Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
...and less than controllable bowel movements.
Okay TMI. But moving on...

I hate it when people merge into freeway traffic at <65 MPH ... especially when I am trying to merge on to the freeway behind them! Merging too slow can get someone killed.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post

I hate it when people merge into freeway traffic at <65 MPH ... especially when I am trying to merge on to the freeway behind them! Merging too slow can get someone killed.
Agreed! I also hate those people that immediately slow down after they change lanes. It's like they're begging to get rear ended.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Okay TMI. But moving on...

I don't know about elsewhere in the country, but at least in Colorado, generally all right turns have their own special lane with a curved turn and a merge lane (pretty nifty eh? Never have to wait to take a right turn).

Problem is, I hate it when people don't realize that when you're in the merge lane, you're supposed to wait your fucking turn to merge. Either you slow down slightly so you can weasel in, or if traffic is really bad you stop your car. Can't tell you how many people I've caused to slam their brakes and flip me off because I refuse to let them ignore this concept.

tl;dr - If I'm going straight, and you're in the merge lane next to me, and you're generally parallel to me, you're supposed to slow down and merge in behind me as I have the right of way. If you're a few car lengths ahead of me and you're going the proper speed, I have no problem letting you in. If you're like a foot ahead of me and you try to speed up to get ahead of me... I have but two words for you: good luck.

(in reference to the mail lady (I'm technically rural, so mail people have to drive their own cars rather than the mail trucks for whatever reason) who refuses to believe this. At our one intersection (I live in a small town), there's been two occurences where I'm going straight and she's turning right to go my direction. She fails to see the issue of us both going the legal speed and her refusal to understand the normal lane > merge lane hierarchy.)

(also, she looks like this. Not even kidding)

Old 12-21-2011, 02:47 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I don't know about elsewhere in the country, but at least in Colorado, generally all right turns have their own special lane with a curved turn and a merge lane (pretty nifty eh? Never have to wait to take a right turn).

Problem is, I hate it when people don't realize that when you're in the merge lane, you're supposed to wait your fucking turn to merge. Either you slow down slightly so you can weasel in, or if traffic is really bad you stop your car. Can't tell you how many people I've caused to slam their brakes and flip me off because I refuse to let them ignore this concept.

tl;dr - If I'm going straight, and you're in the merge lane next to me, and you're generally parallel to me, you're supposed to slow down and merge in behind me as I have the right of way. If you're a few car lengths ahead of me and you're going the proper speed, I have no problem letting you in. If you're like a foot ahead of me and you try to speed up to get ahead of me... I have but two words for you: good luck.

(in reference to the mail lady (I'm technically rural, so mail people have to drive their own cars rather than the mail trucks for whatever reason) who refuses to believe this. At our one intersection (I live in a small town), there's been two occurences where I'm going straight and she's turning right to go my direction. She fails to see the issue of us both going the legal speed and her refusal to understand the normal lane > merge lane hierarchy.)

(also, she looks like this. Not even kidding)

Ha ha ha! The mail lady! That is funny!

We don't have merging right turn lanes as much in Arizona, but we do have a few. The problem is, people fail to notice when they have them here and they hesitate to turn and merge into oncoming traffic! That, too, pisses me off! If you have your own lane, you DO NOT have to wait to turn!... idiots!!!

And I agree with what you said about merging. Hell, the definition of merging is to gradually blend, unite, combine, etc. and not "to pass oncoming traffic," "drive slow into oncoming traffic," or anything else that does not constitute a gradual blend.

Sometimes, I can just see when someone is zipping down the merging lane and there is nobody behind me, but they are on a mission to pass me as they merge... when I see this, it pisses me off to the point to where I become an a$$ and I'll just straddle both lanes to force them behind me. There is no reason to speed up to 85+ MPH to try and pass ahead of me when there is nobody behind me. Especially when it's a one-lane road and after they put all that extra effort to be in front of me, they slow down to a crawl for 10 miles and then, without signalling, they come to a complete F*cking stop before making a right turn into a side-road ... way to go.. d*mb*ss!!! People that stop before turning should have their license revoked.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:51 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

I'm going to simplify this page by saying I hate people who drive.

More specifically, those that nearly run me off the road on a dark and wet night at 60 MPH.
Also, those that stop in the middle of a lane on one of the busiest roads in the city because they're trying to force themselves into the turn lane of the mall I work at at the last second when there are no less than two more intersections that go to said mall within a quarter of a mile.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:53 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

There is this one street where I live (it wasn't very well planned out) where there are two traffic signals with two lanes, then maybe a couple hundred feet later it merges into one lane. You can tell when people aren't from around there (or are just plain retarded) when they zoom past everyone in the left lane while in the right lane, only to realize that it ends and they are stuck there until some sap lets them in. This results of course in a huge bottleneck. Anytime I drive that road, NO ONE gets in front of me if they do that. I will ride (carefully mind you) the tail of the person in front so as not to let one of them in.

Speaking of cars, these piss me off:

If it weren't illegal (or screw my awesome '96 Ford Explorer ) I'd ram every single one of these I see on the road.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 12-21-2011 at 02:56 AM..
Old 12-21-2011, 03:00 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
awesome '96 Ford Explorer
DOES NOT COMPUTE

I just traded one of those pieces of ballsacks in for 2 grand a few months back, and I got away with highway robbery. I now drive one of these beauties:

Unfortunately, it still suffers from the problem of Being A Ford, so lots of little things are always going wrong, but at least I look fly and don't have a transmission held together by a bag of rubber bands and thumb tacks.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:06 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
DOES NOT COMPUTE

I just traded one of those pieces of ballsacks in for 2 grand a few months back, and I got away with highway robbery. I now drive one of these beauties:

Unfortunately, it still suffers from the problem of Being A Ford, so lots of little things are always going wrong, but at least I look fly and don't have a transmission held together by a bag of rubber bands and thumb tacks.
Well, I got mine for 1 grand, so it is pretty awesome on the bank account... Plus I can say I bought it completely with my own money. Nothing pisses me off quite like hearing some teenaged punk bragging how "daddy bought me a new 2011 Lambo"

I'm actually looking at new (used) pick-ups right now.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:44 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Transportation Planning gone wrong:

Shanghai, China

Japan

Sao Paolo, Brazil

Moscow, Russia

Shanghai, China

Italy

shanghai, China

Swindon England