Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-14-2010, 11:42 PM

whitey® is on a distinguished road
Default Wow...(not the Game)

I can't believe it's been so long since I started listening to Alizée. I started listing in the summer of 08 but she's been around for much longer. I just can't believe it's been as long as it has been, Psychedelices still feels like a new album to me. The last few years of my life have passed faster than I can believe. Anyone else feel this way?

The second angel poured his bowl into the sea,and it became like the blood of a dead man.
-APOCALYPSE
Old 02-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

I know exactly how you feel, its been over two and a half years for me. I've almost reached the point where listening to Alizée is nostalgic, like replaying Zelda OoT on the N64. It reminds me of simpler, happier days. I think when I left home for college, I left Alizée behind. I miss that feeling of discovering something truly amazing and life changing. Even since I found her, I've been trying to get the same high. She really is a drug and I'm glad I got addicted. It's not just Alizée, its you guys. I'm so glad to be part of this amazing community and I've learned so much from all of you. I know I'm rambling but I just want to thank all of you for making these past two years so awesome. Barrett, I think you are single handedly responsible for about half of my iTunes music. Ruroshen, the podcasts were so much fun and I hope we can do them again. Ben, you make all of this possible by keeping this site up and running.

Finally, I really wish I could thank the guy who started it all for me. My good friend Sam Davis. Wherever you are Sam, thank you. You have no idea how much you've changed my life. I never would have discovered Alizée, SNSD, and all the other artists I now listen to. I wouldn't be in Colorado either, I'd be back is Misery (Missouri). I hope we meet again someday.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

6years on march 9th liek whut?!?!?!?!

---------------------------------------------------

Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
I know exactly how you feel, its been over two and a half years for me. I've almost reached the point where listening to Alizée is nostalgic, like replaying Zelda OoT on the N64. It reminds me of simpler, happier days. I think when I left home for college, I left Alizée behind. I miss that feeling of discovering something truly amazing and life changing. Even since I found her, I've been trying to get the same high. She really is a drug and I'm glad I got addicted. .
Amen brother, amen.

I feel basically the same way. I really do miss that excitement of being crazily obsessed about Alizée! When I was feeling it, I wanted it to be over because it drove me mad, but now that it's cooled off a bit... I miss it!

I miss digging through youtube watching every possible video about her, including interviews in French despite not speaking it, going to google and reading up random articles or w/e about her, trying to find new pictures of her, surfing this forum and posting like crazy, and listening to just her music for months... but most importantly, she was on my mind so many hours of the day.