Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I know originally it was scheduled for march, but didn't they move it to next month?

EDIT:

Well you really have to keep pace around here. I just saw where they did change it, apparently today, from 2/25 to 3/25. In that cas, it's much too early to get this thread going again. Too much can happen in over 2 months so we'll have to hold our breath for a while,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again.

That's still a monday. I have to do a discount double check and see if that's the week I have vacation

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-15-2013 at 01:08 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 02:03 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

So anything?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:56 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

^ I think most have ordered the "Collector's Box"
Old 02-19-2013, 02:19 PM

Well it looks like it's time to get this ball rolling again. I don't know if maybe we should lock this thread and start a new one in case anyone who had signed up before might have dropped out since.

I was checking the timeline for the last autograph session and this was pretty much the way things went.

3/11/2010 - It was announced that an autograph session would be held at the VMS on 3/29/2010

3/15/2010 - I asked in the forum if anyone would like me to get them an autograph copy of her new album. I put a cap at 50 which later turned out to be 60.

That same day, someone pointed out it might not be a good idea to go up to the autograph table and plop down 50 cds for her to sign. She might not have liked that and the people behind me definitely wouldn't have liked it.

That same day FanDeAliFee sent a letter to the VMS telling them a representative from the U.S. was attending the autograph session where he was going to buy numerous cds.

3/25/2010 - Ben received notification that a private autograph would be held for the AlizeeAmerica ambassador where she would sign the 50 cds for their members.

So if they stick to the same timeline, we should know around march 7th if and when and where the autograph session will be. Hopefully it will be at the VMS and hopefully the same people will be working there and hopefully, they'll remember what happened as a good experience and want it to happen again.

We'll definitely have to start putting together a letter so we'll be ready when the time comes.

I also want to be prepared in case we either don't hear back from them or they refuse our offer.

What do you think would be a number of cds I could asked to be signed by her without being rude to her or those in line?

I'm thinking if it happens this way and I could only get let's say 8 cds, I would mainly want to get them for fans who have been here the longest, who are "currently" active and who didn't get one the last time. There's also the possibility that I could get in line a second time if they permit that ( that could depend on the size of the crowd) and get another 8. I may even not get one for myself in lieu of getting one for someone else here.

Another thing I wonder about is it looks like those who will be receiving the collectors box may be receiving an autographed picture with it. Will this change their mind about wanting an autographed cd?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-19-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 03:52 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Scruffydog right now I'd say go with the letter like last time and knowing the Music Industry and Alizée I'd bet on another private signing. The last one went very well and knowing Alizée only has to deal with two or three guys that are not going to annoy her instead of a line of her peeps snaking through the store. A quick sale of fifty or more CD's brings her a nice profit on our investment, around 150€ for an hours work. With the problems of pirating and people down loading music for free she and Sony should be thrilled that a number of American fans flew over to Paris to buy a 1,000€ of her signed Cd's.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Another thing I wonder about is it looks like those who will be receiving the collectors box may be receiving an autographed picture with it. Will this change their mind about wanting an autographed cd?
I had imagined there was a possibility of autographed cards in the box, but as far as I know that has never been announced or really even hinted at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Scruffydog right now I'd say go with the letter like last time and knowing the Music Industry and Alizée I'd bet on another private signing. The last one went very well and knowing Alizée only has to deal with two or three guys that are not going to annoy her instead of a line of her peeps snaking through the store. A quick sale of fifty or more CD's brings her a nice profit on our investment, around 150€ for an hours work. With the problems of pirating and people down loading music for free she and Sony should be thrilled that a number of American fans flew over to Paris to buy a 1,000€ of her signed Cd's.
Very good reasoning...
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I think you guys have mistaken the "personalized mirror" for a "signed mirror". There was some talk about whether it was just her name on it or she signed each mirro, but now that we have multiple translations on the store's sight and they got an overwhelming amiunt of purchases, it seems they now mean just a "pocket mirror with Alizée's logo".

See here: http://alizee.sonymusic.fr/uk/

So even if she did slip in 150 signed cards or something like last time, it doesn't mean everyone is getting one. So I'd say its safe to say to go with Scruffy's plan outlined above.

Except besides going with the different proposed 16, I say we shoot for the original 50 CD's. Whats the worst they can say? Worst is they'd most likely not reject and ask for less to be signed.

Does anyone have the letter DocDTV/FanDeAlifee sent so we can just make a few changes here and there and send it off as soon as the autograph session is announced? Or, with the massive knowledge and willingness of great translators here, we can draft a new one. Which would probably be best.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:08 AM

I think this effort of ours to obtain auotgraphed cds for our members is much in jeapordy in point. From the begining of when this started last year, I've been trying to plan ahead. Things happened rather quickly at the autograph session in 2010 and we were lucky that things happened in time for what was to take place.

Again, I'm trying to be ahead of the game, but at this point, I have absolutely no idea how many members have asked for an autograph cd or who has asked for one. I asked last year that these names be posted in the thread and to this date, this has not happened. I wanted this info for a few reasons.

The first two were rather obvious reasons. I wanted members to know that their names are actually on the list and I want them to know that we have the correct name that they want signed by Alizee on the cd.

Another important reason is if we only have 20 people who have asked for a signed cd, that very well might not be enough for them to want to set up a seperate autograph session for us. At the last autograph session, it was thought that we might fall short of the 50 members requesting cds that we were asking the VMS for, so Ben sent out a mass pm asking to see who might want one and we had a lot of late entries which helped us meet our goal.

I also have no info in who might have originally planned on going to the autograph session or whether they are still planning to go after the 2 delays. If I knew that, I could make plans to see if they might be willing to bring back some cds themselves, even if they were to ship them to me once they got back,so I could ship them out. That would make things easier for me.

So I'd have to say the way things stand now is we start from scratch with a new thread and lock this one. The first post in the first thread will be updated with the names of those who have requested a cd along with the name they want signed to the cd. I don't have the power to lock this thread and unless somebody locks this thread, I think we can consider this effort over, because members wont know where to post their requests and I don't want to answer to them as to why their names didn't make the list.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-23-2013 at 02:19 AM..
Old 02-23-2013, 09:56 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I'm with Scruffydog with a new dedicated thread that can be edited to the original post to list those wanting a signed CD. Time is short and this list needs be complete with in the next two weeks.

By the way Scruffydog did you get that Sample sized skull set on its way to you?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I'm with Scruffydog with a new dedicated thread that can be edited to the original post to list those wanting a signed CD. Time is short and this list needs be complete with in the next two weeks.

By the way Scruffydog did you get that Sample sized skull set on its way to you?
We're just 30 days away and there's no time to waste, so I will start a new thread and ask that this one be locked. For people who already entered there request here, you must re-enter it in the new thread to get an autographed cd "if" we are able to get one.

As far as the sampler, I will get that taken care of on my days off; mon or tues.
Closed Thread