them to hear a song or two of Alizee.
Here's a picture I posted in one forum (LSU) where someone had started a thread saying " show us your desktop" or something to that affect.

Of course what I did with the autographed cds was kind of crazy too. I had a feeling when I asked anyone in here if they wanted to get an autographed cd from Alizee, that it might start a firestorm and it did, but it turned into something great.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nJcmtE1gUXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hopefully it's not over yet.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-08-2011 at 10:52 PM..
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Well you've also experienced many great things Scruffy, so even if you're a little crazy it's all good!

Anyway going out on a limb here but there was a time that I would've died for Alizée and I really mean that! Well God forbid she ever needed a heart replacement or something like that, because I don't think I would give mine up for her anymore. The crazy thing is I still think about it though!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 11-12-2011, 08:29 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
...Of course what I did with the autographed cds was kind of crazy too. I had a feeling when I asked anyone in here if they wanted to get an autographed cd from Alizee, that it might start a firestorm and it did, but it turned into something great.
<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nJcmtE1gUXo" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Yes it did.

By the way, the English subtitled version of this should be on the home page. What do you think - time for a home page video refresh?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Yes it did.

By the way, the English subtitled version of this should be on the home page. What do you think - time for a home page video refresh?
Funny you ask, because this was suggested and agreed upon over a year ago, but yeah we should try to get MA to embed it for us if he is able to
Old 01-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Well, about 3 years ago, when I was in fully I-fricken-love-Alizée-to-death mode, I spoke of her nonstop and posted things about her on facebook continuously to the point that during first formation in the morning, the BC commented that the entire battalion should puke on me for liking French music.

Obviously nobody did.

Tags
craziest thing, do for alizée, hypothetical